UKFF exclusive: Hulk Who Beyond The Extreme's 15th anniversary

JNLister

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I just came across this very article in Power Slam. For those interested, the intro to the article is:

Planes, Trains and Arkansas Buses:

Every year, the tax man helps himself to a pile of your money. Then the government lends it, interest free, to students. They then go and spend it on ridiculous adventures. John Lister says ta very much ...

Power Slam could do with these on the road type diaries more. The Impact tapings would have been perfect to do an article on.

• 8 months later...
  • Paid Members

Trivia note: If you take Matt's hair style and my hair length, then take his leather/denim combo and add my patented short-sleeves-over-long-sleeves look, and then literally combine our weights, you get this moment of fashion greatness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...hJsEvAo7E#t=17s

• Paid Members
Power Slam could do with these on the road type diaries more. The Impact tapings would have been perfect to do an article on.

Agreed. I remember reading this in PS back in the day, and it stuck with me a long time. So much so that my ambition for years was to not only undertake a similar trip myself, but also to get the diary published in the magazine.

Amazingly, through incredible good fortune and timing, I actually managed to fulfill this ambition in September 2009 (wow, can't believe it's been over three years!), as I ended up hooking up with Colt Cabana, Bryan Danielson and Sal Rinauro on a two-week trip around the States, just as Cabana was making his post-WWE return to the indies, and Danielson was wrapping up his pre-WWE commitments.

Not only that, I was then able to sell the write-up to the UKFF's favourite son, Fin Martin, for a fairly generous sum.

As said issue of Power Slam is no longer available, to the best of my knowledge, and as John (Lister) has now removed his road diaries, I'm happy to post my efforts in this thread if people are interested?

This is actually taken from the original Microsoft Word document, which I've just found on my laptop, and not the edited version which eventually appeared in PS.

It's not quite from the same fan's-eye perspective as Lister's excellent piece, but I hope it might be of some interest/entertainment value.

It's pretty lengthy, so I'll prob have to break it down into a couple of posts.

• Paid Members

So that's it! Bit of a downbeat ending, unfortunately, but everyone was pretty run down after two weeks driving up and down the country, living out of a car.Just from my own notes, I've remembered that one of the "unidentified bodies" sleeping alongside us following the AIW show in Sandusky was Flip Kendrick, who I think recently showed up in TNA, though possibly with a different last name.If anyone has any questions etc, then let me know.

Archived