"I don't know why I like it"

WWFChilli

• Paid Members
Nobody has ever booked themselves in more 30+ minute matches in WWE history

Well, considering the only other guys to have "booked themselves" in WWE matches are Vince and possibly Shane, that's not really a great insult, is it? What are you going to do next, call him the worst wrestler in WWE history to have three names beginning with "H?"

Aside from that slight logic hole, it was a good parody. Probably the best I've seen since "he's buried more young talent than Ian Brady!" Top marks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

There's loads of shit stuff in wrestling that I have liked over the years, it's hard to remember and know where to start.

Here's two off the dome -

I am a massive mark for the Big Show and enjoy everything he does. (although I have purposely avoided that awful looking film). I know he goes in waves of being good and bad, but I love it all.

I really liked Kane and RVD's tag team. They had some great go home spots, such as the double clotheslines in opposite corners followed by the 5 star. They were just fun matches to watch.

• Paid Members
Reusing material pitcos? For shame

In fairness, the latest idiot was just rehashing the idiot that prompted it last month. And both of them are just repeating shit opinions from PowerSlam and dirtsheets from a decade ago.

Well yeah, but I expect you to be above those people

I am a massive mark for the Big Show and enjoy everything he does. (

Agreed. I still think fondly of his comedy match with Angle where he came out dressed as Hulk Hogan. Also, his silly tag team with Billy Gunn.

And the finest thing he's ever done, IMO, when he was a tag team with Kane a few years ago. They came out for the Raw main event, their opponents came out, the two of them were standing on the apron next to their corner and they looked at each other, and then Big Show quite audibly said "Right, let's get this shit over with" and stepped over the rope to begin the match.

:laugh:

• Paid Members

13880.gif

Rowdy Roddy Piper's hair. Don't know why but he's always managed to have long hair without it being a complete disaster or HBK mullet.

On a more serious note, I've always enjoyed the outdoor wrestling events. They seem to make the viewer feel more like they are there somehow, Summerslam 92 or Mania 24 in Orlando for example.

Reusing material pitcos? For shame

In fairness, the latest idiot was just rehashing the idiot that prompted it last month. And both of them are just repeating shit opinions from PowerSlam and dirtsheets from a decade ago.

A shit opinion would be using a shit magazine nobody reads to justify any similar opinion as null and void.

That old Summerslam logo is a thing of beauty. I also ridiculously miss the way they used to go through all the Royal Rumble participants with the old Rumble music playing whilst Vince would emphasise everybody in his grovelly voice. "THE TEXAS TORNADO KYYERRY VON ERICH"

Awesome. They need to do this again.

I loved Jamie Noble's whiny bitch heel character. It was exquisette. Everytime he approached Vickie licking his lips and then get put in a match with, say Batista just to hear 'WHHHHYYYYY VICKIE? YOU VIOLATING ME!' Hell, I even like his stuff with Hornswoggle and the cruiserweight title.

Noble/Vickie

Noble/Hornswoggle/Box

Nobody has ever booked themselves in more 30+ minute matches in WWE history

Well, considering the only other guys to have "booked themselves" in WWE matches are Vince and possibly Shane, that's not really a great insult, is it? What are you going to do next, call him the worst wrestler in WWE history to have three names beginning with "H?"

Aside from that slight logic hole, it was a good parody. Probably the best I've seen since "he's buried more young talent than Ian Brady!" Top marks.

It is a top parody, but I suspect he's a genuine mong.

MENE GENE and interviewers that werent scared of the wrestlers.

I think its important for the reporters and announcers to be a little bit in fear and awe of the superstars but I loved how Mene Gene and Lord Alfred weren't just wet drips who got pushed around by the wrestlers. It was nice having a team of people, announcers, commentators etc who all knew each other and had dynamics between each other and it felt like a wwf team

• Paid Members

Gene wasnt scared, for the same reason a boxing announcer isnt scared or a real life interviewer isnt scared. Interviewing was his job, and nobody had a right to lay their hands on them. I remember Hogan got him by the collar cuffs and Gene just said "you dont touch me, I've got a fleet of lawyers". Thats why Gene was amazing. He I thought he was a legit sporting pundit as a kid. He wouldnt have been out of place on Saint and Greavesy.

When Russo came in, Gene didn't need the lawyers. He just told wrestlers if they touched him, he'd give them a Burnley Wallet or something to that effect.

• Paid Members
Gene wasnt scared, for the same reason a boxing announcer isnt scared or a real life interviewer isnt scared. Interviewing was his job, and nobody had a right to lay their hands on them. I remember Hogan got him by the collar cuffs and Gene just said "you dont touch me, I've got a fleet of lawyers". Thats why Gene was amazing. He I thought he was a legit sporting pundit as a kid. He wouldnt have been out of place on Saint and Greavesy.

When Russo came in, Gene didn't need the lawyers. He just told wrestlers if they touched him, he'd give them a Burnley Wallet or something to that effect.

Haha, that just reminded me of Mean Gene 2000, picking fights and telling the Natural Born Thrillaz to go and fuck off. Gene Okerlund has never been uninteresting. He has THAT lovely voice.

Archived