How do you read yours?

brutusbarber

Just wondered if anyone had any particular reading habits of the forum? Although I rarely post when reading I generally do it in two lumps a day. A morning read on the train to catch up with updated threads from the night before and then I refrain from looking during the day which allows me a full read on the train home. I generally avoid other times to allow enough posts to build up.

Also I give myself one gold thread to go through page by page too when time allows. There is so much content/shit I don't think I'll ever really get bore, does keep me coming back. this generally happens while I am on the shitter, occasionally I have been in for an hour reading a gold thread.

Does anyone else have strange reading habits?

• Paid Members

I read whilst naked and watching old Nitro's. Right now I'm slowly working up a semi at the mere announcement of a tournament to crown a Women's Champion. But in all seriousness, I'm much more a lurker and reader than a poster and I just generally look at stuff as it comes up and then check in during my internet time at random intervals to see if there's been any fresh posts. I do post more than I used to recently but it depends on how good my arms etc. feel at the time [don't mean to bore you with personal details]; it's odd because I probably think a lot of things in my head but never post them.

Being a lurker is fun though, at times you feel like Sting if he hanged out in the rafters above even neil's head whilst intently watching Kiffy bore everyone with white noise, or watching an old member come back and out himself as still being awful. There's enough stuff on here to warrant the full face paint job.

• Moderators

I compulsively check this place a lot. Mostly when I'm working at a PC though - so either like now, when I'm at the office, or also when I'm on my home PC doing some recording or even just general internet surfing, I'll pop on here and have a browse also.

And then also if I'm on the train I will have a quick scan too...

So yeah. Pretty much all the time, unless I'm on a night out or something.

I'm a massive lurker and I should really post more - I usually have a skim of any interesting looking threads in the morning, have a bit of a look while at uni during the day during procrastination sessions then a proper read of interesting looking threads in the evening. Hardly ever get around to actually posting though.

Mainly read during the week at work, to give my brain a rest from my job. My work is often a bit stop-start, rebuilding code and the like and so you'll get 10 minute moments where you can't do anything significant on your PC.

I'm on here more over the weekend than I used to, essentially as I go out a lot less than in my 20s.

I'm a compulsive lurker, I read rather than post. Always have it on at work, and I don't really know why. But hardly ever post. Less than 700 posts in nearly 9 years. What a miserable fucker I am. At home not so much, and I don't have the insomnia to watch Raw and chat.

I guess my answer is: at work.

• Paid Members

I've lurked on this forum for a couple years now and only just bothered to get an account, I'll probably hardly every post though and continue to creep through threads. Read through pretty much every time I'm on my laptop.

I like to read it in the mornings as it's usually quicker than going through websites to see if there's any news.

Then I'll check throughout the day to have a break from work, but mostly reply to stuff in the evening when I've got more time.

It's also more useful than sites for reading other news without spoiling a PPV the night after.

• Awards Moderator

I pretty much always have this place up and minimised when I'm in the office, so it's just 'there' when I fancy a peek. I really shouldn't, though, given the number of people who come to my desk asking me to look at something on one of our online systems. I now usually have to respond with 'ah, my internet's been playing up. I'll come and look at it on your machine', simply to avoid a colleague seeing the site and assuming I'm in the BNP or like wrestling. Or that I'm on some kind of eclectic retired sports star VIP members board with Gladstone Small, Keith Houchen and Sir Steve Redgrave.

In the house, it's again usually always open for ease of access when I'm bored. Which is often.

The number of times I go on the internet for something specific but without thinking, just type UK and hit enter on my address bar is bloody worrying.

• Paid Members
When at work and my manager asks me what I'm looking at I say "Just reading some shit....helps my brain think of creative solutions". He actually believes it.

So that's why there's so many mongs here now. I hope all their terrible shit has produced some brilliant solutions

Archived