There's no bastards left in WWE :(

IANdrewDiceClay

Matt Classic wrestled Jerry Lawler recently. Here's highlights from it. I've been trying to track down the full thing because it looks brilliant. Lawler has to be the best old bloke in recent history. He still drags out top matches with all kinds of opponents.

That match looks absolutely brilliant, WWE missed a trick by need bringing Matt Classic up to the main roster. He looks pretty big as well nowadays, or Lawlers' got smaller.

I can only echo the sentiments of those who said Lawler's still one of the best in the world. I can only assume Vince thinks it's funny to not give him a proper WM match, because frankly I suspect he'd put on a better main event than almost anyone else on the roster.

Lawler still wrestles all the time; why can't he wrestle on WWE tv?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the numerous bully reports are to be believed Holly just comes across as a guy who believes he's more important to an organisation than he actually is, I'm sure everyone can relate that to a person at work. He was always a fast forward guy for me and I'd be surprised if anybody could recall a Bob Holly match they would want to rewatch. I'm not downplaying any potential contributions he may have made backstage though, a guy with that much experience has some worth.

Yeah, but who are the numerous bully reports from? I don't remember seeing many from wrestlers not called Ken Anderson, perhaps you'd be able to refresh my memory? I do remember people like Brian Kendrick and Paul London waxing lyrical about how good a guy he was though.

I was also thinking of a Matt Striker incident but that may have involved Benoit. Holly branded himself a bully after the Matt Cappoletti incident and choosing to deal with Dupree in the ring regarding an outside issue is inappropriate and a bit schoolyard.

How is everyone forgetting goldust??? Dustin is a legend and I can imagine him as a locker room leader backstage. I know he's not on the main roster at the min, but he's always there.

How is he thought of backstage? Not really heard any reports.

• Moderators
If the numerous bully reports are to be believed Holly just comes across as a guy who believes he's more important to an organisation than he actually is, I'm sure everyone can relate that to a person at work. He was always a fast forward guy for me and I'd be surprised if anybody could recall a Bob Holly match they would want to rewatch. I'm not downplaying any potential contributions he may have made backstage though, a guy with that much experience has some worth.

Yeah, but who are the numerous bully reports from? I don't remember seeing many from wrestlers not called Ken Anderson, perhaps you'd be able to refresh my memory? I do remember people like Brian Kendrick and Paul London waxing lyrical about how good a guy he was though.

I was also thinking of a Matt Striker incident but that may have involved Benoit. Holly branded himself a bully after the Matt Cappoletti incident and choosing to deal with Dupree in the ring regarding an outside issue is inappropriate and a bit schoolyard.

Yeah, the Matt Striker incident was Benoit. Didn't he joke about getting out of having to go to developmental or disrespect HBK or something?

• Paid Members
Lawler's still one of the World's best. Easily. I don't see why people get hung up about age and being too old in wrestling, many of the best in the game are the wrong side of 45. Wrong side of 50 even.

Lawlers one of those who just knows how to do "it" and seemingly always has. It's sad to think that to a generation out there he's just that guy who sits next to Cole.

If anything, Lawler is somehow better now - he was never fantastic in the ring in any particular area, but he just got "it" on every level - now people don't expect majestic performances, he is outstanding.

And I have doubts about anyone that doesn't think that Bob Holly was absolutely rock solid. He reminds me of Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa, just a nasty, pissed off guy that you would never want to get on the bad side of.

In response to Butch, I vaguely remember reading that Striker was bragging about how Raw had the more superior talent roster or something like that whilst backstage during a dual branded show building towards a Smackdown vs Raw Survivor Series match. Obvious rookie error, haha.

Personally I think the WWE has gone more business orientated in the last 10 years and the main focus is money, money and money. It's gonna have a competitive feel backstage and everyone just wants to step to the next level. Sadly this is a difficult situation as there are few who do. I just think the whole problem is modern day business ethics influenced by the lack of kayfabe we see these days into why nobodys really respected. I must also admit there isn't many tough looking wrestlers within mainstream in today's age.

I wish we still did have some right bastards left though..

If I had my way I would have JBL hired as a road agent and sort all the fuckers out.

Matt Classic wrestled Jerry Lawler recently. Here's highlights from it. I've been trying to track down the full thing because it looks brilliant. Lawler has to be the best old bloke in recent history. He still drags out top matches with all kinds of opponents.

That match looks absolutely brilliant, WWE missed a trick by need bringing Matt Classic up to the main roster. He looks pretty big as well nowadays, or Lawlers' got smaller.

Cabana was that big when he played the role 5 years ago. I think the attire Colt usually wears doesn't really show off his true size.

How is everyone forgetting goldust??? Dustin is a legend and I can imagine him as a locker room leader backstage. I know he's not on the main roster at the min, but he's always there.

How is he thought of backstage? Not really heard any reports.

I'm sure people respect him, but they can't think that highly of him because he's obviously a fucking looper and half the time he's a crackhead.

Can't understand why wwe is so heavily involved in this anti bullying campaign at the moment considering bullying has been a crnerstone of the business both in front and behind the curtain. In wrestling bullying is resolved with violence not fashionable these days. Slow chanting, Irwin, or chanting paula at paul orndorff would be considered bullying. With so much ammunition for there detractors why would they put themselves out there as the moral guide like this?

Didn't Holly and Benoit stiff the shit out of Puder in the Rumble after the whole Angle incident during his Tough Enough stint?
I'm going off memory here, so forgive any mistake but the 2005 Rumble I believe started with Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit, then Puder came out next to be chopped shitless by them both, then out next was Bob with a massive grin on his face, Puder was fucked. If that wasn't set up to teach the kid some respect I'll eat my own arse, I fucking loved that few minutes like a son.

Edit

Archived