UFC 140: Jones vs Machida Discussion Thread

David

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

The end of the Big Nog fight was horrible to watch. As much as I hate Mir that was a beautiful sweep / roll through with the arm. Nog should have kept it on his feet, Mir was already gassing and was wobbling. :(

Tito trying to protect his massive head while getting punched in the ribs was truly bizarre.

Edit

Bonuses

* KO of the Night: Chan Sung Jung

* SUB of the Night: Frank Mir

* FIGHT of the Night: Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida

No surprises there, now let us never mention The Mir/Nog fight ever again

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

kind of goes to show what kind of night it was when Jones/Machida took Fight of the Night despite not having a lot of action in it, i think it was a deserved winner though, so tense.

If the first 2 rounds of Ebersole/Patrick was like the 3rd that would have taken the prize surely, i enjoyed that fight too though. After the 7 second second blitz seeing two veterans trying to out-hustle each other was good to watch, lots crafty shit going on. Still, i had Patrick winning it 30-27.

This card had a bit of everything.

• Paid Members

Wow some Brutal finishes throughout. Sozysnki looked completely out of it, Philippou destroying Hamman, Nog's arm and Machida dropping to the canvas in a heap.

Great show again. UFC have had an amazing year and Jones' year is arguably the greatest in MMA history.

• Paid Members

interesting little video, the UFC's new 'corner cam' thing is gonna capture some interesting shit. I'd love listen to them during a broadcast, but im too caught up in the main broadcast. Would be awesome if the UFC includes the corner audio and camera angles on future DVD releases, give us time to actually use that shit.

Im always interested to hear what is said in the cage before/after fights, that Jackson/Jones video captures something we wouldn't usually hear...oh, and me and Stu are of the impression that Greg Jackson isn't the nice, honest guy he's made out to be, sneaky fucker :sneaky:

• Paid Members

Anyone see the Mark Hominick post fight interview on MMAFighting.com? Hominick breaks down when they ask him about Shawn Tompkins, pretty hard to watch. No discredit to Jung but I think Hominick wasn't there mentally last night. One of the best technical strikers in MMA and he came out with a sloppy left hook from way out like that. Jung did what he had to do though.

• Paid Members

Nog's the fucking man. 0-2 to Mir but he's had a great career. He's got nowt to be ashamed of. I still rate him as the 2nd greatest heavyweight in MMA history behind Fedor.

If only he'd kept puching instead of going for that sub :( he'd be 2-0 this year with 2 first round KO's and could have been fighting Brock in a few weeks if the Overeem rumours are true. He looked good last night until the sub. Looked like he was getting back into decent form. Now he's on the shelf again, I'm worried how he'll look after another layoff. Time's not on his side.

I wish Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg would get Jon Jones' dick. Yeah he's excellent but their desire for his cock is ridiculous and every time they ooh and aah over him I'm reminded more and more of Eamon Dunphy describing Sven Goran Eriksson's post match interview with Garth Crooks after England's defeat of Paraguay in WC 2006 as "the first time I've seen sex between two men on the BBC".

• Paid Members
Nog's the fucking man. 0-2 to Mir but he's had a great career. He's got nowt to be ashamed of. I still rate him as the 2nd greatest heavyweight in MMA history behind Fedor.

If only he'd kept puching instead of going for that sub :( he'd be 2-0 this year with 2 first round KO's and could have been fighting Brock in a few weeks if the Overeem rumours are true. He looked good last night until the sub. Looked like he was getting back into decent form. Now he's on the shelf again, I'm worried how he'll look after another layoff. Time's not on his side.

yeh, Mir was done on the ground, i think it was Herb shouting 'don't hit the back of the head' that caused Nog to go for a submission. Like i said though, i think Herb would have been justified to stop the bout at that point in my opinion, Mir was out for a second or two. Still, the bout wasn't stopped so all credit to Mir for pulling out what he did, one of the best come from behind victories ive ever seen.

Archived