Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Bit of news on Ric Flair, courtesy of lordsofpain.net....

Ric Flair and his wife Jacqueline Beems are currently going through a divorce. This would be Flair's fourth. There has been talk of replacing Vickie Guerrero with Flair as Dolph Ziggler's mouthpiece but there's no word yet on how serious those talks are. Flair would be legally able to work for WWE on September 10th.

• Paid Members

To no-one's surprise, Ric Flair's going to be forking out some more alimony. At least he'll be able to continue the tradition of joking that he's just got a divorce if he gets to speak at next year's HOF.

From today's Observer:

Due partially to the second domestic violence issue from late June where Jacqueline Beems allegedly attacked Ric Flair, the couple is going through a divorce. That would be Flair

• Paid Members

Now when he raises four fingers, he can raise he middle one with it.

On the Ziggler front, I think the last thing he needs is Flair by his side. He's far worse than Vickie for stealing the limelight. And Vickie is terrible for it. If you have Ric Flair by your side you need to be a Gunner (someone so low on the roster an association would lift him in the eyes of the fans) or a Triple H (someone who's so big in name value, you wont steal his spotlight). Someone who is desperate to breakout on his own like Ziggler might be the kiss of death.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Ray is a huge loss, I always imagined they would go there separate ways for a bit before been reunited with Devon saving a face ray from a beat down to reunite the tag team. After all there more profitable as a tag team on the independent scene and in some fans eyes if they reunited without explanation the world would cave in on itself.

Apparently, according to the Dudleys shoot, it was John Laurinaitis who 'fucked them' and resulted in them leaving WWE in 2005.

Now he's no longer in a position of power, it would leave the door open for their return.

If HHH is serious about bolstering the tag division then bringing back the Dudleys would be a good start in my opinion.

Man, that's disappointing if true. The WWE will use them as a tag team, I'd imagine, and WWE's tag division is laughable.

Aye, it would be an utter waste. The Dudleys were a stale act in WWE in 2004, and I can't see much value in their act beyond the initial nostalgia pop, especially with most of the 'hardcore' aspect taken out in PG-era WWE. Seeing Bully Ray back going through the motions in the Dudleys after he's developed so much as a character in the last year would be a real shame, and you just know he'll get hardly any time on the mic.

Is tag team wrestling as celebrated as it once was though it seems to have been slipping off for the last decade. Not that there hasn't been some belters in that time but it seems to have peaked and nowadays tag team wrestling is n after thought for unused wrestlers or goes with nothing to do. Even Tna top three teams ever were thrown together. I hope ray stays on but cant see it without Devon. How did they cope with been on different brands bak in he ruthless aggression period