Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Next week is Ted Dibiase Jr.

That's a bit of a kick. It feels like he's barely out the door. Curtis Axel's probably chewing his fingernails as he waits to see what the next one is.

Crikey he's been gone 3 years now. Was interesting listening to that Cody Rhodes thing the other day he was talking about Ted was the one out of Legacy everyone thought was going to be the bigger star.

Also a good story with Dean Malenko (I think) telling him never to copy any of hid Dad's mannerisms, moves or gimmicks as it wouldn't help in the long run. Ted Dibiase Jr on the other hand was wandering around with the Million Dollar belt and Virgil. 

Edited by Wrasslin

• Paid Members

It'll be interesting how they spin a DiBiase Jr one, as he was one of the "lost the will to live working for this company, had to go get a proper job straight away as I hadn't really earned all that much despite being on worldwide TV/away from home all the time/knackering my body" brigade, wasn't he?

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members

That was basically the genesis of the gimmick, yeah. He'd go out and tailgate with fans before events (allegedly off his own back, but...) and turned face as a result, showing he was a man of the people rather than a spoilt rich kid.

• Paid Members

Did they have a life coach type storyline where he was Cody's lackey, as Cody was successful (IC champ at the time maybe) and Ted's career had fallen? I don't know if I've completely imagined it.

Kinda, yeah. When Cody was doing the ugly/face mask/paper bag gimmick. Ted followed him around handing out paper bags to the fans.

Eventually Cody turned on Ted and paper-bagged him, which began Ted's DiBiase Posse face run.

For me the highlight of his tenure was the match with Orton while still a member of Legacy, having been ordered not to fight back but eventually deciding he'd had all that he could standsk, and he couldn't standsk no more.