Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Just had a "get up to $250 by referring friends to WWE network" email off WWE. $25 WWEShop gift card for every friend that signs up, with a maximum of ten. They're getting creative with their attempts to up the memberships.

Edited by King Pitcos

Just had a "get up to $250 by referring friends to WWE network" email off WWE. $25 gift card for every friend that signs up, with a maximum of ten. They're getting creative with their attempts to up the memberships.

I was thinking about getting it, want to PM me the link or referral code or whatever? May as well get you some cash out of it.

Edited by Polish Dad

WWEShop.

Might as well give it a go! Cheers Polish. Apparently you'll get a giftcard as well. When I click on the link to refer, it takes me to this page:

x23rjn.jpg

So PM me your first, last and email and I'll plug 'em in.

Edited by King Pitcos

They're sent by email. It does specify "United States WWE Network subscribers only. Referred friends must reside in the United States" in the T&Cs but considering everybody who currently signs up or will sign up has to at least pretend to live in the United States, it's an odd thing to include.

Currently getting an error message when it redirects me to PayPal. It succeeded once, and then gave me an error message after redirecting me back so I'm gonna leave it for the night and try again tomorrow. Would PM Pitcos this, but his inbox is full.

Kurt Angle has signed on for the lead role in a pilot called Emergency: LA. He will play LAPD Sgt. Gabe Mandell. The pilot will be shot soon and then taken to networks for a possible pick-up.

Here's a synopsis: "Emergency:LA revolves around the Fictional Emergency services based out of Station 77 of the LA City Fire Department, Downtown LA district of the LAPD and the Emergency Hospital treatment center Trauma One. The series will focus on the day to day activities, rescues, investigations and treatments, that take place in the respective environments as well as the personal lives of the characters that inhabit them."

Former UK wrestling promoter Len Davies (who left wrestling for Hollywood years ago) will write, direct and produce. The pilot will be shot in 4K Ultra High Definition. Katarina Leigh (Winter/Katie Lea Burchill) will also be in the pilot.

- PWInsider

Honestly didn't think we'd hear anything about/from Len again. Good to see.