Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

His three stages of hell match with HHH wasn't that popular was it? I thought it was alright but I'm sure it got a slating.

Am I missing something when it comes to the lack of Huk Hogan on the list? Surely he ticks all the boxes? Fun iconic promos, great worker (and I'm not talking about his Japan stuff), was pretty effective as both a blue eyes and a baddie, what's the justification for him not being on there? I don't buy Kurt Angle on the list of all time greats when that list doesn't include Hogan. Sorry. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Edit: I could possibly see the argument if the list was based on 'great matches' maybe but then the criteria doesn't say that, it says "A wrestler who can work, draw money and talk is a U.S.-style all-rounder by the definition of this article."

Edited by Vamp

• Paid Members
His three stages of hell match with HHH wasn't that popular was it? I thought it was alright but I'm sure it got a slating.

I don't remember that one as well, but now that I really think about, I did nod off during Hell In A Cell at Badd Blood 2004. That match seemed to last for weeks.

Am I missing something when it comes to the lack of Huk Hogan on the list? Surely he ticks all the boxes? Fun iconic promos, great worker (and I'm not talking about his Japan stuff), was pretty effective as both a blue eyes and a baddie, what's the justification for him not being on there? I don't buy Kurt Angle on the list of all time greats when that list doesn't include Hogan. Sorry. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Edit: I could possibly see the argument if the list was based on 'great matches' maybe but then the criteria doesn't say that, it says "A wrestler who can work, draw money and talk is a U.S.-style all-rounder by the definition of this article."

It's just completely arbitrary bullshit anyway, like all of Fin's lists. "Bret couldn't talk or draw money but that don't matter lol he was a great technician!" If you're going to defecate on your own criteria like that, you might as well just not bother. Anyone could make an easy case for The Rock or Hogan over most of the people on it. Neither was the in-ring technician Bret Hart was, but both were far better talkers and infinitely bigger draws. Which is two pieces of the puzzle compared to Bret's one, and thus makes them better all-rounders if Fin's judging it the way he pretends he's judging it.

Getting covered in shit tattoos also ensures that you'll have crap looking action figures forever.

Depends what the tattoo is. Santino's Conan tattoo can't be shown on figures anymore, gets removed from the computer games and posters as well. Punk's got a few like that too. If you stick to only getting rubbish tattoos of copyrighted images, you can keep them off your merchandise!

Edited by King Pitcos

I don't remember that one as well, but now that I really think about, I did nod off during Hell In A Cell at Badd Blood 2004. That match seemed to last for weeks.

Ah the infamous "let's have a long version of a hardcore match in cell for some reason."

I noly remarked on Hogan because I hadn't seen anyone mention it in their comments the list and thought I'd missed something obvious really. I guess most people couldn't be bothered because it was PS.

Edited by Vamp

• Paid Members
Inoly remarked on Hogan because I hadn't seen anyone mention it in their comments the list and thought I'd missed something obvious really. I guess most people couldn't be bothered because it was PS.

Basically. Elsewhere in this month's mag Martin describes the Hogan/Andre matches as "dire" (WMIII) and "abysmal" (The Main Event) and talks about how the Hulk's "formulaic matches were short by main event standards (10-13 minutes)" and as ever gives the bulk of the credit for the quality of the Hogan/Savage WMV main event to Macho. He's happy enough to laud Hogan the showman for his charisma, gravitas, business sense and so on, but Hogan the wrestler? Never.

Inoly remarked on Hogan because I hadn't seen anyone mention it in their comments the list and thought I'd missed something obvious really. I guess most people couldn't be bothered because it was PS.

Basically. Elsewhere in this month's mag Martin describes the Hogan/Andre matches as "dire" (WMIII) and "abysmal" (The Main Event) and talks about how the Hulk's "formulaic matches were short by main event standards (10-13 minutes)" and as ever gives the bulk of the credit for the quality of the Hogan/Savage WMV main event to Macho. He's happy enough to laud Hogan the showman for his charisma, gravitas, business sense and so on, but Hogan the wrestler? Never.

What about Hogan Vs Warrior from WM6? It goes around 25 minutes and, I think, was a very good match. Warrior cannot be getting the credit for that one surely.

Details of Randy Orton's divorce, including monthly salary:

TMZ reports that Randy Orton has gotten divorced from his wife Samantha. They were married back in 2007 but separated back in 2012. A divorce order was just signed last month. Samantha filed for divorce back in March of this year, claiming their marriage is "irretrievably broken." Both Orton and Samantha have came to a separation agreement.

According to documents, Orton will get to keep his 2012 Range Rover, his 2011 Bentley and his 2009 Harley Davidson. Samantha will get to keep her 2013 Infiniti. Orton also gets to keep several six-figure bank accounts, his gun and jewelry collections plus one house. Orton also keeps 100% of all rights, title and interest in his WWE contract. According to the same documents, Orton brings in $291,666 per month from WWE.

Samantha will get to keep a bank account worth $654,317, one house and her jewelry collection, which includes her $99,000 engagement ring and wedding ring. Samantha will receive sole legal and physical custody of their daughter but Orton will get visitation rights. Orton has agreed to pay $4,500 per month in child support.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/TMZ_Re...EVyzk5HXp2p4.99

That won't be downside, if at all accurate that will be the result of someone dividing his yearly figure by 12. I bet he doesn't make that each month, his pay probably spikes around Wrestlemania/Summerslam and when a computer game comes out.

Even away from the main event, he's still a big merch seller and is on every PPV; it's hardly surprising he makes a few quid.

Regarding the Power Slam thing, is he not counting Bret's overseas tours as being a good draw? Plus if Nash was as disastous as he supposedly was then surely Bret was at least a better draw, if not a good draw, from Survivor Series 95 to Mania 12, again that's just guesswork but he must've been some kind of draw

Also, I know there's no way to prove it really but I imagine him and Austin, given they basically had a 5 month build, drew more buys for Mania 13 than the thrown together main event did

• Paid Members

Didn't even know this, but over the last month BG James has become a writer for WWE and is the main wrestling person on the creative team now Michael Hayes has cut back on his schedule. I'm stunned how much power the Road Dogg has gained in the last year. Chuffed as well, obviously. BG is class. Makes you think, if he'd have got clean sooner he'd have been there years earlier. They seem to rate him a lot.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

It's mind boggling how much influence Triple H has attained at the very highest reaches of the company. It's great, too, because he clearly way more in tune with wrestling fans than those same fans would have been comfortable with a few years ago, when they were pretending he was the devil.