Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Well if thats the case, if RVD wins the tag title wouldn't that mean he would be apart of the only team not to get buried then? Getting put in the tag division doesn't automatically mean you are going to get buried. If they want to job you out, they will. Doesn't matter what division they are in.

And RVD has the value of a returning Hacksaw Duggan these days. He's a 40 year old, balding, fat, unmotivated parody of what he was in the 90s who doesn't like to travel and wont give up the pot on the road. What sort of money are you expecting they are hiring him under? He'll probably get a Christian/Booker T deal and do high profile jobs to put younger talent over if he re-signs. He should be doing jobs on TV. RVD was putting people over in 2003 when he was younger and had more star power. Seeing him going over CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and even Prince Albert in 2013 would be sad to see.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I expect he will be doing jobs to younger stars ala' Jericho, but I think you're underestimating his value. He's a much more popular star than Christian or Booker and is likely to sell a lot of merch. He's been a balding, unmotivated pot smoker for years and he still has massive appeal.

With the right partner, I suppose RVD could be decent in the tag division, but what younger talent would he put over then? The Prime Time Players? Being a singles guy lines him up for matches with the likes of Cesaro, Barrett, and Fandango, as well as possible matches with Kofi, Miz etc. I'd like to see it, but then again, I'm a RVD fan (although I've only seen him a couple of times in TNA) and wouldn't be upset if he came back as a main eventer.

• Paid Members
Well if thats the case, if RVD wins the tag title wouldn't that mean he would be apart of the only team not to get buried then? Getting put in the tag division doesn't automatically mean you are going to get buried. If they want to job you out, they will. Doesn't matter what division they are in.

And RVD has the value of a returning Hacksaw Duggan these days. He's a 40 year old, balding, fat, unmotivated parody of what he was in the 90s who doesn't like to travel and wont give up the pot on the road. What sort of money are you expecting they are hiring him under? He'll probably get a Christian/Booker T deal and do high profile jobs to put younger talent over if he re-signs. He should be doing jobs on TV.

If he does come back and is entered in to a tag team, a program is readily available with his ex-tag team champ partner too.

He can't seriously be considered as anything more than fodder, as you say, but without it being pointless and him still being appealing enough to sell shirts, a tag team makes more sense to me at the moment.

Fandango's music is now at #28 in the UK iTunes charts (above Ant & Dec and One Direction) and rising all the time.

The livehits website is reporting that the theme is currently #26 overall in the UK charts, and could get radio airplay/mention on the top 40 chart show on Sunday if it holds up.

Oh yeah, and #FandangoRevolution is currently the #1 worldwide trend on Twitter.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members
Fandango's music is now at #28 in the UK iTunes charts (above Ant & Dec and One Direction) and rising all the time.

The livehits website is reporting that the theme is currently #26 overall in the UK charts, and could get radio airplay/mention on the top 40 chart show on Sunday if it holds up.

Oh yeah, and #FandangoRevolution is currently the #1 worldwide trend on Twitter.

That is superb.

Brilliant stuff even better its all the fans doing, can't imagine hearing it in full on the airwaves haven't listened to the chart since Dr Fox did it, might listen this sunday

Edited by 2Xtreme_lives

• Paid Members

Cult of Personality charted when CM Punk was hot for a while there, too. And WWE PPV themes have occassionally charted following events. Its seems if the internet catch on with something, they will download it and get it to chart during the week. How did Zack Ryder's song do out of interest?

I just look it up on youtube, myself. Paying money for Fandango's theme is a bit much for me. He'd actually have to reference me personally by name in a lyrical version of the song to get me putting my hand in my pocket.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Cult of Personality charted when CM Punk was hot for a while there, too. And WWE PPV themes have occassionally charted following events. Its seems if the internet catch on with something, they will download it and get it to chart during the week. How did Zack Ryder's song do out of interest?

I just look it up on youtube, myself. Paying money for Fandango's theme is a bit much for me. He'd actually have to reference me personally by name in a lyrical version of the song to get me putting my hand in my pocket.

IAN

Aye, it's got a ring to it like

Edited by Kaz Hayashi