Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Was about to come on the post the logo, looks top banana in my view.

Mercedes Benz Superdome is a cool venue from NFL games I have watched taking place in it. Looks almost like a flying saucer from outside from what I can remember.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Alex Shane just posted the following on his Facebook account.

'It's official. British wrestling returns to National television on 31/3/13. After decades of work, the seeds that many people planted with their blood, sweat and cheers (yes, that was on purpose) are starting to blossom. Stay tuned for more information and details coming soon.'

Not too much information given but I would guess that Challenge will air BritWres Fest that was taped last year in London.

I hate the colour purple, so I'm not keen. Is that choice of purple possibly hinting towards something big with Taker, being a colour that's been connected to the character over the years? Has a certain connotations of the eerie, occult and supernatural.

I'd guess the colour scheme is to tie in with the New Orleans theme (as is the detailing on the logo looking similar to the NO Saints logo.)

Alex Shane just posted the following on his Facebook account.

'It's official. British wrestling returns to National television on 31/3/13. After decades of work, the seeds that many people planted with their blood, sweat and cheers (yes, that was on purpose) are starting to blossom. Stay tuned for more information and details coming soon.'

Not too much information given but I would guess that Challenge will air BritWres Fest that was taped last year in London

Not sure if this is related but it probably is. Alex Shane just posted this as well:

"If you are a British wrestling promoter and you have not had an email or Facebook message from me today, please send me a PM with you company details if you've got a moment."

• Paid Members
Must admit, I'm tempted. Never been to a WWE show before

Even a house show? How does that happen? I can't fathom how a wrestling fan around my age would have been to other wrestling shows but never WWE.

Circumstances. My parents would never take me to wrestling shows when growing up (my dad only liked the British stuff), I was never really tempted by house shows, hated the sound of Insurrexion and Rebellion, and fate seemed to time their tapings in the UK to coincide with every financial low point I was ever at. Only time they ever had a UK show that I had money for, the product was so shit I wasn't bothered.

• Paid Members
I went to Insurrextion 2001 (I think) and it was fucking shit so you didn't miss anything.

To be honest, no matter what forum I was on, all Rebellions and Insurrexions sounded like shit. It was made painfully clear we weren't getting WWE's A-game, despite it being filmed for broadcast - basically glorified house shows.

• Paid Members
I hate the colour purple, so I'm not keen. Is that choice of purple possibly hinting towards something big with Taker, being a colour that's been connected to the character over the years? Has a certain connotations of the eerie, occult and supernatural.

I'd guess the colour scheme is to tie in with the New Orleans theme (as is the detailing on the logo looking similar to the NO Saints logo.)

Yeah, purple gold & green are the colours of Mardi Gras. And it's a Louisiana fleur-de-lys in the logo.

• Paid Members

Yeah, purple gold & green are the colours of Mardi Gras. And it's a Louisiana fleur-de-lys in the logo.

Yeah, I figured that was something to do with Louisiana's French colonial past. Very clever.

Circumstances. My parents would never take me to wrestling shows when growing up (my dad only liked the British stuff), I was never really tempted by house shows, hated the sound of Insurrexion and Rebellion, and fate seemed to time their tapings in the UK to coincide with every financial low point I was ever at. Only time they ever had a UK show that I had money for, the product was so shit I wasn't bothered.

I find that so strange. I thought everyone who hit the "ugh, WWE house shows/shitty UK pay-per-views? I'd rather be in BritWres" stage (which requires a certain hardcore level of fandom) had to have first gone through the "WWF ARE COMING OVER? I'M THERE, NO MATTER WHAT!" phase. I can understand it with younger fans, who might have been a victim of the years when they'd only do Rebellion and Insurrexion and had already read too many Powerslams by the time they started touring again. But anyone around my age who was big into wrestling would have surely been to a show either during the Hogan or Hart eras or on the Attitude Adjustment tour, I'd have thought. I might be spoilt on that front by Birmingham getting shows on most of the tours, but not the Hogan one in '93, which I was gutted about.