Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I really feel an aura from Del Rio that he is a dick. Whether he's a really good heel or just is, I have no idea. Not like The Miz where he plays a good villain but then you see him on talk shows and you know he's playing a part. I can just imagine Del Rio being "on" all the time. This is all meant very positively.

anybody remember hhh vs hurricane helms on raw, helms goes over to a young fan and puts the mask on a young kid, flair walks over and rips the mask off the kid and then proceeds to stomp away on the mask as the young kid gets upset and the parents go apeshit on flair

gotta love vintage flair

Edited by buba3d

anybody remember hhh vs hurricane helms on raw, helms goes over to a young fan and puts the mask on a young kid, flair walks over and rips the mask off the kid and then proceeds to stomp away on the mask as the young kid gets upset and the parents go apeshit on flair

gotta love vintage flair

A plant surely? Because actually having a wrestler physically rip a mask off of a fan is defenitely crossing that line (IMO).

Just watched that youtube vid. Got to say, HHH really was the king of putting underdogs over wasn't he. Taka, Y2J, Holly, Hurricane, Rikishi, Shelton. All great matches. Granted he won most of them, but anyone who can make you think that Hardcore Holly is going to win the WWE title on Sunday Night Heat is class in my book.

Just watched that youtube vid. Got to say, HHH really was the king of putting underdogs over wasn't he. Taka, Y2J, Holly, Hurricane, Rikishi, Shelton. All great matches. Granted he won most of them, but anyone who can make you think that Hardcore Holly is going to win the WWE title on Sunday Night Heat is class in my book.

It's was non title. :p

But yes I wholeheartedly agree with you. I specifically remember that Heat match very friendly.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members

It's was non title. :p

But yes I wholeheartedly agree with you. I specifically remember that Heat match very friendly.

IIRC he had a cracking title match with Maven on raw, that made Maven look like a million dollars. Shame it didn't work out to well after that for him, but otherwise a good match!

He was also very capable of making someone look like shit though. He did it with Steiner, with Booker T, and with Orton a few times. He's that good I guess - he can either make you look like a star or like a chump, depending on his mood.

He was also very capable of making someone look like shit though. He did it with Steiner, with Booker T, and with Orton a few times. He's that good I guess - he can either make you look like a star or like a chump, depending on his mood.

...and Chris Jericho. Though the Raw where Jericho 'won' the title he did make him look a million bucks.

• Paid Members

Back in the day it often seemed like someone who could have been a threat to his position Triple H often would made them look like shit, but someone who is clearly no threat like Shelton, Hurricane or Holly he would make them look like a million dollars.

• Paid Members

--There was an incident at a wrestling convention in the Northeast today. Not sure what led to it, but Harley Race, 69, punched Vader in the face. The reports were that Vader was being belligerent. Vader went to hit Race, who needs a motorized cart to get around. One of the sponsors got in between them and Vader accidentally hit him and hurt him. Race and Vader ended up in the hallway discussing whatever their problem was.

What the fuck is up with wrestlers this week? Arrests, sex tapes, wrestlers twatting fans and now this?

He made Jeff Hardy look like a star when they clashed in 2001, I think it was. He did make Tazz look like a chump the year before, though.

Sorry to be pedantic but he did anything but make Jeff Hardy look a star in 2001, he twatted him non stop until Matt Hardy helped Jeff win the IC title then absolutely massacred him in the rematch, plus he annihilated Jericho to win the belt in the first place, he definitely wanted people to forget about that loss to Taker at Mania 17

• Paid Members

Well after the match I took Jeff a lot more seriously and thought he was a much bigger deal after that, so the rub done something right, certainly from my perspective. Even after he lost the belt back to Triple H, I'd argue that after his couple of matches with Triple H, his status was higher because of this.