Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Wasn't it just a case where the WWF only allowed you to work dates for their pals like Smokey Mountain or the USWA and the like or where they would send Vader and Shamrock over to FMW while trying to make friends with them. I dont think it was a case where they could fit their schedule around their WWF dates. I remember Scott Hall asking the WWF to allow him to work dates in Japan and other places in 1996 to supplement his earnings and they wouldnt let him. Unsure of the details, but that sounds like it. WWF was still super strict in 95 about their wrestlers working other dates.

On a side note, the WWF let a lot of their talent work Indy dates in 2001. Mostly WCW wrestlers who they hadnt a clue what to do with.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Al Snow and Coach did a bunch of indie dates around 02/03 time, although the rules are probably (especially for Lawler) more lenient towards commentators.

Yeah, they've always allowed commentators, agents and office staff to do indie dates I think. But at some point, they put a lockdown on full-time talent booking their own gigs on days off.

You can mention that they are formerly known as such-and-such, can't you? That's not against the rules to my knowledge

Which begs the question of why he wouldn't mention it for the two biggest names.

I've seen the commercial for the show, and the show poster, and Edge is the centerpiece for that. It lists him as Adam Copeland FKA EDGE. Agreed that the actual press release is a bit shitty tho.

Don't rate Tommy Dreamer as a promoter at all, but we'll see what happens here. The roster looks good to me, the fucking Steiner Brothers are on it, so it could be good imo.

Don't know why I posted this in the Raw thread instead of here but here it is again.

Bryan and Kane have a great new t-shirt out. Team 'Hell No' are looking to be a attraction who are here to stay for a while, dominating Smackdown shows and mixing it up in the main events on Raw, the pair have found their calling together.

New 'Hell No' T-shirt

• Paid Members

Sadly, WWE are burning through this Team Hell No storyline at a rate even Vince Russo might find excessive - but when you've got 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown... That t-shirt needs to feature in some sort of skit, can't see my man D Bryan being happy about being a goat teddy.

I can understand them being used throughout Smackdown, whether it be two singles matches and a bunch of backstage skits but I don't really watch SD all too often so I'm happy with seeing them used a reasonable amount on Raw. I think the key to enjoying WWE is to not watch Smackdown.

I can understand them being used throughout Smackdown, whether it be two singles matches and a bunch of backstage skits but I don't really watch SD all too often so I'm happy with seeing them used a reasonable amount on Raw. I think the key to enjoying WWE is to not watch Smackdown.

The key is to watch everything, but to either do it via Youtube or Sky+. You'll likely get a good couple of hours viewing a week.

• Paid Members

I watched Smackdown for the first time in yonks last week. I was surprised to see the Bryan/Kane diner skits replayed in full.

I really wish they'd keep the two champions on separate shows. having two guys walking around on the same show caliming to be the Champion but hardly ever acknowledging the other is just odd.