Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

And now we have women's action....HLA...HOT LESBIAN ACTION!"

Yeah I can see this going super well. On the other hand using someone in the public eye like Young as part of PSA and going into schools could be a great thing, there has to be a part of their target audience going through the struggles of LGBT, seeing that even the most "masculine" of shows is promoting equality could do great things for some teens self esteem, 

“Darren Young was the first WWE superstar to really come out as being homosexual, but his character in the show is not. At least, we haven’t done anything with it either way — just yet.”

That was Stephanie McMahon, just over a year ago, at the 2015 ESPYs.

It sounds like a fucking terrible idea, because it can only go one of two ways. Either they just have characters there and go "he's gay, oh well" and never use it as a gimmick, rendering it pointless lip service to presenting LGBT characters... Or they use the gayness as a gimmick or character trait, which is bound to alienate either the virtue signallers or the rednecks depending how it's done.

On the bright side, the more characters the better.

• Paid Members

“Darren Young was the first WWE superstar to really come out as being homosexual, but his character in the show is not. At least, we haven’t done anything with it either way — just yet.”

That was Stephanie McMahon, just over a year ago, at the 2015 ESPYs.

I remember during the last Prime Time Players run, when they were doing promos backstage every week, Darren had a throwaway line along the lines of "rainbow is my favourite colour". So it's been referenced on TV at least once.

As per the Observer:

Vince McMahon has not been at television the past two weeks. Nobody seems to have an answer as to why, but we were told he’s also not expected at TV next week either and won’t be there until SummerSlam. He is in communication with everyone and the last two weeks was on the phone during the production meeting and micro-managed every single detail of Raw and Smackdown all day long

Could be anything but it's mental how long in the tooth he is now. And has been for awhile. Can see him stepping down even more after WrestleMania, really. The idea of him still micro managing every segment is hillarious though. I really hope they have a stand in 'Vince' like George's surrogate in Arrested Development because that's exactly how I imagine the meetings.

So, to recap:

- WWE plans to introduce a transgender character to its storylines.

- Vince McMahon mysteriously begins running things remotely for a while from a private location.

• Paid Members

It's absolutely incredible that after thirty years, he still micro manages to this extent and has the overall say on seemingly every single thing. You could have the most 'on the pulse' producers and writers at your disposal, yet it may not make much of a difference. Who knows, he may just nod along with all the ideas run past him, but I bet he still calls all the shots. Madness.

Are there any transgender wrestlers?

I know there are the Mexican Exoticos who are gay.... isn't there a Swedish female wrestler who was born a man?

Definitely wanna hear if there is. i'd love to wrestle at any level tbh, I'm always coming up with ideas and stuff and would love to know what I'm capable of, but it feels like a massive non-starter and not worth the cost of training being trans and everything, I wouldn't want that alone to be my character, and it's difficult to be like "I'm x but primarily I'm like this" when it's as noteworthy as being trans. Then you'll have folk who'll never take to you no matter what you ever do, debates about who you're 'allowed' to fight etc.

I dare say though that the T in LGBT in this situation may as well be replaced by a full-stop, as often seems the case when people talk about LGBT things

Are there any transgender wrestlers?

I know there are the Mexican Exoticos who are gay.... isn't there a Swedish female wrestler who was born a man?

Definitely wanna hear if there is. i'd love to wrestle at any level tbh, I'm always coming up with ideas and stuff and would love to know what I'm capable of, but it feels like a massive non-starter and not worth the cost of training being trans and everything, I wouldn't want that alone to be my character, and it's difficult to be like "I'm x but primarily I'm like this" when it's as noteworthy as being trans. Then you'll have folk who'll never take to you no matter what you ever do, debates about who you're 'allowed' to fight etc.

I dare say though that the T in LGBT in this situation may as well be replaced by a full-stop, as often seems the case when people talk about LGBT things

Finnish wrestler, almost right - Jessica Love.

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_Love

Although she is trans-sexual, which is different isnt it? Pardon my ignorance.

Mind me asking if your a Transgender male or female? For no other purpose than to out it in the correct context of the situation. Personally, I don't see if being that much of an issue on the British scene. Most training schools (quite rightly) wouldn't treat you any different.

Edit:

or I could have just checked you profile I suppose :/

Edited by PSF