Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Fair play to Young for standing up for his views, but I wonder if he voiced his concerns to management but going to Twitter. I'm sure if I projected a negative image toward my company in such a public manor without speaking with my bosses in the first instance, then i'm sure I wouldn't be required to turn up on Monday. If the WWE had done something wrong, then fair play, but lets just remember, however morally incorrect it could be, the business is not actually doing anything they shouldn't.

Darren Young isn't injured anymore? I'm suprised he hasn't been on TV then. Blokes like Darren Young and Zack Ryder who are never on TV, do they just do dark matches and house shows or something? Or do they turn up at Raw/SD each week and then get sent home? I remember Brian Kendrick saying he'd go to house shows, they'd be nothing for him, he'd still get paid $500 though for doing nothing and he'd move on to the next town. Was it ever revealed what the fuck JTG was up to for the past few years for example?

Darren Young was in the ring during an "Authority addresses the roster" speech or something recently. He was quite prominent on camera. I think he's at all the TVs but doesn't get used for much. He's been back doing house shows for a month or two now.

• Moderators

Fair play to Young for his comments, fair play to WWE for the way they have handled it. They haven't censured or censored him.

Yes, they could make a stand and refuse to tour there which would be great. But at the same time I don't think you can fault them for not doing so. Until the international community as a whole condemns this backwards bollocks instead of kissing their limp dicks for oil I don't think WWE have any moral obligation as a company to stick their neck out and lose a lot of money when this isn't their fight.

They have supported their employee and that is decent enough.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Fair play to Young for his comments, fair play to WWE for the way they have handled it. They haven't censured or censored him.

Yes, they could make a stand and refuse to tour there which would be great. But at the same time I don't think you can fault them for not doing so. Until the international community as a whole condemns this backwards bollocks instead of kissing their limp dicks for oil I don't think WWE have any moral obligation as a company to stick their neck out and lose a lot of money when this isn't their fight.

They have supported their employee and that is decent enough.

Valid post up until this. Let's not make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Bret Hart had an interview recently and had this to say about John Cena...

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0205/589228/bret-hart-talks-knocking-out-vince/

I have nothing but respect for John Cena and his work rate. He's one of the hardest working wrestlers there ever was. He's been a great champion, an inspiring role model. It's not easy being John Cena and carrying all the weight of the company on your back all the time. What he's done with Make-A-Wish kids, and kids in general, kids in general around the world. People don't understand sometimes what it's like to be John Cena, to understand how much pressure is on him everyday to do the right things and to always be the class champion that he's been. He's a tireless champion that gives 100% every night... He could do a little bit better with some of his technical moves sometimes, but I think in the long and short of it, I think John Cena's established himself to be maybe one of the greatest wrestlers that ever lived. I think he's an amazing wrestler.

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by Glen Quagmire

Yeah Cena is great. Most of the things people hate him for...the superman comeback, no selling title losses, laughing and giggling when his family gets murdered or the terrible content of his promos...they're all things he is told to do, rather than things John chooses to do himself. I've always viewed the fans booing him as more the fans booing the company. Just like with big Dave and Reigns. I don't really believe fans dislike either of them.

Well he pushed to kill Nexus stone dead at Summerslam '10 so I'd say he has his flaws, never been a Cena fan (of the character, his matches have always been good) since his face turn but that feud with Barrett is one of the worst feuds ever and his promos/non match segments have pretty much been fast forward material ever since

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman

• Awards Moderator

I wonder, if the Nexus hadn't been so short-lived, whether we'd have seen The Shield two years later - or at all. Group of new young guys turning up unexpectedly, laying waste to everyone, taking over... I'd have much rather had Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins in 2012/2013 doing that, and have the Nexus killed in a few months, than Barrett and co going strong for ages as a group and missing out on The Shield. But that's just hindsight talking - unless they had it all planned out years beforehand!

EDIT: and that's a load of rubbish about Cena's promos. For just one example, his one before TLC 2013 was superb.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator