Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

There are still luddites who need an official launch in their country, but as it stands, about a fifth of the "American" membership comes from abroad. Unless WWE has wildly underestimated the international fanbase, they're a bit fucked, numbers-wise.

• Paid Members

Add me to the 'I'll get it when it's launched properly because I can't be bothered with unlock bollocks' list. If it's under a tenner and I can watch it on Android devices and somehow on my telly, I'm sold.

• Paid Members
There are still luddites who need an official launch in their country, but as it stands, about a fifth of the "American" membership comes from abroad. Unless WWE has wildly underestimated the international fanbase, they're a bit fucked, numbers-wise.

Absolutely. It means they aren't as popular as they think they are in their own country, and don't have the amount of potential opening international subscription base as they think either.

'Hardcores' will always be ahead of the curve and willing to be the first to try something new ahead of the general population, so will naturally make up those 'day one' sign-ups. They just don't seem to realise they won't have the level of day-one sign-ups they think they will...

Her defence is she bought a load of stuff at the checkout and simply forgot to pass it through. It seems rather plausible if a somewhat 'blonde' thing to do. She tweeted a few days ago that she'd just bought a new iPod as well.

She's been convicted and been sentenced to ONE days' community service, basically a slap on the wrist.

The latest scuttle buttle is that WWE really aren't that bothered. They believe her story that it was a genuine error and she's probably not getting sacked or anything.

Let's face it, people have been arrested and charged with DUIs in the past and still kept their WWE jobs, so it's not like she committed a heinous crime.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Jack Swagger still got his Wrestlemania main event after his little pot adventure. What are they going to do, have her dance around like an idiot and do bad comedy bits with Santi- oh wait.

I doubt Emma's pay is so low that she'd feel the need to steal an iPod case. To sum up my reaction in one word...

polls_red_dumbass_2535_577000_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

How can you possibly know it's a fifth?

• Paid Members

It's an estimate, based on the respective declines in traditional PPV buys in the US and overseas for WrestleMania and Extreme Rules. Its based on the idea that once you account for general declines in interest, the US buys should be down way more than non-US because of people getting the network instead. In fact that's not the case.

Mookieghana crunches the numbers for WrestleMania. The Extreme Rules numbers were fairly consistent with the pattern.

Edited by JNLister

So, when the Network launches over here, could those of us who have tinkered with our settings just continue with our American subscription, but use the 'UK' App? Because, that could be a issue for WWE. The Network comes to about

• Paid Members

How much does unlock US or equivalent cost per month? Throw that on top of the US subscription price for those that wouldn't have unblock anyway and the pricing might not be any different.

How much does unlock US or equivalent cost per month? Throw that on top of the US subscription price for those that wouldn't have unblock anyway and the pricing might not be any different.

You don't need UnblockUS. Hola Unblocker is free and it works fine.

• Paid Members

I swear TNA NEED to bring in Emma, JTG and Shad as a Cryme Tyme-esque gimmick for their next set of tapings. Especially since its their last scheduled tapings of the current Spike deal. If Spike dont renew with them, have Emma and Cryme Tyme end the final ever Impact just taking anything that isn't nailed down. The monitors, microphones, Zima Ion's laptop.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay