Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Hector Solano, 43, better known as Hector Garza, is battling what is said to be a very serious case of lung cancer.

Garza, who has worked for WWF, WCW and TNA over the past 15 years, has been a main eventer almost since his pro debut in 1992 as a second generation star out of Monterrey. Over that period he headlined major shows for both CMLL and AAA, generally being one of top stars for either promotion.

He will be getting chemotherapy treatment at the present time and will be unable to wrestle for the time being.

We wish the best of luck to Garza, who among other things, was best known as the man who put the corkscrew plancha on the map, and was for years the No. 2 man in the Perros Del Mal stable.

Gutting. I loved me some Hector Garza. His run in TNA in 2004 or 5 when he was rubbing shoulders with Scott Hall was absolutely tremendous!

I remember Garza from one or two matches in the WWF in 1996/1997 as part of the AAA agreement.

Most of the AAA guys they used were either total spot artists or washed up but Garza stood out as really good from what I remember.

Room sale on for Hilton hotels today only. http://www3.hilton.com/en/offers/100037123.htm

Ideal if there's any UK shows or last minute decision to stay in style during the November WWE tour.

Edited by dangerously420

He's one of those "what happened to in TNA" guys for me - was clearly brilliant and in the middle of a major face push, on the cusp of main eventer and then he suddenly disappeared. I seem to remember he got busted with some grass or something coming over from Mexico. I guess that was probably his last chance at US success. Pity.

Yeah, you're spot on Loki - drug bust at the border and he never came back.

I think it was even on the morning of a TNA PPV he had a pretty major role in.

Garza was supposed to wrestle Scott Hall with Roddy Piper as a guest referee. Jeff Hardy ended up wrestling Hall on the PPV instead. Shame. Garza was a roll back then. He had just beat TNA's golden boy AJ Styles, almost beat Jarrett in a Title match and was probably about to go over Hall. Of all the singles latino guys TNA have tried pushing over the years (Apolo, Shocker, Mesias, Hernandez, etc.) Garza was the best, IMO.

Edited by pgi86

Garza was supposed to wrestle Scott Hall with Roddy Piper a guest referee. Jeff Hardy ended up wrestling Hall on the PPV instead. Shame. Garza was a roll back then. He had just beat TNA's golden boy AJ Styles, almost beat Jarrett in a Title match and was probably about to go over Hall. Of all the singles latino guys TNA have tried pushing over the years (Apolo, Shocker, Mesias, Hernandez, etc.) Garza was the best, IMO.

Didn't Garza have VISA issues during his run with TNA?

Garza was supposed to wrestle Scott Hall with Roddy Piper a guest referee. Jeff Hardy ended up wrestling Hall on the PPV instead. Shame. Garza was a roll back then. He had just beat TNA's golden boy AJ Styles, almost beat Jarrett in a Title match and was probably about to go over Hall. Of all the singles latino guys TNA have tried pushing over the years (Apolo, Shocker, Mesias, Hernandez, etc.) Garza was the best, IMO.

Didn't Garza have VISA issues during his run with TNA?

The drug bust is what got him those visa issues. :)

I always remember that battle royal they had in TNA with Garaza winning it. La Parka was there as well. There was a load of old and new names in that battle royal. A really fun match.

Yeah that was the very first TNA PPV (3 hour) match. I catch it again once and a while, it's fantastic!

Frankie Kazarian

Sonjay Dutt

Puma (TJ)

L.A. Park (La Parka Original)

Jerelle Clark

Kazushi Miyamoto

Michael Shane

Hector Garza

Nosawa Rongai

Mikey Batts

Alex Shelley

Matt Sydal