Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Courtesy of lordsofpain.net.....

Former WWE performer Maven Huffman was arrested in Florida on Monday on charges of doctor shopping (using multiple doctors) to obtain prescriptions to controlled substances. This practice is against state law.

Authorities allege that Huffman was using three Florida doctors to obtain prescriptions to Oxycodone and Hydrocone, drawing an estimated 1,000 pills.

Huffman, who is 35 years old, was released on $2,000 bond. He faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted of doctor shopping.

Huffman competed on the first season of WWE's Tough Enough reality series, which he co-won with Nidia Guenard. He competed for the organization from 2001 to 2005, which included three reigns as Hardcore Champion. Following his departure from WWE, he became a guest expert on the Home Shopping Network.

TNA have signed a new 2-year deal with Spike TV. Good for them.

I'd say that's pretty important news really, if it's accurate.

It means that we get another 2 years of Impact at least, which is very encouraging. With WWE looking to get their Network going and all that stuff, it's good that TNA are (more than likely) safe for another 2 years. If the network bailed on either WWE or TNA it would be serious problems, especially for TNA. They may not be WCW but some (shitty) competition is far better than none.

That's pretty good news. Even though I never watch TNA anymore, I'm always willing to dip my toe back in the water to see if it's right for me again. It's nice to have it there just in case they ever decide to put some good stuff out. Then again, a raid of the roster would have meant Jeff Hardy and Beer Money would most likely have been picked up by the WWE.

Rumours are going around that the Bella Twins are leaving soon

WWE Divas Brie and Nikki Bella, real names Brianna and Nicole Garcia, seem to be on their way out of the company.

The pair are being billed as former WWE stars for an autograph session at Frank and Sons in California on May 19th, according to the Wrestling Observer. The autograph session is being handled by American Icon Autographs.

Speaking to Diva Dirt in a phone conversation, American Icon Autographs president Sean Jacoby claims that the twins

• Paid Members
Rumours are going around that the Bella Twins are leaving soon

WWE Divas Brie and Nikki Bella, real names Brianna and Nicole Garcia, seem to be on their way out of the company.

The pair are being billed as former WWE stars for an autograph session at Frank and Sons in California on May 19th, according to the Wrestling Observer. The autograph session is being handled by American Icon Autographs.

Speaking to Diva Dirt in a phone conversation, American Icon Autographs president Sean Jacoby claims that the twins