GTAV

Astro Hollywood

I don't like games where it's possible to lose progress when if you have to quit out. I don't think it autosaves before it throws you into a mission, so if you get sucked into one against your will (which happens) you either have to finish the mission or just turn the console off and lose your progress.

Games with no Quit always freak me out. There's literally no quit function, no front end to the game. You're in the game or you're using the big xbox button to force out unsaved back to the dashboard.

The sound is pretty poor, particularly the car engines, which is a pity. All the stuff like radios and that is great, but guns are a bit weak and driving and crashing sounds a bit bland.

Other than that, taking my dev hat off, enjoying it so far. I think I'll rattle through the singleplayer mission, I always get too sidetracked in these games and then lose interest.

• Paid Members

My big problem with these games is they build so much world that serves no purpose, just huge huge buildings you can't enter or do anything with. I don't expect to be able to go into all the individual houses or anything mental but theres huge stretches of City with nothing to do in it.

Played last night for about 3-4 hours, thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

Favourite moment so far was outside of the missions as I didnt spend much time with those. Was driving around and spotted the golf course so drove up to it, parked up and found a golf club which could be used as a weapon. Picked it up and took a swing at someone, everyone fled the scene and someone called the police. 3-4 police cars turned up and blocked off my path to the car park so my only option was to either run or attempt a getaway in a golf buggy which led to me being chased up and down the golf course before eventually being flung out of it when they crashed into me. Had barely any health left but somehow managed to get to a vehicle and drive away. Fun times :)

• Paid Members

Somebody chased me because I kicked their house. A passer-by who was waiting at a pedestrian crossing was telling her friend over the phone that she had to fuck someone to get an audition. It's little things like this that make you realise how much life they've put into this city, it's remarkable.

• Paid Members

I'm thinking of getting this, even though I've never properly played any of the previous GTA's. Will I be able to get into it? Is there enough training at the start of the game to help me get to grips with it, or does it rely on you having previous GTA knowledge?

I'm thinking of getting this, even though I've never properly played any of the previous GTA's. Will I be able to get into it? Is there enough training at the start of the game to help me get to grips with it, or does it rely on you having previous GTA knowledge?

No previous knowledge required as the games are not actually linked together. There is a tutorial type mission at the start to get you used to using weapons, driving and swapping cars and throughout the game small prompts appear telling you how to do certain things when you are by them.