WWE UK Tour Signings November.

Prodigy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got back from the CM Punk signing at Harrods. It was incredibly rushed and no pictures were allowed. I was the 45th person in the queue and I was out of the shop by 11:15 (signing started at 11).

Was he grumpy

He was alright. Not grumpy but not overly chatty either. He liked my ROH DVD that I got signed.

I found him to be as pleasant and friendly as any WWE superstar that I've met under similar circumstances.

It's all about demand really. I've had a longer and more in-depth conversation with others, but that's been wrestlers lower down the card that have less people turn up to see them.

It's just the way things work with store signings. It's not exclusive to wrestlers. Music and TV ones are rushed too if it's busy.

It's maybe worth remembering that wrestlers are actually people as well. Are you bright & chatty with everyone when you're at work? I know I'm not.

There'll be days where they're beaten up, gotten a shit sleep the night before and are jetlagged etc and simply can't be arsed being there. At the end of the day though, you got your signature and a chance to see them in person.

You're promised nothing else at these events.

That's definitely how I think when going into these things.

I've read so many people expecting great conversations and whatever else with their favourite superstars but it's not like you're getting personal 1 on 1 time or anything.

It's nice if they're friendly, if they ask how you are etc, if they comment on what you're getting signed or whatever else, but in the end they are organised SIGNINGS.

• Paid Members

I said this a few months ago, about when we met Bret Hart. People were saying "he's a bit miserable", but what the fuck were people expecting? To bring Bruce and Keith and everyone in the Metro Centre to do the Hokey Cokey with him in the middle of the shopping centre? He seemed a nice soft spoken bloke.

When Bret did a signing in the interval at a WWA show years back, out on a table near the merchandise stands, he said he wanted to get through as many people as possible. Yes, we didn't get much time with him, but he signed longer than he was meant to and that meant I got to meet him. It's stuff like that that makes a guy nice, rather than spending 15 mins talking to someone in front of you and then you get screwed.

The only thing I would say was it was sad to see mums & dads turning up early enough to try and get tickets for their young children to be told there weren't any left. Then when you look around the queue there were dozens of 'overgrown kids' (see 'young adults' mainly males) with their title belts, trading card books and such like but no kids with them. I realise we're all fans but I was just a little frustrated as that could have been MY boys missing out as a result.

This comment sucks, lots of the kids going to these signings will probably have moved on to another interest in a few years. The 'overgrown kids' have been wrestling fans for years and have every right to queue up and meet the wrestlers.

The last time I was at a WWE event I paid for front row, there were loads of kids who were not front row trying to barge to the front with pushy parents pushing them forward. The majority of people felt sorry for the kids and let them take their front row position. The kids behind me were dissappointed as I thought fuck you, if your parents want you to be front row buy the fucking tickets or fuck off.

if your parents want you to be front row buy the fucking tickets or fuck off.

couldnt agree more, i wont lie i feel a bit harsh, but if your going with a child, front row or tiered seats, most events you have to pay extra for front row, we dont pay that extra to have a kod barge through!

The only thing I would say was it was sad to see mums & dads turning up early enough to try and get tickets for their young children to be told there weren't any left. Then when you look around the queue there were dozens of 'overgrown kids' (see 'young adults' mainly males) with their title belts, trading card books and such like but no kids with them. I realise we're all fans but I was just a little frustrated as that could have been MY boys missing out as a result.

This comment sucks, lots of the kids going to these signings will probably have moved on to another interest in a few years. The 'overgrown kids' have been wrestling fans for years and have every right to queue up and meet the wrestlers.

The last time I was at a WWE event I paid for front row, there were loads of kids who were not front row trying to barge to the front with pushy parents pushing them forward. The majority of people felt sorry for the kids and let them take their front row position. The kids behind me were dissappointed as I thought fuck you, if your parents want you to be front row buy the fucking tickets or fuck off.

I see your point. I'm not putting people down for being fans....hey, aren't we all? I'm not embarrassed to call myself a fan still even though I'm now grown up (allegedly) with a child of my own. I just think it's a shame if kids miss out full stop and that was something that stood out for me.

I suppose I'm trying to avoid getting into the whole 'mark' or 'fanboy/girl' debate as they make up a large part of any wrestling audience.

As for the seating, we had Row P of the upper tier at Sheffield opposite the entrance way and the boys loved it. They could see everything and even though they knew they wouldn't get a hand slap or a close up photo they were more than happy. I wouldn't book floor seats with kids unless they were front & centre.

Went to the CM Punk signing at Harrods today. We were quite close to the front and were told straight away that there were to be no photos taken and you could only get one piece signed per person so that was dissapointing. It was very rushed but Punk was kind enough and polite to everyone. It was limited to 400 people and when the signing started at 11am, there wasn't even 200 in the queue. Had a good time but a lot of people left annoyed/disappointed because you couldn't get photos (not even in the queue)

Archived