WWE UK Tour Signings November.

Prodigy

Great to meet Punk, Had a good brief chat with Punk around MMA, he was picking Cain to win last night's UFC title match and picked Overeem to beast Lesnar next month,

The Harrods staff were the ultimate 'Heels' after the Harrods staff told everyone in the queue no photos, they at the end took lots of photos with CM Punk, while the customers looked on and booed, you couldn't make this stuff up! Punk saw the 400 people in one hour that's 9 seconds a fan!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also at the Punk Signing, and have to say he was fine with us. Just the security and staff were SO rude!! Proper up their own arses... Don't wear your bag on your back, don't take photos beyond this point, dont stand there and take photos, keep walking etc. Fuckers

Also, another thing which I thought was stupid.. It was a CM Punk signing, and there wasn't a single piece of CM Punk merchandise there to buy!! Rey/Cena/Del Rio etc figures, no Punk. So in the end I bought a World Title belt (

I was also at the Punk Signing, and have to say he was fine with us. Just the security and staff were SO rude!! Proper up their own arses... Don't wear your bag on your back, don't take photos beyond this point, dont stand there and take photos, keep walking etc. Fuckers

Also, another thing which I thought was stupid.. It was a CM Punk signing, and there wasn't a single piece of CM Punk merchandise there to buy!! Rey/Cena/Del Rio etc figures, no Punk. So in the end I bought a World Title belt (

The backpack thing is part of their dress code, that's for everyone. Sounds like they were dicks in general, mind you, but that one bit's a blanket rule.

• Paid Members
The Harrods staff were the ultimate 'Heels' after the Harrods staff told everyone in the queue no photos, they at the end took lots of photos with CM Punk, while the customers looked on and booed, you couldn't make this stuff up! Punk saw the 400 people in one hour that's 9 seconds a fan!

That's pretty harsh. He could've got infinite hero points if he told the staff to fuck off.

after reading everything on here I'm glad after seeing the Que at harrods i decided not to wait to meet punk i met him a few years back and he was less than pleasant to not only me but many fans and this was at an organised signing for which i had Que'd well over 2 hrs good job layla was there too she was a real sweetheart and made up for it i met foley at the London show and he was a true gent so missing punk was no big deal

I went to take my merchandise back (2 action figures) and they would only let me have store credit. There was a line of people after me wanting refunds for their items and different staff members said different things - some got store credit and some could only exchange it for other wwe merch and some not at all. It as pretty disgraceful really.

No, conning your way into the signing with the scummer-refund trick is pretty disgraceful really.

No, conning your way into the signing with the scummer-refund trick is pretty disgraceful really.

Indeed.

I don't see what the issue is. The venue is promising you a signature on an item that you must purchase from their store. Anything else above & beyond that is a bonus (photos, signatures on other items, conversations etc).

If you're not going to get an item from their store signed then where do they actually benefit from staging the signing?

I went to take my merchandise back (2 action figures) and they would only let me have store credit. There was a line of people after me wanting refunds for their items and different staff members said different things - some got store credit and some could only exchange it for other wwe merch and some not at all. It as pretty disgraceful really.

Totally in agreement!!! Most people there probably don't even shop in Harrods, therefore store credit is useless!

and that brings me on to my next point!

It's not necessarily that I had a problem with buying something. It's the fact that they didn't have a single piece of CM Punk merchandise to buy. So I don't see why I should be lumbered with a belt when they could have made more of an effort to actually get stuff. They knew they had Punk coming in. They knew 400 people were there to get autographs. You buy 400 CM Punk figures and say to people that they need to buy that and get it signed. Not offer Alberto Del Rio/John Cena/Rey Mysterio etc. Figures (which were the cheapest things) Or even when WWE ask for the booking, ask them to supply 400 8x10 photos, and to be honest even at

Totally in agreement!!! Most people there probably don't even shop in Harrods, therefore store credit is useless!

and that brings me on to my next point!

It's not necessarily that I had a problem with buying something. It's the fact that they didn't have a single piece of CM Punk merchandise to buy. So I don't see why I should be lumbered with a belt when they could have made more of an effort to actually get stuff. They knew they had Punk coming in. They knew 400 people were there to get autographs. You buy 400 CM Punk figures and say to people that they need to buy that and get it signed. Not offer Alberto Del Rio/John Cena/Rey Mysterio etc. Figures (which were the cheapest things) Or even when WWE ask for the booking, ask them to supply 400 8x10 photos, and to be honest even at

It's not 'conning our way into the signing with any trick' it's principle.

Yes, the principle that you wanted to fuck the shop over. If everyone did this, shops would stop bothering with signings and you'd have to hang around the airports and hotels for your autographs.

No, it's not 'fucking the shop over' at all, cause that would have meant I went in there planning to do that all along. I understood it as you buy Punk merch you get it signed, simple as that. They didn't have A SINGLE PIECE of CM Punk merch so thats why so many people complained/tried getting refunds nothing at all about fucking over the store. Plus it was only when you get to the front of the line they said you can get anything you wanted signed.

Now what you say here David is 'a signature on an item you purchase from their store' Would you really ask/expect CM Punk to sign figures of Alberto Del Rio and John Cena? I doubt you would to be prefectly honest. Hence why I didnt buy a figure. Instead because of THEM not buying the Punk ones to sell I had to pay double for something that is now of no use to me whatsoever.

If the store had nothing Punk-related for the signing then I agree with you. It's incredibly foolish of them to have the guy in for a signing and not stock any of his merch.

Archived