WWE UK Tour Signings November.

Prodigy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it does but i'm hoping it was like last year when they said the exact same damn thing, then i wander into the que late on in and get told actually John Morrison is still signing and no you don't need to buy anything, can i take pictures? Well John's been taking pictures with everyone so far so you just need to ask him.

I'll go tomorrow and get my 50p packet of stickers or cards or whatever they are and i will go to the signing. And for the other person in the last page, i'm pretty sure it is WWE that approaches them, not the other way around. What this shop is trying to do is take advantage of me and my good nature by taking my hard earned money out of my wallet just so i can see The Miz and R Truth. The shop doesn't pay for them to be there, if they weren't there they would be at HMV or Waterstones or somewhere else signing autographs. The shop should certainly have a lot of WWE stock in like action figures and posters so that fans can be enticed to buy something on the spur of the moment. They could have big displays of WWE merchandise hoping fans could buy something on the way in but to make it a requirement that you need to buy something and then say.....and this is the good part............you might not even get in without a ticket! And do you know how you get a ticket? You stand in line and then they give you a ticket. So all you suckers that ran away down there yesterday and today buying stuff and keeping your reciepts all neat and tidy in your purses thinking you're gonna meet Miz and R Truth are in for a big surprise cause you ain't getting in unless you got a ticket and you don't go and collect a ticket oh no. They will HAND THEM OUT when they see the line is big enough for them. And according to them they got fans talking about being at the building from 10am and the arena is at the backend of the shopping mall so you'll have all sorts wandering around, even people that ain't going to the show, oh i'll go and meet Miz and R Truth, i've got my dole money i'll head on in and get myself an autograph! And then another thing is that it starts at 4pm so all the kids that wanna go need to leave school immediately just to go stand in the damn que and the parents are like some of you, they got their reciepts, they think they're the bees knees and then they go and see a big line a mile long cause the shop is in the middle of a shopping centre, the arena is at the backend so it's swarming with fans all day anyway, therefore your good intentions are out the window, your hard efforts to go and buy something and follow their rules means nothing because everyone else, most likely a bunch of people from the local McDonalds that have been there all day anyway just trying their best to get through the day cause they don't work have all went in and got tickets to meet them!

And my point is they should have just said, we got 400 tickets, come buy something from the store and we will give you a ticket and that means you will definately get to meet the wrestlers. Not come to our store and buy something then if you're lucky enough, which you probably wont be, we will give you a ticket if you're one of the first 400 in line and BTW our shop is a 2 minute walk from the arena, the doors for the show open at 6.30, our signing starts at 4pm and the building holds over 5000 people so unless you are there from 10am you probably aint getting a ticket anyway.

But you gotta buy something! Oh i'll make sure i have my reciept.

I don't understand why anyone is shocked that they have to actually BUY something at these signings?! Why would Silvervision and HMV go to the trouble of organising something like this, but to increase sales?

It should be an option, not a necessity. Also it's a PR opportunity for the company as well as the chance of sales.

Bullshit. It should be a neccessity. HMV are a business, not a PR company.

Yes HMV are not a PR company they are a business which in turn needs this type of constant PR especially when they are in the shitter. Having WWE stars there not only adds to their own brand and improves relations, it attracts bucketloads of customers, some of which would maybe not go into HMV or buy in a shop, they in turn can generate huge profits whilst people are in the store. Furthermore WWE aren't stupid it works out great for them, both from a PR and business perspective as they'll be helping HMV shift lots of WWE merch which in turn earns both companies more money.

I don't understand why anyone is shocked that they have to actually BUY something at these signings?! Why would Silvervision and HMV go to the trouble of organising something like this, but to increase sales?

It should be an option, not a necessity. Also it's a PR opportunity for the company as well as the chance of sales.

Bullshit. It should be a neccessity. HMV are a business, not a PR company.

Yes HMV are not a PR company they are a business which in turn needs this type of constant PR especially when they are in the shitter. Having WWE stars there not only adds to their own brand and improves relations, it attracts bucketloads of customers, some of which would maybe not go into HMV or buy in a shop, they in turn can generate huge profits whilst people are in the store. Furthermore WWE aren't stupid it works out great for them, both from a PR and business perspective as they'll be helping HMV shift lots of WWE merch which in turn earns both companies more money.

Wow, there's more than one person out there that stupid?

HMV will attract 300 people tomorrow, on the premise that they have to buy that Summerslam DVD/Blu-ray to get it signed by CM Punk. Once that DVD/Blu-ray is signed, it'll be worth a tad more than an unsigned copy.

Why should HMV say, come along, spend some money if you want, but if you don't want, don't bother. We'll pay extra people to make sure everything is in order, we'll open up an hour early, just so you guys can meet CM Punk. They're a business, not a charity.

Get real.

And to the previous poster who suggested I may have a vested interest in HMV's profits. I haven't. But I'm in business, and I understand that you don't, and shouldn't, get anything for nothing.

anyone go to the punk signing today? thoughts?

also a question related to the harrods signing, what kind of wwe merch do they sell there and is it massively more expensive than other places? was considering buying a figure somewhere else beforehand and saying i got it from them, will that work? or do they pretty much usher you into the aisle to buy something?

anyone go to the punk signing today? thoughts?

also a question related to the harrods signing, what kind of wwe merch do they sell there and is it massively more expensive than other places? was considering buying a figure somewhere else beforehand and saying i got it from them, will that work? or do they pretty much usher you into the aisle to buy something?

It was proper crap mate. He said 2 words to me. The security ushered everyone through like sheep. I took 2 other items to get signed and as i pulled them out they butted in saying no chance with them, i said how about a pic and got turned down again. Being the second from last in the queue i thought it would be worth trying. TNA signings are a hell of a lot better

well thats a bummer, i take it it was hmv security then? maybe harrods security will be nicer. was punk being the moody dick that he's known to be with fans?

Well he wasn't exactly pleasant. Was thinking, he was moaning about his face not being out there yet he doesn't seem to want to put the effort in. He could have easily said nah, let this guy get a photo as he's last one. Basically he said to me Hey how are you, i said "ok". I replied with a good journey or hating the trips and he had a long pause, took a deep breath and said yeah. before i was ushered away. It was hired security for a one time deal. They aren't regulars there or i could have sweet talked them as they go to same gyms.

My mate was gutted for me as he knows im a massive punk fan in the same way he is a massive Foley fan. I hope foley is better at the stand up tomorrow

He seems to be the only one that looks down on them? What bollocks.

I've been to shitloads of WWE signings and it's ALWAYS the security that fucks it up. The guys don't even get a chance to talk to anyone, and I highly doubt Punk was any different.

The only time I've seen him be a dick to anyone is when someone was being a dick to him, and it's well deserved.

I met Punk and Cabana outside an FWA show years back. Both were friendly enough, even if they did try and shill their merch to us. We quickly pointed out we had traveled to get there and thus were rather skint. Got a handshake and that was that. Certainly weren't 'dicks' or anything.

Archived