Hulk Hogan TNA media blitz next week

TNAer

• Paid Members
Thats just it though theres an untapped market who dont know the history of the buisness and a lot of them know or very soon will know Kurt Angle. Your promotion has a former olympic gold medalist who is going to the olympics in nine months ? The olympics will be held in your biggest market ? And your not milking it ? Instead your pushing a man whose wrestled all but twice for your promotion ? You think if WWE had Kurt Angle right now they wouldnt be milking it ? You cant see the american people tuning in after seeing Angle on ESPN (ala hogan) ? You cant see the massive exposure ? The imensly popular uber patriotic babyface run to rival hulkamania ? You cant see a long title reign and kurt angle squashing people Hulkster style once a week ? Not milking this is an insane move.

Are you drunk?

On Milk by the sounds of it!

Your promotion has a former olympic gold medalist who is going to the olympics in nine months months.

Is this 100% legit though? The reason I ask is that Angle tried out for the Ultimate Fighter show a year or so ago and got knocked back because he couldn't pass the medical with the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Now, I don't know much about the runnings of the Olympics, but I'd have to imagine that as a legit sporting organisation they'll be administering the same kinds of tests? What makes you think he'd pass now?

Angle has been taking lessons from Hogan in how to bullshit the mainstream media, who wouldn't have a clue where to check to verify any of his claims. I doubt he's ever had any serious intention of even going to the selection process for the Olympics.

• Paid Members
Thats just it though theres an untapped market who dont know the history of the buisness and a lot of them know or very soon will know Kurt Angle. Your promotion has a former olympic gold medalist who is going to the olympics in nine months months ? The olympics will be held in your biggest market ? And your not milking it ? Instead your pushing a man whose wrestled all but twice for your promotion ? You think if WWE had Kurt Angle right now they wouldnt be milking it ? You cant see the american people tuning in after seeing Angle on ESPN (ala hogan) ? You cant see the massive exposure ? The imensly popular uber patriotic babyface run to rival hulkamania ? You cant see a long title reign and kurt angle squashing people Hulkster style once a week ? Not milking this is an insane move.

They're not pushing Hulk Hogan, Hulk Hogan is pushing them! That's the point. He IS the name, he is they guy that will draw them attention because people know who he is. You don't use a nobody to get someone to notice you, you use a somebody in the hope that he will help the nobody also become somebody. Get it?

• Paid Members

No-one dislikes Hogan more than me. If I had to pick one guy from TNA to promote the company in the media, I'd choose ... Hulk Hogan. It's a no-brainer.

What's a shame is that Hogan's a heel. Now they might do this anyway because he's probably out of character in these appearances but having Hogan telling the world that Bobby Roode is the real deal and the next great wrestling star would really mean something.

• Paid Members
Angle has been taking lessons from Hogan in how to bullshit the mainstream media, who wouldn't have a clue where to check to verify any of his claims. I doubt he's ever had any serious intention of even going to the selection process for the Olympics.

Exactly.

Angle trying out for the Olympics would be a massive gamble with very little chance of paying off. His gimmick is that he is one of the best legitimate fighters in the world, but he's in his forties, is physically broken down and hasn't had an amateur fight in well over a decade. The guys he'd be up against would be in their twenties, at their physical peaks and wrestling the best in the country regularly. He'd go into the try outs with a real risk of getting completely embarrassed.

He's too smart for that. He'll make some noise about it, get some attention and then come up with some excuse for not going. I'm betting on "My schedule with TNA made it impossible, maybe next time etc."

Exactly.

Angle trying out for the Olympics would be a massive gamble with very little chance of paying off. His gimmick is that he is one of the best legitimate fighters in the world, but he's in his forties, is physically broken down and hasn't had an amateur fight in well over a decade. The guys he'd be up against would be in their twenties, at their physical peaks and wrestling the best in the country regularly. He'd go into the try outs with a real risk of getting completely embarrassed.

He's too smart for that. He'll make some noise about it, get some attention and then come up with some excuse for not going. I'm betting on "My schedule with TNA made it impossible, maybe next time etc."

He's talking about it because the exact same reason he couldn't get licenced with the UFC will apply. He won't pass any medicals. It's an easy excuse for him, and something which is out of his hands.

• Paid Members

Hogan was on the media tour all day yesterday. He was supposedly on ESPN's shows for most of the day popping in with a little bit of comedy. Here's more of his little media bits:

Hulk crushes Tim Tebow

Hulk names the baddest dude in the NFL

Hogan talks smack on the DA HATERZ~

He's larger than life. The interviewers love him. He's like Daffy Duck on crack when he gets going.

No-one dislikes Hogan more than me. If I had to pick one guy from TNA to promote the company in the media, I'd choose ... Hulk Hogan. It's a no-brainer.

What's a shame is that Hogan's a heel. Now they might do this anyway because he's probably out of character in these appearances but having Hogan telling the world that Bobby Roode is the real deal and the next great wrestling star would really mean something.

It wouldn't, anymore than David Hasselhoff telling the world that someone is the next TV star would. Hogan's just an ironic retro fun figure -- whilst he is the best choice to promote TNA by far, he's just visible, he's not got any credibility. Hulk Hogan talking about Bobby Roode would be of no interest to anyone who doesn't already know who Bobby Roode is. Possible exception being if Hogan actually brought Roode out on chat shows and whatnot so there'd be photo opportunities with the heir to his throne and all that. Even then, it's a stretch.

Archived