Hulk Hogan TNA media blitz next week

TNAer

Bet he doesn't mention TNA once.

He's going to specifically promote Bound For Glory so he will.
Doesn't mean he'll mention it, given his previous track record.
What track record? All the recent interviews he's done were to promote Micro Championship Wrestling. This is about Bound For Glory, it will be the first thing which the interviewers ask him about.

This is why TNA annoys me. If BMW were trying to sell their latest model theyed hardly take a model from the eighties to press confrences to tell the world about the hot new car thats available in show rooms now. It makes no sense. Kurt Angle saying as he is a genuine sports star and doing the olympics (come on how much more free publicity could you ask for) should be a face right now pumping up the olympics on impact doing press stuff so the USA USA USA chanters know where to check out their boy (ie impact) they should pushing the hell out of angle and his olympic run, you bet your life wwe would and it would generate SERIOUS RATINGS. And take Aj/roode/kaz to the press stuff to show off the younger talent. But no, in the whacky world of TNA they send out hogan as a poster boy .... I MEAN COOOOME ON. Lets hope they at least get some bill boards out with a pic of angle letting americans know where they can watch their great olympic hope.

This is why TNA annoys me. If BMW were trying to sell their latest model theyed hardly take a model from the eighties to press confrences to tell the world about the hot new car thats available in show rooms now. It makes no sense. Kurt Angle saying as he is a genuine sports star and doing the olympics (come on how much more free publicity could you ask for) should be a face right now pumping up the olympics on impact doing press stuff so the USA USA USA chanters know where to check out their boy (ie impact) they should pushing the hell out of angle and his olympic run, you bet your life wwe would and it would generate SERIOUS RATINGS. And take Aj/roode/kaz to the press stuff to show off the younger talent. But no, in the whacky world of TNA they send out hogan as a poster boy .... I MEAN COOOOME ON. Lets hope they at least get some bill boards out with a pic of angle letting americans know where they can watch their great olympic hope.

No it wouldnt, Hogan is the only person TNA have that mainstream media have any interest in and even that is at an all time low.

• Paid Members
Yeah, getting the most recognisable name in the history of the business to promote your product. What morons!.

I doubt they'll still be in business by the end of the year.

Would most people in 2011 know The Rock more than they know Hulk? I am not saying i am right but The Rock as just branched out so much.

Yeah, getting the most recognisable name in the history of the business to promote your product. What morons!.

I doubt they'll still be in business by the end of the year.

Thats just it though theres an untapped market who dont know the history of the buisness and a lot of them know or very soon will know Kurt Angle. Your promotion has a former olympic gold medalist who is going to the olympics in nine months months ? The olympics will be held in your biggest market ? And your not milking it ? Instead your pushing a man whose wrestled all but twice for your promotion ? You think if WWE had Kurt Angle right now they wouldnt be milking it ? You cant see the american people tuning in after seeing Angle on ESPN (ala hogan) ? You cant see the massive exposure ? The imensly popular uber patriotic babyface run to rival hulkamania ? You cant see a long title reign and kurt angle squashing people Hulkster style once a week ? Not milking this is an insane move.

Thats just it though theres an untapped market who dont know the history of the buisness and a lot of them know or very soon will know Kurt Angle. Your promotion has a former olympic gold medalist who is going to the olympics in nine months ? The olympics will be held in your biggest market ? And your not milking it ? Instead your pushing a man whose wrestled all but twice for your promotion ? You think if WWE had Kurt Angle right now they wouldnt be milking it ? You cant see the american people tuning in after seeing Angle on ESPN (ala hogan) ? You cant see the massive exposure ? The imensly popular uber patriotic babyface run to rival hulkamania ? You cant see a long title reign and kurt angle squashing people Hulkster style once a week ? Not milking this is an insane move.

Are you drunk?

• Paid Members

Why would TNA want to spend their air time promoting the Olympics instead of their own Pay Per View? It's not like Angle is actually going to make the squad, or even turn up to the try outs, so there's absolutely no benefit for them at all.

Also they get Hogan to do the promotional stuff because he's got more name value than the rest of the TNA Roster combined. Simple as that.

Why would TNA want to spend their air time promoting the Olympics instead of their own Pay Per View? It's not like Angle is actually going to make the squad, or even turn up to the try outs, so there's absolutely no benefit for them at all.

Also they get Hogan to do the promotional stuff because he's got more name value than the rest of the TNA Roster combined. Simple as that.

Dont you get it ? Angle is representing TNA to the olympic audience. If random peter the patriot sees angle on ESPN talking about the olympics and why hes a hero and how hes doing it for america ect and also drops in how hes on spike on thursday night, the random pete the patriot might check it out and if just for good measure random pete the patriot drives past that garish hogan/impact/spike poster in NYC and instead sees an equally cringe worth poster imagine a Black & White poster imagine simply kurt angle in his star spangled banner ring gear with some awful tag line like 'Because America Needed A Hero' and something to the effect of 'Americas olympic hope KURT ANGLE IMPACT WRESTLING SPIKE 8PM' then id say the chances of random pete the patriot watching Impact would be slightly higher than if he were exposed to hulk bloody hogan. And when random pete the patriot tunes in to impact dont forget why hes watching Angle/Olympic hype so showcase to random pete the patriot the very best you have to offer durin matches and in between matches and segments hype your Angle squashing somebody main event. Use the red white and blue ropes and stuff that you used at the last ppv really push hard on the patriosm and olympic hope stuff. Or you could just write off your own talent pool and push hulk hogan ? wcw/russo style.

Archived