Best Indy Venues in the UK?

Forrest

Out of the ones Ive been to or seen

Lava Ignite with its chandiler roof, is amazing for PCW it screams big time and the view from where ever you are is phenomenal, really good place to have wrestling and miles better than shows for a short lived other Preston promotion that have run out of PR1/Rumes/Aqualennium/whatever it is called this week where the ring was hemmed in by the titchy dance floor or the GWF show at the Guildhall. Shockingly the Guildhall wasnt that great for wrestling, hey ho.

Some pics ive seen of the BWP where they have a Low Balcony around the ring also look pretty good as well but Im not sure where that is

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Shanter (it's not and never has been "The Tam") was a working mans for the sweaties, the Beggers (still called The Shanter by those in the know) was the same place with a different name. It's a working mans, as the link I provided and SBA didn't shows. He just lied about it.

Cracking darts venue. Years before, in the same room where John watched Danielson, The DartBreak Kid beat Kevin Painter in the opening round of the Midland Open and played an exhibition match against Steve Beaton that the Coventry Pink's Jim Marshall called "A match worthy of a Lakeside Final". Beaton beat me and I recorded the highest average I'd ever got when losing. 32.5 I think it was.

It came down to the deciding leg, I hit a 140 to leave a 119 checkout after The Bronze Adonis missed a dart at double 16. I hit a single 19, treble 20 to leave tops and as I was sizing up the shot to sink the Bee Gee, the dart in the T20 fell out and the crowd roared like it was a kickout at 2 and 3 quarters. I stepped back, shook my head and hit another T20.

Beaton checked out with his third dart and looked delighted with the win. Great match, great entertainment.

That's fucking amazing! Off-topic but I was delighted when I found out Beaton's is (or at least was) a driving instructor for his day job. I'd have loved to be taught to drive by The Adonis, I bet he can parallel park without using any mirrors.

I emailed Dennis Smith once asking for a signed picture, he never replied.

Out of the ones Ive been to or seenLava Ignite with its chandiler roof, is amazing for PCW it screams big time and the view from where ever you are is phenomenal, really good place to have wrestling and miles better than shows for a short lived other Preston promotion that have run out of PR1/Rumes/Aqualennium/whatever it is called this week where the ring was hemmed in by the titchy dance floor or the GWF show at the Guildhall. Shockingly the Guildhall wasnt that great for wrestling, hey ho.Some pics ive seen of the BWP where they have a Low Balcony around the ring also look pretty good as well but Im not sure where that is

I do love my venue! 4 massive screens with a screen on each side of the ring and

The Jolly Beggar was a working mans club, but it has been closed down now and reopened and refurbished into a nightclub called The Blok so there will be no more wrestling there i imagine.

It has also gotten a raaaaaather bad reputation recently sadly.

The Jolly Beggar was a working mans club, but it has been closed down now and reopened and refurbished into a nightclub called The Blok so there will be no more wrestling there i imagine.

It has also gotten a raaaaaather bad reputation recently sadly.
Do you mean the jolly beggar in the east end? That's had a kinda shadey reputation for alot longer than just recently..............

Archived