Best Indy Venues in the UK?

Forrest

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Jolly Beggar/Tam O'Shanter Burns Club in Coventry always held a good atmosphere.

I remember seeing Danielson there a few years back and thinking how weird it was that the guy who'd won awards as the best in-ring wrestler in the world was working in the upstairs room in a pub.

Have to echo the Winter Gardens in Margate. Rowdy venue back in the day [maybe still is, dunno] and a beautiful hall, even if Margate has become a bit of a run-down shithole in recent years.

I know I was in the minority but I liked The Granby. Maybe 'liked' is the wrong word but I got a major kick out of seeing guys like Abyss, Doug Basham, Nigel McGuinness, Jimmy Jacobs and others work in such a scummy fleapit on a dodgy industrial estate. It had 'character' did The Granby.

Eastmount Rec Centre that NGW use is a great little venue. A cunt to find [and I say that as someone who lives in Hull] but a great little venue nonetheless.

Have to echo the Winter Gardens in Margate. Rowdy venue back in the day [maybe still is, dunno] and a beautiful hall

It is. Maybe not as much, but it still is a rowdy crowd.

I too love that venue. Broxbourne Civic Hall, Doncaster Dome, Fairfield Halls Croydon, Southend Cliffs Pavillion, all great venues.

• Moderators
The Jolly Beggar/Tam O'Shanter Burns Club in Coventry always held a good atmosphere.

I remember seeing Danielson there a few years back and thinking how weird it was that the guy who'd won awards as the best in-ring wrestler in the world was working in the upstairs room in a pub.

It's a working mans, not a pub. Tut tut.

The Stiwt in Rhosllanerchrugog is a nice place to watch shows, but I just love watching wrestling in theatres.

Since we're being pedantic....... ;)

Courtesy of skiddle.com.

'A friendly pub located opposite the Coventry Skydome and next door to the Dragon Phoenix Restaurant'.

Any pics from inside the venue? I'm struggling to find some online.

• Paid Members
The Jolly Beggar/Tam O'Shanter Burns Club in Coventry always held a good atmosphere. I always enjoyed the Ivy Leaf in Sheldon too.

They needed better beer whenever I went along. The selection was underwhelming.

• Moderators

Since we're being pedantic....... ;)

Courtesy of skiddle.com.

'A friendly pub located opposite the Coventry Skydome and next door to the Dragon Phoenix Restaurant'.

Any pics from inside the venue? I'm struggling to find some online.

It's blatantly a working mans. Have you been? I have. It's a working mans. Clearly.

Archived