Best Indy Venues in the UK?

Forrest

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourites over the years have been...

Maryhill Community Centre

Matt Busby Centre, Bellshill

Classic Grand, Glasgow

Bellahouston Sports Centre

Kilmarnock Grand Hall

Whatever the Carluke BCW venue was.

East Kilbride Ballerup Hall.

Vikingar Largs.

Apollo 23, Glasgow.

The utter favourites there are Maryhill, Bellshill and Carluke. Magnificent atmospheres.

Matt Busby Centre, Bellshill

Classic Grand, Glasgow

Vikingar Largs.

Matt Busby Centre is literally about 10 minutes down the road from me. My guitarist works in there as a lifeguard! Classic Grand is great venue for gigs, and I just love Vikingar because it's full of Vikings. I really do need to go to wrestling shows, I think.

Forrest, Bellshill doesn't do the SWA shows anymore. It was their home for a while and I thought it was magnificent.

Classic Grand have a show next summer from ICW. Over 18s strictly. Vikingar has a show every April/May. You'd enjoy the shows I think. Especially the ICW one. Although PBW provide both a more 1) family friendly and 2) wrestling orientated product if that's your thing. ICW is just godly for characters, plots, stories and violence. Pick wisely. ;) There's lots of venues around Scotland with shows at the moment. Rutherglen, Cumbernauld, Kilmarnock, East Kilbride, Govan, Largs, Irvine, Alloa, Dumbarton, Greenock (YAY!), Motherwell all holding shows recently.

Central Scotland is spoiled.

Agree with everything said about orpington I was trying to describe the place to some mates the other day. But what a fantastic venue and when the show started.

Broxbourne has to be up there purely for the look of the venue on camera. I really like red brick with good lighting in the background at a small wrestling show, looks much better on camera than a white sports hall wall or community hall with loads of windows. ROH in the very early days used a place in boston with a similar feel.

Im sure the venue DG has for Nottingham will become a new favorite very soon.

Others that spring to mind are Wylliots Centre in Potters Bar quality looking venue and set up. Also I always liked the Drill Hall in ware, something about it was just nice

Doncaster Dome was my first foray into BritWres, so it will hold a place in my heart. The atmosphere during 1PW's glory days were fantastic and we were privilaged to see a lot of great talent on those shows.

The Olympia has been home to some great shows I've been able to witness. Also got to echo the love for The Regal in Oxford, and the Cambridge venue used for last years DG UK show was really nice too.

Archived