The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 - Bisping vs Mayhem Thread *SPOILERS*

wandshogun09

Bisping vs Mayhem  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bisping's said that he hasnt fought the guy they have lined up before, so that rules out Wanderlei.

On paper Wanderlei-Hendo III should happen, but i seriously would fear for Wanderlei's well-being if it were to happen.

• Paid Members

I'm torn on Hendo going to 185. I'm not sure I even want to see it now. He's always said he'd only go back down to fight Anderson. So if he actually won that fight he'd probably just vacate the title and go back to 205 leaving MW in a mess.

I'd rather him stay at LHW. He's a beast at the weight and the cut to 185 must be getting hard for him as he gets older. I'd rather him not drain himself and fight where he's comfortable. I think the better fights are at 205 aswell. Hendo vs Jones, Machida, Rashad plus possible rematches with Shogun and Rampage should see him out the rest of his career making big paydays in great fights.

• Paid Members
It seems I might have missed it on the broadcast and I can't find it online, but who took fight of the season, KO of the season and sub of the season? Did it get announced?

Yeah they announced it on the live show

Fight of the Season: Dustin Pague vs Louis Gaudinot

KO of the Season: John Dodson (for his KO of Johnny Bedford)

Submission of the Season: Dennis Bermudez (for his guillotine sub of Akira)

All 4 fighters got $25 grand.

• Paid Members

A pretty fit girl interviews Bisping post fight here

He's gone from grumpy Bisping to happy Bisping now. Good little interview. Covers why he missed weight, being annoyed at Joe Rogan, the Mayhem fight, Sonnen/Munoz.

Liked the end of the interview, gotta love a bit of shameless plugging.

Anyone catch Helwani's post fight interview with Marcus Brimage? Brimage meets Rampage who is his idol midway through the interview which is a cool little moment. Rampage seems to have warmed to Helwani a bit aswell now, the banter seems more light hearted these days. It was pretty much straight up bullying a few months back.

It's on MMAFighting.com along with the usual Dana interview and Bisping, Diego, Dodson etc.

I think it will be Maia next for Bisping, I'd take Bisping to win that fight. Maybe he could face Belfort after that, because the winner of Sonnen/Munoz is obviously going to get the next shot at Silva. It would've been great if it could've been Bisping/Sonnen in a title eliminator.

Nah, if Bisping wins his next fight he'll get a title shot. He is on a 4-fight win streak right now, if he won his next fight it'd be 5 in a row - hard to deny him a shot with that.

Plus Dana wouldn't pass up the chance to have a British fighter fighting for the title, especially with them looking for a new deal over here.

As much as I'd like to think a 5 fight win streak would mean he has earned and would recieve a shot at the title, do you think Dana would turn down the hype and money that would come with the Silva/Sonnen rematch?

No you've misunderstood, I mean Bisping should get the shot after Sonnen (assuming he beats Munoz anyway).

No matter what Dana said, I can't see Bisping fighting on the UFC on Fox 2 show - it's in 7/8 weeks and thats too soon a turn around for him.

Ideally for next year you'd have the Middleweight schedule something like this:

January - Sonnen vs. Munoz for No.1 contender-ship

March - Bisping vs. Maia

May - Anderson vs. Sonnen/Munoz

August - Champion vs. Bisping (if he beats Maia)

I think that'd be the best sort of schedueling they could put together, both in terms of the right rest gap between fights and not asking too much off Anderson/the Champion in too short a space of time.

Oh yeah, for sure Bisping would get a shot after Sonnen. I was going on the thinking Bisping will be fighting again on the Fox show, in which case he would have to take another fight after that before getting the title shot he'd deserve. But I really can't see Bisping fighting anyone in 8 weeks time neither. But if it worked out the way you've said then it would work out great for Bisping to get the title shot after Sonnen.

I'd like to see Bisping/Wanderlei again, but it would be a step back for Bisping. He could avenge a loss but it would still be a case of very little to gain and a hell of a lot to lose for Bisping. There isn't really anyone for him to face that's as close to a shot as himself.

• Paid Members
Ideally for next year you'd have the Middleweight schedule something like this:

January - Sonnen vs. Munoz for No.1 contender-ship

March - Bisping vs. Maia

May - Anderson vs. Sonnen/Munoz

August - Champion vs. Bisping (if he beats Maia)

I think that'd be the best sort of schedueling they could put together, both in terms of the right rest gap between fights and not asking too much off Anderson/the Champion in too short a space of time.

This scenario looks pretty doable, injuries permitting.

Only slight difference might be to move the Silva vs Sonnen/Munoz winner to June because they're meant to be planning a massive show in Sao Paulo then that is likely to have Anderson on. Might be tricky to get Sonnen out of there alive though.

If Bisping were to beat Maia I think he'd get the shot say, September/October time. That's also roughly around the time they come over here traditionally so I could see them headlining a card in Manchester with Bisping vs whoever is champ Silva/Sonnen/Munoz for the title. Just a guess but would be good.

Ideally it goes (obviously there's no UK UFC announced for Sep/Oct to a bit of fantasy matchmaking here)

FOX 2 in Jan

Sonnen beats Munoz

Bisping beats Maia (or whoever, if this happens)

UFC: Sao Paulo in June

Anderson vs Sonnen 2

UFC in UK/Manchester - Sep/Oct 2012

Silva/Sonnen vs Bisping for the title which would be huge either way

A lot can and does go wrong though in MMA so expect Munoz and Maia to fuck it all up :D

UFC in UK/Manchester - Sep/Oct 2012

Silva/Sonnen vs Bisping for the title which would be huge either way

If this worked out, and there is a reasonable chance that it might, as I would pick Bisping against Maia. The UFC could and should do what they have talked about previous and start the event at 2am so they can put it on PPV or FOX live in America at normal time. This gives the UK a bigtime fight without pissing on the chips of PPV Buys or Ratings in America.

Ricky Hatton fought at 2am in Manchester to apease the American audience when he fought for the World Belt in 2005. It is a good strategy when holding fights overseas. The UFC already do a similiar thing when they go to Austrialia.

EDIT: Also Dana and Anderson have wanted the Bisping fight in the UK for years.

Jesus Christ, what is he doing to justify that much money? I've only just caught up with the show and all I saw was mid level striking against a B tier opponent. I don't think I should have watched this season of TUF; it's just made me even angrier than ever about that wool cunt's career. The only good thing is that maybe now they're going to have to stop protecting Bisping and put him up against someone good, and we all know how that ended last time.

Jesus Christ, what is he doing to justify that much money? I've only just caught up with the show and all I saw was mid level striking against a B tier opponent. I don't think I should have watched this season of TUF; it's just made me even angrier than ever about that wool cunt's career. The only good thing is that maybe now they're going to have to stop protecting Bisping and put him up against someone good, and we all know how that ended last time.

Bisping is a massive name in the UFC, thats why. Say what you want about him as a fighter but the guy has helped open the UK market even more for the UFC.

Atleast he has reasoning behind him getting a good paycheck, I'm still baffled by Cung Le getting $350k in his loss to Wanderlei!

Archived