The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 - Bisping vs Mayhem Thread *SPOILERS*

wandshogun09

Bisping vs Mayhem  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A slow start but ended up as an incredibly dominant performance by Bisping. Nice to see both guys respectful and complimentary afterwards. Very interesting to see who they pair Bisping up with especially now Sonnen/Munoz are fighting.

Well, I think its safe to say we have a winner as far as Wandshogun's 'Round of the Year' question in the MMA thread goes - take a bow, Diego.

The Ferguson/Edwards fight call was a joke though, I had it 29-28 for Yves but wouldn't have been surprised to see 29-28 Ferguson - no way in hell was it 30-27.

Also, I got the TUF winners correct. ;)

Very fun show from top to bottom really.

Incredible finals to the TUF 14 tournament. Diego was especially thrilling.

The main event was an embarrassment though. One might say, "Oh, well Bisping beat him up, that's why Mayhem was so tired," but it was after Miller started gasping like a goldfish that Bisping turned up the heat. Terrible cardio display there, and Mayhem was basically just a bleach blonde punching bag in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Great show overall and i wouldn't be surprised if the two runner-ups got a decent shot in the future.

Diego vs Bermudez should go down as round of the year maybe even minute of the year

Bisping won convincingly as most people expected but miller looked throughout the whole fight except the first round when he had bisping on the ground. I can see Bisping maybe fighting either the winner of Belfort/Johnson or Okami next while Miller will probably end up against maybe Belcher or Weidman.

I can see Bisping maybe fighting either the winner of Belfort/Johnson or Okami next while Miller will probably end up against maybe Belcher or Weidman.

Nah, Okami is already fighting on the Japan show - on the prelims. :crazy:

Your probably right about Belfort/Johnson though.

I can see Bisping maybe fighting either the winner of Belfort/Johnson or Okami next while Miller will probably end up against maybe Belcher or Weidman.

Nah, Okami is already fighting on the Japan show - on the prelims. :crazy:

Your probably right about Belfort/Johnson though.

Guess that's what happens when Dana doesn't like you and Anderson makes you his bitch.

• Paid Members

Wow Mayhem looked terrible. Take nothing away from Bisping mind, he was great. Nice to see them respectful afterwards too. I was hoping we'd get a Sonnen/Bisping fight out of this but I just read the stuff about Munoz :(

Some good fights all in all, Happy Dodson won and Diego is just pure excitement. Bedford looked impressive too, he's just too big.

also:

33.gif

2.gif

3.gif

boink

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the finale.

Main event was good. Bisping gassing was a shock, he's always had great cardio. Between that and him uncharacteristically missing weight I'm wondering if he had an illness or injury going in, Fuck knows, he pulled through it anyway.

Mayhem got off to a good start but I had a feeling his inactivity might be a factor and I really think it was.

I got the 2 finals way wrong. Despite my dislike of Dodson I have to give him credit. TJ was probably the favourite all season and Dodson ran through him. I did think the stoppage was a tad early but I think Dodson had him anyway.

Diego vs Dennis was tremendous. Deffo a Round of the Year contender. Either that, Diaz/Daley or Palhares/Miller for me. Diego's an animal.

Thought Yves Edwards won. Rogan was all over Ferguson's bollocks aswell. Round 3 Yves was landing headkicks and showing some great head movement avoiding counters and what did Rogan say? He was still banging on about Fergie's omaplata in round 1. Good fight though.

• Paid Members

Yeah the word gassed is probably a bit strong but he looked well knackered after round 1, hands on knees knackered. He fought through it though so it obviously wasn't as severe as it looked.

I really think he might have had an injury or illness going in. That would explain him missing weight and why he tired so quick and looked less sharp, to me anyway. He usually looks pretty fresh after 3 rounds so seeing him with his hands on his knees after a round is why I bring this up. He was lucky Mayhem looked so shit imo. If he'd fought a Sonnen or even Munoz last night I think he'd have had a rough time. He didn't look himself to me.

On the plus side, its encouraging that even at less than his best he was able to finish Mayhem and got stronger as the fight went on.

I think he'll have to fight the Belfort/Johnson winner next like you guys said.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the show my 1 of my mates who was round had missed all of TUF, I was telling him how much power Diego had and then BAM he is on the floor, it showed hod dangerous a fighter he is on his back as well as standing, Already hoping for his next fight to be vs Leonard Garcia. :thumbsup:

Enjoyed watching Miller get outclassed by Bisping. Always find when Bisping is up for the fight he is better for it. Miller looked like a guy who has not had a fight in a few years also middleweight has to be to heavy for him considering he has had some many fights at 170.

Archived