The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 - Bisping vs Mayhem Thread *SPOILERS*

wandshogun09

Bisping vs Mayhem  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Loved the Diego submission, I thought Bisping winning would be the highlight of the night for me, but that submission was my favourite moment of the night. Some really interesting possible fights for him in the future, the guy is a beast.

Glad Dodson won, he's annoying cunt but I liked TJ even less. Sure TJ will still be around for a while though.

I agree with wand, I think something wasn't right with Bisping. He still kept on Miller and got the finish, but he just didn't seem 100% to me. Glad he won, shame how much Miller gassed though, it could've been a much more interesting fight.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bisping pounding Mayhem is one of my favourite moment's of the year, I fuckin hate that guy.

Good show overall the 2 qualifiers were spot on and as above I loved the main event, I dont agree that the Brandao 1st round should be any where near the best round of the year given the competition though

Great Show.

Really wanted Mayhem to win and thought he would, but cannot take anything away from Bisping. He had much sharper striking and better cardio. I cannot see him beating Munoz, Sonnen or Silva though.

Both Diego and Dodson impressed me, as did Dennis. I think this season is going to produce a lot of UFC mainstays. Dodson will no doubt go down to 125 once UFC introduces the Flyweight division.

Bedford looked like a beast, with his size and style he could be a force at 135 in the future, if it wasnt for Dodson, I think he would have won the show.

Roll on UFC 140!

I think it will be Maia next for Bisping, I'd take Bisping to win that fight. Maybe he could face Belfort after that, because the winner of Sonnen/Munoz is obviously going to get the next shot at Silva. It would've been great if it could've been Bisping/Sonnen in a title eliminator.

I think it will be Maia next for Bisping, I'd take Bisping to win that fight. Maybe he could face Belfort after that, because the winner of Sonnen/Munoz is obviously going to get the next shot at Silva. It would've been great if it could've been Bisping/Sonnen in a title eliminator.

Nah, if Bisping wins his next fight he'll get a title shot. He is on a 4-fight win streak right now, if he won his next fight it'd be 5 in a row - hard to deny him a shot with that.

Plus Dana wouldn't pass up the chance to have a British fighter fighting for the title, especially with them looking for a new deal over here.

Nah, if Bisping wins his next fight he'll get a title shot. He is on a 4-fight win streak right now, if he won his next fight it'd be 5 in a row - hard to deny him a shot with that.

Plus Dana wouldn't pass up the chance to have a British fighter fighting for the title, especially with them looking for a new deal over here.

As much as I'd like to think a 5 fight win streak would mean he has earned and would recieve a shot at the title, do you think Dana would turn down the hype and money that would come with the Silva/Sonnen rematch?

• Paid Members

few thoughts:

* Was talking about 'round of the year' in the MMA thread, Diego/Bermudez falls into that category, mental round. I ain't sure why Dennis came in to trade with Diego but it made for some exciting shit. That finish will be amongst the submission of the year lists come the 2012 MMA awards too. Both guys stock went up here. Took home fight of the night too.

* Dodson/TJ i thought was called off a little early, TJ looked a bit wobbly when he got up but that doesn't stop the fact that Herb jumped in as TJ was attacking a leg. Still, Dodson has arrived. He's going to be an awkward person to fight, he has surprising power for such a little dude too, Dodson/Mighty Mouse has to happen at some point!

* Bisping/Miller was a battering. The fact that Jason Miller gassed like he did was pretty shameful, that guy needs to rethink his whole training regime or something because it's not the first time it's happened. Mayhem has shown in the past that when he's fresh he's a f'n handful, and he did the same in the opening round, his unorthodox striking was confusing Bisping and it led to a takedown. As the round finished though i pretty much knew the fight was done though, Mayhem looked destroyed. The last 2 rounds were painful to watch, it was just a case of Bisping peppering away. Bisping deserves a title shot in my opinion but with Anderson out and Sonnen fighting Munoz it leaves him in a pretty weird position. I'd say he is the legit. no. 3 guy in the division now so any fight he takes next is going to be a slight step back. God knows where Miller goes from here.

* Bedford/Gardinot was a mugging, not sure if the UFC will give Gardinot another shot based on this. Bedford looked like a f'n beast.

The facebook prelims were all pretty good too!

oh, and i didnt know Brian Carraway was putting one in Meisha Tate?! jammy fucker.

• Paid Members

Yeah Diego got $80K in bonus money for that fight on top of his pay.

Dana hinted in his interview with Helwani that Bisping will likely be on the second Fox show, there's only really two possible opponents available for him which are Maia or Stann. Possible Belcher also as an outside bet.

Stann is probably the least likely of them 3 because he's coming off a loss. Belcher vs Bisping would be a great fight, there was some trash talk between them 2 a while back with Bisping having a pop at Belcher's hideous Johnny Cash tattoo.

I think Bisping vs Maia's most likely though. Belcher's only one fight deep in his comeback from a long layoff so I think they'll give him a couple more fights before giving him a top 5 guy. Maia's a good fight for Bisping and probably the biggest name available at the moment. I'd take Bisping to win that one.

• Paid Members

Michael Bisping must the only guy that constantly goes backwards in terms of his career, the majority of his fight take place against guys ranked lower than him, and it'll happen again in his next fight, it's a pretty weird situation.

• Paid Members

who do think gets the call back after Saturday show? I think alot of the guys did enough to get another fight in the promotion, even some of the TUF guys that lost. I think Stephen Bass, Josh Ferguson and Josh Clopton probably showed enough to get another pop at it...as well as the losing finalists.

• Paid Members

There is a lot of talk swirling on Twitter at the moment that it's going to be Bisping Vs. Belcher next. But there is also mention of Bisping facing the winner of Belfort/Rumble Johnson too.

• Paid Members
who do think gets the call back after Saturday show? I think alot of the guys did enough to get another fight in the promotion, even some of the TUF guys that lost. I think Stephen Bass, Josh Ferguson and Josh Clopton probably showed enough to get another pop at it...as well as the losing finalists.

Yeah I'd expect most will be back. They always need more smaller guys and I think a few could even end up in the Flyweight division when it's brought in. Dana has said it's coming real soon.

I can see them giving Gaudinot a call when they bring in the 125ers. He's small at bantamweight as it is, it didn't help they put him in with one of the biggest at the weight. The fact his fight with Pague got the Fight of the Season bonus makes me think he'll get another shot.

I know you meant TUF contestants but Dana's even saying Mayhem might be done in the UFC after that loss. I think that's a little harsh. Mayhem was out of action over a year and came in against a top 5 guy. I think they should give him a shot at a lower ranked guy. Tom Lawlor or someone like that. If he loses that then fair enough.

• Paid Members
Throw in Bisping/Stann to that as well.

That would be great from a crowd reaction point of view and the fight would be good but I think it's unlikely at the minute. Stann's just lost a one sided fight to Sonnen and Bisping's one win away from a title shot. I'd expect we'll get something like Stann vs Cung Le.

Bisping vs Maia makes the most sense to me out of who's available.

• Paid Members

Couple of interesting tweets after Bisping's win

Hendo

All the "injuries" that keep Anderson from a rematch w/ me or Chael will heal real fast if they offer Bisping to him.

Wanderlei

"I will love to fight with bisping again no problem I give the remach for him anytime anywhere."

Archived