The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 - Bisping vs Mayhem Thread *SPOILERS*

wandshogun09

Bisping vs Mayhem  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great final episode fights wise, hell its been probably my favourite season entirely fight wise.

Both the Bantamweight & Featherweight final look great, the most I've been looking forward to the actual finals ever really (bar Pearson). Dana got it spot on at the end, it really is the two strongest finals they've ever had on TUF - all four guys will be UFC mainstays imo.

Plus we've got Bisping/Mayhem on the card too, absolutely looking forward to the whole show - heres hoping FX don't screw up the live coverage.

Unfortunately I've missed a lot of episodes this season, mostly due to being busy and forgetting when it's on, but the season will definitely be a DVD purchase methinks. I did happen to catch the final episode tonight, was a very good show. I can definitely see Diego Brando becoming a major force in the featherweight division. Not like it's a deep division or anything but he's still very dangerous. Brando vs. Aldo could be a sick battle of two fiery Brazilians a year or so from now.

Loved seeing Bisping enter "show" mode at the staredown. The guy who he was pranking and making friendly bets with earlier is all of a sudden his worst enemy. So contrived, but it'll make a damn good main event at the TUF Finale.

• Paid Members

First page is updated with for the Finale card. Still some fights to be added yet I think though, cos they've only got 4 main card and 3 prelims. Looks great already though.

Agreed with Metal on Metal that the 2 finale fights are probably the most I've looked forward to in ages. Both potentially excellent fights. Yves Edwards vs Tony Ferguson is a great little fight that's not really been getting talked about aswell and then there's Bisping vs Mayhem obviously. Should be one more main card fight cos all Finales in the past had 5. Unless the main event being 5 rounds means they can't this time?

I'm picking Bermudez and Dillashaw to take the finals. Brandao looks a beast but I've still got doubts on his cardio and Bermudez has some solid wrestling that I think could give him fits. Should both be cracking fights though.

^ See I'm the opposite, I'm picking Diego and Dodson to win. :laugh:

Oh and three more prelims have been announced. Full card:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

Michael Bisping vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller

Dennis Bermudez vs. Diego Brandao ("TUF 14" featherweight finale)

John Dodson vs. T.J. Dillashaw ("TUF 14" bantamweight finale)

Yves Edwards vs. Tony Ferguson

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Johnny Bedford vs. Louis Gaudinot

Marcus Brimage vs. Stephan Bass

John Albert vs. Dustin Pague

Roland Delorme vs. Josh Ferguson

Josh Clopton vs. Steven Siler

Bryan Caraway vs. Dustin Neace

Siler's original opponent was meant to be Akira Corassani, but he got injured a couple of weeks ago.

• Paid Members

Akira will surely get a shot at some point.

Finale is going to be a good one, I don't think anyone's come off the show looking as scary as Diego, that dude is killing people. I felt sorry for Carraway during that onslaught.

I think TJ/Dodson is going to be a tremendous fight too, exciting stuff!

It's definitly been one of the best TUF season ever in terms of fights, the house-stuff has been alright but there's been some interesting personalities to come out of it, and i see a good few of them having long UFC careers.

As for the coaches, i know lots of people here won't have their minds changed about Michael Bisping, but i think he's come off better than Mayhem all season. Mayhem's stock lowered for me throughout the season, i can't look past the fact that he's so false.

Fight-wise... Mayhem Miller has had a frustrating career, he's fluttered about between promotions and has gone from fighting good opponents to overmatched oppoents, his lack of consistency has always made it hard to really know how good he is. I'm picking Bisping via-decision, it's interesting to note here that Miller hasn't had a meaningful fight in over 2 years.

Great last episode. I'm the same as MOM, Diego and Dodson to win. I'm kinda 50/50 on the Diego fight, Bermudez could just wrestle him to a decision, but I'm gonna go with a Diego TKO/KO. Going with a Dodson win via TKO/KO as well. Either way they should both be great fights and all 4 could have decent careers in the UFC.

I can't wait for Bisping vs. Miller. Really hoping Bisping knocks Miller out, it would make my night!

As for the coaches, i know lots of people here won't have their minds changed about Michael Bisping, but i think he's come off better than Mayhem all season. Mayhem's stock lowered for me throughout the season, i can't look past the fact that he's so false.

Pretty much. There aren't many fights that I'll want to see Bisping win, but this one is definately one of them. Didn't realise it was a five rounder either. Mayhem getting punched in the face for 25 minutes? Yes please!

• Paid Members
^ See I'm the opposite, I'm picking Diego and Dodson to win. :laugh:

Oh and three more prelims have been announced. Full card:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

Michael Bisping vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller

Dennis Bermudez vs. Diego Brandao ("TUF 14" featherweight finale)

John Dodson vs. T.J. Dillashaw ("TUF 14" bantamweight finale)

Yves Edwards vs. Tony Ferguson

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Johnny Bedford vs. Louis Gaudinot

Marcus Brimage vs. Stephan Bass

John Albert vs. Dustin Pague

Roland Delorme vs. Josh Ferguson

Josh Clopton vs. Steven Siler

Bryan Caraway vs. Dustin Neace

Siler's original opponent was meant to be Akira Corassani, but he got injured a couple of weeks ago.

I've updated the post on the first page now. The Bedford/Gaudinot fight is now listed as the main card opener on MMAJunkie.

Both the finals are tough to pick and I could easily see any of them beating each other. Usually on these finales the fight has an obvious favourite going in which kinda hurts it in a way. This time it's a tossup in both fights.

I'm picking Bermudez for the wrestling advantage but could easily see Diego KOing him and I picked Dillashaw because a) he's been one of my picks to win the whole thing and b) Dodson's an annoying little cock.

Archived