The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 - Bisping vs Mayhem Thread *SPOILERS*

wandshogun09

Bisping vs Mayhem  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
Jesus Christ, what is he doing to justify that much money? I've only just caught up with the show and all I saw was mid level striking against a B tier opponent. I don't think I should have watched this season of TUF; it's just made me even angrier than ever about that wool cunt's career. The only good thing is that maybe now they're going to have to stop protecting Bisping and put him up against someone good, and we all know how that ended last time.

Yeah he had 2 very close point loses and lost to the same guy who knocked out Fedor. Your point is? It's not like Sonnen who has been triangled by everyone and there dog.

Bisping has 4 wins in a row vs Dan Miller, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Jorge Rivera and Jason Miller. If he beats Demian Maia it will be his 5th win in a row. Sonnen lost to Maia then won 3 fights before he got Anderson. If Bisping gets a shot its because he has earned it.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus Christ, what is he doing to justify that much money? I've only just caught up with the show and all I saw was mid level striking against a B tier opponent. I don't think I should have watched this season of TUF; it's just made me even angrier than ever about that wool cunt's career. The only good thing is that maybe now they're going to have to stop protecting Bisping and put him up against someone good, and we all know how that ended last time.

Yeah he had 2 very close point loses and lost to the same guy who knocked out Fedor. Your point is? It's not like Sonnen who has been triangled by everyone and there dog.

Bisping has 4 wins in a row vs Dan Miller, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Jorge Rivera and Jason Miller. If he beats Demian Maia it will be his 5th win in a row. Sonnen lost to Maia then won 3 fights before he got Anderson. If Bisping gets a shot its because he has earned it.

Why stop there? You're forgetting Bisping has stopped such fantastic guys as Jason Day, Chris Leben, Denis Kang and robbed Matt Hammil on the way. Put him against quality, even over the hill quality like Wanderlei, and he loses.

Also, wool.

Why stop there? You're forgetting Bisping has stopped such fantastic guys as Jason Day, Chris Leben, Denis Kang and robbed Matt Hammil on the way. Put him against quality, even over the hill quality like Wanderlei, and he loses.

Right, the Hammil fight, he lost. Fair enough. But he took that guy wayyy to lightly and was so over confident it was untrue!

But I still believe (and so do alot of people) that he won the Evans fight. Now if your not quantifyiing him as quality opposition then thats fair enough. It's not correct, but fair enough!

• Paid Members

Also, wool.

sooo outside of Chael, who else at 185 would you put in line?

• Paid Members

Also, wool.

sooo outside of Chael, who else at 185 would you put in line?

Why should Chael get 1 then he only won 3 fights in a row and 1 of those was somebody who Bisping also has beat in his last run. Galts reasoning would mean nobody should bother facing Anderson.

Sonnen lost to Maia if Bisping beats Maia he will get a title shot. Bisping would have beat 5 people in a row, Sonnen got his shot and he is 5-4 in the UFC, while Bisping is 11-3. If Bisping beat Hendo he would have been in-line for a chance at Anderson but he lost, after that he lost a really close fight to Wanderlei which could have gone anyway and he has beat anyone else. If he loses to Maia then he wont get his shot which is fair enough, I don't see how anyone can argue with that and say its unfair.

If Silva was heathy, behind Chael I would put Munoz then Bisping third in line for a title shot. So I would have Bisping fight Munoz or Sonnen for the number 1 contendership, whilst the other one would fight Silva for the title.Bisping has beaten Akiyama, Rivera, Dan Miller and Mayhem since losing to Wanderlai. None of them are top flight 185lbs, if he beats Maia (which I think he will) he has earnt it no doubt after the winner of Sonnen/Munoz.Munoz beat Leben and Maia when they were both ranked in the top 10 and are better oppenents than what Bisping has faced, Munoz also lost a super close fight to Okami who is seen as being top 5 material. I know Bisping beat Leben as well, but that was years ago.In recent times I feel Munoz has done a bit more than Bisping as of now to get a title shot. Sonnen in beating Stann and being so close to beating Silva last time, has done more than Bisping also, it just depends if you think Sonnen deserves it on a moral level after the drug bust and problems with the law.

Based on his amount if recent wins, Bisping does deserve his shot, but I can't imagine it being anything less than a total dismantling. Kind of like when Dan Hardy was apparently GSP material after beating Mike Swick and Marcus Davis.

If he would have beaten a Vitor Belfort or Okami I would agree he would deserve it, but as of now I feel he is still one big win away from a shot. If he beats Maia then I would not argue he does deserve one.Hardy getting a shot at that time was down to him beating overated fighters, and no one else being around who was ready for a shot or had just lost to GSP clearly, like Fitch. The landscape at 185 now is different to the landscape of 170 in early 2010 when Hardy got his title shot.

Based on his amount if recent wins, Bisping does deserve his shot, but I can't imagine it being anything less than a total dismantling. Kind of like when Dan Hardy was apparently GSP material after beating Mike Swick and Marcus Davis.

More than likely, but you have to give a guy his shot regardless of how we think the fight will go. Otherwise, there's no point in him competing at all really.

• Paid Members

It's a double edged sword, without opening up this 'can of worms' again the UFC either book the top guys to compete against one another or they create match-up's that will make for 'exciting fights'. They put Hardy in with Davis & Swick because they knew there'd be a good chance they'd deliver action for the fans. They can only fight whoever the UFC give them so if they go on a win streak they can argue they've earned a title shot whereas their critics will question the calibre of the opponents. I'll guarantee that given the choice both Hardy & Bisping would take whatever match-up gets them closest to the belt the quickest.

Archived