The WORST matches you've ever seen

Dashing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was gonna put this in the PWG thread but I'm so disgusted I need a more general thread. I watched PWG Eight, and after Kevin Steen and PAC ripping it up in a cracking opener, we were treated to Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Brandon Gatson. Now I already knew Gatson was a bit shit, but I've always kinda liked Taylor. Now, Taylor has "GMSi" on his trunks, meaning "Get my shit in." and this turned out to be the entire idea of the match as the two guys just hit a bunch of moves. Nothing even REMOTELY resembling a flow to it and just complete and utter shit. When the match was done I had to go and watch a movie to recover. It was horrific.

I was thinking it might be the worst match I have seen in a long time, but I genuinely can't remember hating a match like I hated this. I think it might be the very worst match I have ever seen.

• Paid Members
Re: the 3PW hate, are you joking?

You folks have obviously not seen much of it, atleast not the Styles/Daniels series.

I saw plenty of it, ta very much, you Norbert. Usually at 3am in the morning, feeding my baby daughter, with fuck all else on apart from Catchphrase and ITV Nightscreen. And yes, I did see some of Styles/Daniels, and while I hate Daniels, their TNA stuff shites on it from the troposphere.

3PW fucking blew.

• Paid Members

JBL vs Cena from Wrestlemania. JBL squashes Cena for 10 minutes, Cena gets 30 second comeback and wins. For a title match at Wrestlemania, it was a disgrace

Sandman Vs. Sabu in some sort of ladder based gimmick match at an ECW PPV (November to Remember 95 I think) was so bad that their rematch was pre taped before the next PPV went live just in case.

That was from November To Remember 1997 and indeed it was horrendous, Sabu said in one of his shoot interviews that Sandman had took a load of acid before the match and had no idea what the fuck was going on.

I remember really enjoying the rematch at Living Dangerously what was taped before the PPV started though, their match at House Party 1998 was my fave the stairway to hell ladder match.

Archived