The WORST matches you've ever seen

Dashing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread was something inspired by Ian's thread on Crush yesterday. Nothing against Big Bri, no, no, no! But when he mentioned a match he had against Mongo McMichael at Road Wild 1998 being a stinker, I, being a glutton for punishment apparently, decided to watch it as I'd never seen it and WOOOOOO, does it hum or what!? Everything that went wrong in there looked to have been Mongo's fault actually but obviously we don't have any way of really knowing that.

So the question I pose is, what are some of the worst matches you've ever seen?

Some more obvious ones would be that Jackie Gayda match from 2002 and that Sharmell vs Jenna Morasca ding-dong from Victory Road 2009 so I'll just get those out of the way now.

Mentioned in the 1st post :confused:

I remember an absolutely terrible hardcore triple threat match between The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Raven that I saw on TWC a few years ago that I think was from a 1PW show. All they did was hit each other with chairs and bin lids for about 15 minutes and they didn't even look as though they could be arsed doing that.

Referring to 3PW, I didn't see the match that Butch talked about, but I remember seeing a fucking dreadful match between The Blue Meanie and Rob Eckos (or Robbie E as he's now known) which had Matt Striker in Eckos's corner dressed up like Jimmy Snuka. But I could easily sit here and list about three-dozen 3PW matches. What an appalling company that was.

3PW was bound to fail right from the start, i mean all they were doing was trying to capitalize on the popularity of XPW

JBL vs Cena from Wrestlemania. JBL squashes Cena for 10 minutes, Cena gets 30 second comeback and wins. For a title match at Wrestlemania, it was a disgrace

How could I forget that, it was fucking atrocious. I would have been pissed had it been on some B-rate shit like No Way Out, nevermind a Wrestlemania main event. JBL strikes again. And Cena wasn't exactly the wrestler he is now, at that time. And this is coming from a Cena fan.

JBL's main event run produced some of the most boring PPV main events I've ever seen. It's a pity that by the time his character took off, he was rubbish in the ring. In fact, the only good match I can recall was that I Quit hardcore match with Cena, which came out of nowhere in an otherwise terrible series.

Completely agree, yet I see a lot of support for JBL on the net. This is despite the fact that his reign bombed and at the time, everyone was calling for his head. Just an awful wrestler. Good in brawling type matches (see Cena vs JBL Parking Lot Brawl, Great American Bash 2008) but anything else, forget it.

I just remembered another before. Batista vs Kane from Armageddon 2002. Crikey, this stinks. Batista is still greener than Kermit and Kane is clearly lost for what to do with him, at one point, shitting himself mid-powerbomb that Big Dave might drop him on his bonce. Again, I'm a big fan of both men but this one hummed.

Hogan/Piper - Halloween Havoc 97 - the rules weren't really explained and they both ended up outside the cage in the first 5 or so mins(usually the end when someone escapes, although it was WCW) and it was a horrible cage. The only highlight was Savage leaping of the top of the huge cage and barely brushing Hogan - can't imagine the impact the landing had on his knees!

• Paid Members

Put me down for HHH/HBK Hell in a Cell. At least most of the other matches mentioned here were relatively short and low-ki and can be entertaining in a kind of 'head in hands' way. But this match had a big build up and expectations were high, and 5 minutes in I wanted it to just be over. But it just went on. And on. And on. And on. So this is probably the match I'd least like to see ever again.

Archived