The WORST matches you've ever seen

Dashing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I remember Ric Blade having an absolute shitter of a clunker in 3PW on TWC, it was against Trent Acid. It was amazingly terrible. Ric Blade is the drizzling shits and should never have been allowed to have a wrestling match on Steel Cage Challenge on his NES, never mind in front of paying customers in a real ring and on a fucking telly that I was unlucky enough to watch.

I know there are technically worse matches but my least favourite ever is probably Austin/Triple H from No Way Out 2001, crap ending, crap middle, Austin was stale as fuck by this point, Triple H was shite by this point, the brawling was shite, the crowd didn't seem to care for most of it which was pretty bad considering it was a grudge match between two of the three biggest stars in the company, I've only watched bits of it since I watched it live and it was still a bag of wank

King Mabel/Yokozuna - IYH 5

In Your House 4 I believe sir. IYH5 had the incredible hog pen match with HHH vs. Henry Godwinn.

Not well known but at February there was a woman's match in the BIC and it was pretty damn awful. Worse match I've seen under Premier Promotions between Cunning Kaylee and Chelsea Kensington. It had about nineteen roll ups.

Shelley and Sabin vs Two Little Japanese Lads from Impact a year or two ago. Awful, awful showing it was. They were just going from convoluted high spot to convoluted high spot for no rhyme or reason. You could even see them standing around waiting for the next one.

That was Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi (of DragonGate fame) and I thought it was one of the most entertaining tag matches lasting under 5 mins for a LONG time!!

I seem to recall Stevie Ray and Vincent having a hilariously bad match on PPV once.

I was going to mention that one, Uncensored 1999 it was, but not having seen it in years, I couldn't remember if it was as bad as I thought. Off to Youtube I think!

• Paid Members

I remember an absolutely terrible hardcore triple threat match between The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Raven that I saw on TWC a few years ago that I think was from a 1PW show. All they did was hit each other with chairs and bin lids for about 15 minutes and they didn't even look as though they could be arsed doing that.

Referring to 3PW, I didn't see the match that Butch talked about, but I remember seeing a fucking dreadful match between The Blue Meanie and Rob Eckos (or Robbie E as he's now known) which had Matt Striker in Eckos's corner dressed up like Jimmy Snuka. But I could easily sit here and list about three-dozen 3PW matches. What an appalling company that was.

• Paid Members

On ECW's first PPV event, they had Shane Douglas defend the TV title against Pitbull #2. Had a great, heated rivalry going into it over the neck injury to Pitbull #1, but the match itself dragged something fierce.

HHH/Steiner at the Rumble has already been mentioned, but fuck me was it terrible. Steiner looked fucked after about two minutes. HHH trying in vain to sell like a bastard for him was a good effort but it just seemed to make it more comical. Absolute travesty of a match and even now I can't watch it from a "So bad it was good" point of view because it's probably the worst WWE match I've ever had the displeasure of seeing, at least a big time title match.

Not quite on the same scale, but in more recent times I thought the Orton/Barrett title match at Survivor Series with Cena being at the forefront in the storyline was a massive disappointment both in terms of the match and the aftermath of it.

People talk about Lesnar/Goldberg but lest we forget that a match isn't just about the in-ring goings on, but the crowd atmosphere plays a massive part. Lesnar/Goldberg is an awesome spectacle because the crowd absolutely ripped both guys to shreds. I could watch it endlessly purely for that reason.

HHH/Steiner at the Rumble has already been mentioned, but fuck me was it terrible. Steiner looked fucked after about two minutes. HHH trying in vain to sell like a bastard for him was a good effort but it just seemed to make it more comical. Absolute travesty of a match and even now I can't watch it from a "So bad it was good" point of view because it's probably the worst WWE match I've ever had the displeasure of seeing, at least a big time title match.

Everyone involved in that match have to take responsibility for killing dead one of the best feuds to have come along in years. After an extended period of HHH dominance, here was a guy who was cooler, tougher and more of a bad ass.

Steiner obviously takes some blame, but HHH contributes his share to the shittery. He sandbags Steiner at least once, plus gives him nothing to work with after the first 5 minutes or so. Speaking of that, whoever chose a long match for Steiner's first match back takes the large portion of the blame. You ask a guy like Steiner if he's ready to do 20 minutes, of course he'll say yes, but clearly he was still not 100%. That match should have been 5 minutes of Steiner dominance followed by shenanigans and a HHH cheating win. I think there were people, one of whom was in the match, who were definitely planning for that one to blow.

• Paid Members
Referring to 3PW, I didn't see the match that Butch talked about, but I remember seeing a fucking dreadful match between The Blue Meanie and Rob Eckos (or Robbie E as he's now known) which had Matt Striker in Eckos's corner dressed up like Jimmy Snuka. But I could easily sit here and list about three-dozen 3PW matches. What an appalling company that was.

I don't think I saw that particular match, but I can say with complete conviction that every match I saw in 3PW was terrible, and I'm massively gay for Roadkill.

WWE-wise, I'll always remember Gillian Hall (possibly in a tag) in the ring with Ashley Massaro, failing miserably to disguise her bewilderment at how utterly clueless Ashley was.

Ooh, actually there was Torrie Wilson vs Ashley that was just..... just..... wow.

Giant Gonzales vs Undertaker at WrestleMania IX is the worst match ever. In fact everything at WM9 that doesn't feature The Steiners and The Headshrinkers was pretty rotten.

I also thought that the Cena vs R-Truth match at this years Capitol Punishment was an abortion too. I was surprised at how well recieved it was on here.

Archived