Do you reckon you'll ever stop being a fan?

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

im more a casual fan these days, i don't think i'll ever fully stop watching, but the fanatical approach i used to have is long gone. I think that if you ever go down the route of being a smart mark (which let's take it, anyone who reads this board is to an extent), you learn a side of the business that you cant help but be intrigued by. I'll never stop loving wrestling for that fact, and these days although i don't watch as much as i used too i still read and learn stuff all the time.

The UKFF is a big reason for it too, if this board didn't exist there's a very good chance that my life would be very different.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably won't because I don't let myself get burnt out anymore. Apart from when I'm on an internet forum, I don't even really think about wrestling until its time to watch a recording of RAW, Smackdown or a PPV. I've still got my DVDs but I haven't watched them regularly in ages.

It'll never happen. In fact I'm probably as big a fan now as I am when I first got into it back in 2000, just in a different way. Like others have pointed out YouTube and the internet as a whole helps a lot but I do still watch Raw every week. It's a finely tuned ritual at this stage. I love watching it live and no matter how much I might disagree with WWE's current direction I'm always excited to see where the ships going. Wrestling never stops. It's just this massive universe of past, present and future with it's own parallel universe of the 'real' side of it. The people entertain me today as much as their characters did ten years ago.

There's just too much of it to ever be able to say to someone 'yeah I used to be into wrestling'. That's mad. I love wrestling.

• Paid Members

I think if the WWE went under I'd lose most of my interest. I used to be into the entire scene, specifically the American ides and some of the British promotions. These days I skim through newsbites about those elements of the profession and stick mainly to WWE, but I put this down largely to getting a bit older and having less time to watch more than just WWE shows. Other priorities come to mind like paying bills, a relationship, the family, work, etc. With WWE gone, after the initial shock developments of them closing and seeing where some of the big stars go afterwards or if Vince and Co decided to start some kind of new entity, I wouldn't watch much past that. I don't find much of TNA enjoyable so I couldn't see me accepting it as the norm when WWE has become a force of habit for me for over a decade now.

I'm currently only interested in old timers like Hogan, Hall, Nash, Hart, Sheik, Piper, Angle, Flair, Taker, Voory, Austin, Warrior, Michaels, Goldberg, the guys who captured my imagination. Never been interested in the super technical stuff or indie stuff, just fascinated by the biz in general and the characters who dominated the game in the 80's and 90's and 2000's.... The cardboard cut out pish on WWE does not inspire me one bit and TNA doesn't grab me either...

Simple answer...... NO! NEVER!

I've been a fan for 21 years now, if I was gonna grow out of it, I would have at round about 18 or 19 when you're supposed to be more 'Adult'.

Most of my mates in Junior School went off it when they started Senior School, but, then we met new mates there who liked Wrestling, so the fickle Bastards became so called 'Fans' again.

I've never ever lost interest in it, nor will I, weather it's good, bad or down right outrageous, I'll be constantly watching & always being a fan, not just WWE but all Wrestling in general.

This form of entertainment / sport is with me until the day I die.

Football & MMA do nothing for me nor entertain me like Pro Wrestling can.

i dont really have many other interests rather than the cliche music and film, so probably not unless something else takes off like it has. cant get into mma though i absolutely love UFC's promotional work and production. i'd like to think its something i'll introduce my kids do and relive it through them but again, who knows.

Have been a fan for nearly twenty years now and can't see myself ever stopping tbh,all my friends were into it during the attitude era and they all grew out of it except for me.I half lost interest around the time Batista won the World Title for the first time,but luckily enough I got my first laptop back then from work and discovered so much other wrestling besides WWE that I previously had only ever read about,so it doesn't really matter if the current productssucks(which it does,for the most part)cos I can watch old NWA or WCW or ROH or whatever and I still keep up to date with whats happening on Raw/SD and thanks to sky+ I can skip through all the garbage and watch the main matches/angles.

I still think that wrestling,when done right,elicits emotion out of you that no other sport or show could ever do and am glad I never grew out of it!

Archived