The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I hoped for regarding that Disciple Of Death segment (which i laughed out loud in brilliance at) was after he destroyed the other two I thought his physique was going to change to that of one more impressive so a different talent could play the part. He's always gonna have that stank going forward. But bravo anyway.

Cage Match! 4 Way Trios!

Bloody brilliant again from LU, that German by Evelisse on Joey Ryan!!! Nice to see Pentagon back on my screen, can't wait to see how this rebuilding of him by Vampiro turns out.

Best moment of the show for me was cage flattening Mundo then catching the Kendo stick as it popped up without skipping a beat, just quality!!!

• Paid Members

Another great episode. That main event was just so much bloody fun. Jack Evans is a joy as the mouthiest little twat in the Temple and the Super Friends winning the Trios titles is really exciting. Ivelisse is fantastic and my favourite woman in wrestling, you can actually buy her facing off with the men because she kicks so much ass. And they've got to be building up to Pentagon vs Matanza for the title at Ultima Lucha 2. I love that Pentagon is always in full wrestling attire, even when confined to a wheelchair. 

• Paid Members

Lucha Libre World are returning to York Hall, Bethnal Green, London on Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd July 2016.

Silver King, Juventud Guerrera and Magno are the announced names that would mean something to most people, though theres a couple of other indie guys announced and Lucha Britannia stars making up the numbers.

I have to say it looks a step down from Santo, Wagner and Cassandro last year (which itself looked weak in comparison to the Lucha Libre London show taking place across town at Albert Hall at THE SAME TIME), but could be fun.

Details at www.luchalibreworld.co.uk

Benny, you seem to know your stuff...Is this going to be worth going to? I'm down the road, and "could be fun" is normally good enough, but is it likely we'll see other fairly well known names from the world of Lucha Libre?

Butch, I'm just about to give that Rush vs Maximo match a watch. Thanks for sharing. 

• Paid Members

I'm fairly certain you'd have a good time - I didn't go last year but those I know that did had fun. Ticket prices seemed on the high side (it's the idea of presenting lucha as an arts/culture thing to appeal to hipsters making it a night out) but if you're local I reckon you can't go wrong.

I went to the Camden events in 2008 and 2009 that were sort-of related to this group and thought they were fantastic.

These shows last year did suffer from coming off poorly in comparison to the aforementioned competing lucha event over at Royal Albert Hall with a line-up packed with top-name AAA and Lucha Underground stars, and I do reckon the biggest/most familiar names here have already been announced.

EDIT: I missed that Lady Apache is on the show too. She's some what of a name from the last couple of decades.

• Paid Members

Solid episode of LU this week. I'm no Sexy Star fan but that match was pretty darn great. Sexy screaming "FUCK YOU MARIPOSA!" while drenched in blood and the whole crowd going apeshit is probably going to be one of the better moments of the year.

Next week, Matanza vs Mil Muertes 2 in a GRAVER Consequences match! I can't even imagine how crazy it's going to be.

Benny, you seem to know your stuff...Is this going to be worth going to? I'm down the road, and "could be fun" is normally good enough, but is it likely we'll see other fairly well known names from the world of Lucha Libre?

Butch, I'm just about to give that Rush vs Maximo match a watch. Thanks for sharing. 

I went to two of the York Hall shows last year.  One was pretty poor, the other was great.  As Big Benny mentioned, the show at the Royal Albert Hall was fantastic, one of the best shows I've ever been to, but that was a different organisation.  If it's not far for you to travel it'd be well worth going.

I just love Dario, I've said it before on here but he's brilliant, first shot of the episode is him fixing his roof from last week, a little touch but fantastic, his demeanour in backstage interaction with sexy star and being dismissive of Chavo. He really is a great character.

And yeah, next week someone might well die.

I just love Dario, I've said it before on here but he's brilliant, first shot of the episode is him fixing his roof from last week, a little touch but fantastic, his demeanour in backstage interaction with sexy star and being dismissive of Chavo. He really is a great character.

And yeah, next week someone might well die.

Dario Cueto is my favourite wrestling-related character. Now, and perhaps of all-time. He's absolutely superb. 

Question...4 coffins? Why? Might Catrina and Mil/Dario and Matanza get shut inside? Or is it just to have one for each side of the ring, added to suspense? Either way, I'm intrigued. Their recent match was just what I expected (well, I don't think anyone expected the ending) but Graver Consequences will be immense. 

Sexy Star isn't exactly my favourite, but she's definitely showed something this week. 

Sexy screaming "FUCK YOU MARIPOSA!" while drenched in blood and the whole crowd going apeshit is probably going to be one of the better moments of the year.

Yes. That was brilliant. And subsequently, the crowd went even more crazy. 

I constantly say "I'm really looking forward to next week" but this time might be the most I've ever meant it. Mil vs Matanza is going to tear the roof off.

Archived