The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

I think one of the highest praises I can give the show that has not already been mentioned... It is a 45 minute show and it absolutely flew by. It just zoomed past, which is always a good sign that it is enjoyable. Just brilliant.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fun episode that was.

Action packed with great story telling throughout.

So many feuds were made or continued and the debut of Rey at the beginning and the Monster at the end were done to perfection.

Wish WWE would invest more time in slowly building up the debut of new or returning wrestlers.

Have to echo the love for the Aztec Warfare match, I thought it was tremendous and a definite Match of the Year candidate; though didn't like that Canadian Destroyer spot off the top. Just too dangerous, for me.

• Paid Members

Have to echo the love for the Aztec Warfare match, I thought it was tremendous and a definite Match of the Year candidate; though didn't like that Canadian Destroyer spot off the top. Just too dangerous, for me.

They've done it loads of times before so the wrestlers obviously don't think it's too dangerous. They seem to know what they're doing.

They've done it loads of times before so the wrestlers obviously don't think it's too dangerous. They seem to know what they're doing.

I'm hoping this is tongue-in-cheek. If WWE aren't doing it, there's a reason.

• Paid Members

I guess my point was that you don't actually know how dangerous it is because you're not a wrestler. Jack Evans has been doing mental moves like this every week for over 10 years without injury. He obviously knows how to do these moves safely.

• Paid Members

There is no 'safe' way, you can not remove the element of risk from a move like that. Guys like Jack are awesome bumpers and know what they're doing, but it only takes one mistake to break a neck. He takes the risk because he thinks the rewards are worth it, but it's not a smart way to work no matter how you look at it.

• Paid Members

Wrestlers have different ideas of working "smart". All that crazy shit is what Jack Evans made his name with, his skillset and how he makes a living so you could argue it wouldn't be smart for him to wrestle any other way.

I'm not even a big fan of Jack Evans. I just find it strange to dislike a move for being "too dangerous" when pretty much everything in wrestling carries a high risk of danger. Neville fucked his shin by just sliding on the mat. Everything is one mistake away from injury.

Archived