The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a main event, Mil looked like fucking Leatherface with half his mask hanging off, what a killer. Next week looks like it is going to be madness.

Love the Johnny Mundo stuff also, those workout vids crack me up.

Edit: I just re-watched bits of this show, what a fucking Wrestling show this was, Excitement in the first match and a title change, a brilliant main event that had everything I want to see in a big match, fantastic promo's and backstage segments, the introduction of Matanza, the minute he walked out of that crate I was thinking "I can't wait for Mil vs Matanza. The announcement that finally Rey wis coming next week. This might be the best overall Wrestling show I have watched so far this year.

• Paid Members

That main event was fucking lovely! Fenix getting the flukey pin was a great way to get the title off the unstoppable beast Mil Muertes and then to announce straight after that Fenix will have to defend his title against 19 other men (one of whom is Rey Mysterio!) and Mil Muertes is number 20...just wrestling perfection. I love wrestling being so unpredictable for once.

Also hopefully this is the last we see of the Disciples Of Death. 

Click here and all your (occasionally shonky) prayers will be answered

Or use this list (in air date order):

A hero amongst men. Thank you.

I just want to echo the love for the latest LU. I didn't enjoy the Chavo/Texano match so much, but everything else was great. I, too, cannot wait for Matanza to stand across from Mil. What a monster! Next week is going to be absolutely mental, and I can't wait.

In actual Lucha Libre news, CMLL's Elite brand (basically their promotion where they mix indy talent and people not normally allowed back to Arena Mexico) have signed a TV deal with TV Azteca, giving it national over the air coverage through Mexico. 

Coverage wise they automatically become number two after AAA. CMLL won't pay to be on Televisa which is why they dick around with cable channels nobody gets and are shown at random times. They could pay, but are too tight.

If you want to relate this to American indy wrestling, Konnan could end up here, and so could Lucha Underground talent too. If they pick here, then they're done with LU, unless Konnan's idea is to pinch the LU guys - Konnan might leave AAA, start with Elite and steal the LU connection from AAA. This is a possibility.

Luchablog has more-

Lucha Libre Elite gets the spot on Azteca7, is a real major league group now

Dario's on his way back to the Temple! I liked the look of the big dude, I just hope he can work at least a little.

This was a proper good episode, even Texano Jr was inoffensive this week and had a reasonably fun match with Chavo. Have they forgot about the one guy from the crew being a cop?

Was anyone else disappointed when we finally saw Dario Cuetos lucha monster?

I wasn't. He looks like a monster, and that's exactly what I expected. He looks like he could easily be bigger, in size, than Mil Muertes, and when you consider his size in comparison to most of the roster, Matanza is massive. 

I'm guessing with Dario on his way back that the undercover cop stuff will come back into it.

That's what I thought. I, too, had started to wonder about the undercover cop stuff, but I should think it'll all come back into the spotlight in the next few weeks. Dario coming back is what I've been waiting for. I love the character. 

Aztec Warfare is going to be brilliant!

Edit - Mil Muertes looks a lot less scary with his floppy hair hanging out of his mask. Like a weird, muscular Michael McIntyre. 

Last night's "Homenaje a Dos Leyendas"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUgdq8BkFrI

Homenaje a Dos Leyenda 2016, Lizmark & Salvador Lutteroth
1) Oro Jr. & Soberano Jr. vs El Cuatrero & Sansón
2) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Titán vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
3) Dragón Lee, Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Fujin, Kamaitachi, Okumura, Raijin
4) Rush vs Máximo Sexy [hair]
5) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Súper Porky vs Cibernético, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero
6) Volador Jr. vs Negro Casas [hair]

Said to be a very good show.

The opener is missing from Youtube:

Homenaje a Dos Leyenda 2016, Lizmark & Salvador Lutteroth

2) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Titán vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
3) Dragón Lee, Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Fujin, Kamaitachi, Okumura, Raijin
4) Rush vs Máximo Sexy [hair]
5) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Súper Porky vs Cibernético, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero
6) Volador Jr. vs Negro Casas [hair]

So we miss Soberano getting injured in the opener.

Archived