The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That was the most fun wrestling TV I've seen in years. Just incredible. Fuck a monthly PPV. LU doesn't need it. Career best performance from Johnny Mundo. Even Matt Striker was great. LU reminds me how fucking wonderful wrestling truly can be. They've got me excited for Alberto Del Rio vs John Morrisson which previously would have been some kind of Smackdown midcard hell.

Add me to the list when it comes to loving Puma/Mundo All Night Long . I quoted this in particular because with about 5 minutes to go, I started thinking along the lines of it being a career best performance from Mundo/Morrison. Does anything else come close?

The Catrina/Ivelisse/Mil vignette was insane - borderline lezzing to Shang Tsung soulstealing. Fxxxing brilliant.

Thought it was going to be a mediocre comedown episode after the stellar Puma/Mundo last week, but the Pentagon/Vampiro pullapart signalled a complete turnaround. Best use of "going to commercial" I've seen, THAT backstage skit, Mil going mental, and actual goosebumps at the showclosing staredown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Right. Is anyone else here going to either the York Hall Lucha shows that start tonight through Saturday, or the Royal Albert Hall one off show on Saturday night?

I feel that the York Hall shows are going to be the worst draws for wrestling there since RQW back in the day - there are now half price tickets available in pretty much all sections for the Saturday matinee I'm looking at attending before then going to the Royal Albert Hall afterwards. I still think I'm going though, as I'll be in London anyway.

The Albert Hall show will be the first time I've been there for anything, so I'm buzzing for that. PLUS I get to see Pentagon Jr vs Fenix, Drago & Sexy Star in a tag, etc. Lucha Underground in the house!

Cheers for that! I wasn't going to go tonight, but I am now. If only Lucha Future was half price. Those prices are insane. I'm going tonight and saturday afternoon to York Hall, and saturday night Royal Albert Hall.

Time Out offers have reduced tickets for the Royal Albert Hall show - https://uk-offers.timeout.com/deals/entertainment-lucha-libre

I'm looking forward to the RAH show - first time I've been there since the UFC show. I also went to, IIRC, two WWF shows at the Albert Hall - fantastic venue.

• Awards Moderator

If you don't listen to Austin's podcast, his Thursday show is an interview with Lucha Underground's exec producer Eric Van Wagenan. They cover how LU came about, scouting the venue, loads of background stuff. Really interesting.

• Paid Members

Cheers for that! I wasn't going to go tonight, but I am now. If only Lucha Future was half price. Those prices are insane. I'm going tonight and saturday afternoon to York Hall, and saturday night Royal Albert Hall.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on last night.

Cassius beat Metallico, Voodoo, Necrosis, Freddie Mercurio, Fug, El Nordico Fuego, Lagarta del Plata and Monito Aludor in a 'Chaos' match

Mascarita Sagrada beat Octagoncito

Carmen Rosa beat Elizabet la Roba Corazones

Ray Man and Magnifico beat Heddi Karaoui and Zumbi

Cassandro and El Hijo del Santo beat Angel Blaco, Jr and Dr Wagner, Jr.

Good show, but not on the level of Lucha Libre London. The Lucha Britannia match showed some great effort put into costumes and characters, but was an awful match. Anyone who thinks a 9 man free for all is a good idea is foolish to begin with. The minis match was rubbish too. The last two matches were tremendous though.

Archived