Calling all Gleeks

ThumpSquids

Ohhh, look at Surf hating on Glee for no reason.

I'm a fucking Gleek and proud. The music is quality, the storytelling that hits things that matter (like supporting the LGBT community, bullying and teenage pregnancy) is positive and Dianna Agron will one day be mine, even if I have to lock her up in a basement.

Ryan Murphy is fucking spot on IMO re musicians. If a band can't accept that Glee covering their song inspires people to learn to play / sing and that it'll make the band money on top of it, then they're selfish cunts indeed. Glee reaches a completely different demographic from the generic KOL demo, and they overlooked the positives.

With all this said, Ryan Murphy as a person is a cunt who plays the homophobic card at any opportunity and they focused on the gay relationship waaaaaay too much for my liking in S2.

this is stupid.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Ohhh, look at Surf hating on Glee for no reason.

I'm a fucking Gleek and proud. The music is quality, the storytelling that hits things that matter (like supporting the LGBT community, bullying and teenage pregnancy) is positive and Dianna Agron will one day be mine, even if I have to lock her up in a basement.

Ryan Murphy is fucking spot on IMO re musicians. If a band can't accept that Glee covering their song inspires people to learn to play / sing and that it'll make the band money on top of it, then they're selfish cunts indeed. Glee reaches a completely different demographic from the generic KOL demo, and they overlooked the positives.

With all this said, Ryan Murphy as a person is a cunt who plays the homophobic card at any opportunity and they focused on the gay relationship waaaaaay too much for my liking in S2.

Or maybe the musicians think the show is fucking dross and don't want to be involved because they might have better respect for themselves and don't actualy want the money (which in some case could label them as stupid, then again it's personal choice). In that case Ryan Murphy gets to be the musical Hitler and say anyone who doesn't jump on his bandwagon is a cunt. I think that's bullshit to be honest. The music is not quality, IMO Glee has single handedly managed to take incredibly classic songs and turn them into factory line kiddy whine-a-thons in which voices that shouldn't be singing the songs ruin them with painfully average autotuned voices. The show for my money single handedly destroyed any reputation Journey had for example and essentially made them to an army of morons as "aww that one hit wonder who did Small Town Boy".... yeah I've met Glee fans who don't know the fucking song titles. They did worse damage to Journey than the trafford center did the Don't Stop Me Now.

The blow jobbing of certain artists is fucking repugnant in alot of cases. The Madonna episode and the Rocky Horror ep where they fucked Richard O'Brien up the arse (NO Mumsy didn't like to see that) are fine examples of taking half decent (and in RH's case brilliant) pieces of work and just ramming them with an Edward Tudor Pole to sell more lunchboxes, karaoke cd's, notepads, shirts, dvd's and what not for there brand (there not idiots, the show was made to make money pie not be a genuinely good show). The characters and fucking horrific. The whiney bitch, the jock with the heart of gold, the bully with the voice of an angel, a random asian, a nerd in a wheelchair, GAY MAN and a bonny black lass who has 'attitude'... what a bunch of wank.

WA... ugh what's the point.

• Paid Members
Or maybe the musicians think the show is fucking dross and don't want to be involved because they might have better respect for themselves and don't actualy want the money (which in some case could label them as stupid, then again it's personal choice). In that case Ryan Murphy gets to be the musical Hitler and say anyone who doesn't jump on his bandwagon is a cunt. I think that's bullshit to be honest. The music is not quality, IMO Glee has single handedly managed to take incredibly classic songs and turn them into factory line kiddy whine-a-thons in which voices that shouldn't be singing the songs ruin them with painfully average autotuned voices. The show for my money single handedly destroyed any reputation Journey had for example and essentially made them to an army of morons as "aww that one hit wonder who did Small Town Boy".... yeah I've met Glee fans who don't know the fucking song titles. They did worse damage to Journey than the trafford center did the Don't Stop Me Now.

The blow jobbing of certain artists is fucking repugnant in alot of cases. The Madonna episode and the Rocky Horror ep where they fucked Richard O'Brien up the arse (NO Mumsy didn't like to see that) are fine examples of taking half decent (and in RH's case brilliant) pieces of work and just ramming them with an Edward Tudor Pole to sell more lunchboxes, karaoke cd's, notepads, shirts, dvd's and what not for there brand (there not idiots, the show was made to make money pie not be a genuinely good show). The characters and fucking horrific. The whiney bitch, the jock with the heart of gold, the bully with the voice of an angel, a random asian, a nerd in a wheelchair, GAY MAN and a bonny black lass who has 'attitude'... what a bunch of wank.

WA... ugh what's the point.

I didn't want to come in and straight out say I hate all the stereotype characters on it, but god do I hate them. It sounds awful on my part, but I can't bear the gay one, the sassy black one, the wheelchair one or the dumb blonde slutty teenage mum one. I don't dislike them because of who they are either, just that they're ramped up to 11 on whatever o'meter they're on and shoved in our faces.

I think the one about The RH Show is a fair showing of what performing arts kids are like with that film too.

My main problem with the program is how they suck all life and colour out of any track they cover, sanitizing it into a bland pop enema. Also, they made Journey cool again, and I was quite happy being the only person I knew who had ever heard Don't Stop Believin' :angry:

• Paid Members
My main problem with the program is how they suck all life and colour out of any track they cover, sanitizing it into a bland pop enema. Also, they made Journey cool again, and I was quite happy being the only person I knew who had ever heard Don't Stop Believin' :angry:

Any Way You Want It is the tune to go with anyway. Don't Stop Believin' has been forever ruined by that show and now nightclub DJ's.... AIDS all around.

• Paid Members

Yeah we used to play that at my mates all the time when we were getting trashed at his flat. We quietly fazed out once it got Glee'd.

In other Glee news, the 3D concert film has flopped in its opening week at the US box office. Opening outside the top ten.

Yeah we used to play that at my mates all the time when we were getting trashed at his flat. We quietly fazed out once it got Glee'd.

In other Glee news, the 3D concert film has flopped in its opening week at the US box office. Opening outside the top ten.

just about to post this

it opened in 11th place only taking $5.7 million. it cost $10 million to produce and will probably make its money back but im quite shocked by that. thought it would make much more

Story link

This 1000 times. The songs on the show are 100% auto-tuned gash versions of songs that were once decent. And I preferred it when I associated Don't Stop Believin' with the movie Monster.

• Paid Members
Any Way You Want It is the tune to go with anyway.

Remember Me is a lesser known, and absolutely corking, Journey song.

It's because everyone's too homophobic to go see it.

There aren't many things that I absolutely fucking detest but Glee is one of them. There's not one redeeming feature in my eyes, and absolutely everything about it just makes my blood boil. I don't know why but it makes me angry, it makes me sick, and I want to rape them all up the arse and stab them in the throats.

• Paid Members
There aren't many things that I absolutely fucking detest but Glee is one of them. There's not one redeeming feature in my eyes, and absolutely everything about it just makes my blood boil. I don't know why but it makes me angry, it makes me sick, and I want to rape them all up the arse and stab them in the throats.

it's forum ettiquette to sniff the knickers then return them to be honest mate... you're just being weird :p

This was my entry from the recent-ish Celebrity Twatlist

10. Glee- Yes its a TV show, but that's all it is, It isnt a life choice, it isnt something that is going to make you a better person, nor is it something that deserves any space on any TV channel at all ever. Oh look at the drama and the story its oh so important to life. Attracts a fan base that like to call themselves 'gleeks' Is this eras, Friends, Desperate Housewives, Sex and the City, Ally McBeal or whatever where people will follow blindly because it is camp, kitsch and American and will give them hope about everything. because they cant do it themselves and have to express themselves through the medium of TV and Song. Fuck off with that shit basically. People using a TV show to be their emotions really helps endears this show and everything around it to be on the twatlist.

Archived