RIOT!

big mickey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Awards Moderator
youve gotta be kidding me? thats the last thing our city needs is to get involved with this

Shit. Can I ask where you heard this Waters? Got a link or anything?

No link I'm afraid but my cousin who lives near Sefton Park just text me. Obviously not the most reliable source for strangers on here, but he's a decent lad and knows the area. He's saying it's rife with EDL but I don't know if that's hearsay or if he knows more. Will text him now and see if I can get any info.

It's noticeable that the Beeb haven't got any footage running later than about 8 o'clock, where Sky has. I'm on the case to find out why.

• Paid Members
It would depend on the context in which they were discussing it. If, in the middle of some paedophiles rampaging around London, someone goes "them paedophiles are bad sods, aren't they?" and said recogniser chimes in with "well actually, no, they're not bad sods. You see, it goes back to..." then yeah, they're trying to excuse it.

I didn't read anybody saying that the looters weren't bad, just that their badness isn't because "they're scum to the core, no two ways about it". I don't think recognising the roots of the problem means you're eschewing completely addressing the symptoms either.

To paraphrase Loki and LaGoosh, you can simultaneously recognise society's ills and still recognise that these looters are wankers. Being brought up in a shithole might be a contributing factor, but it's no excuse, and constantly presenting it in the context of solving the current problem is pointless. This time next week, we can build some youth clubs and music studios for the looter's little brother who hasn't ransacked a Curry's yet. In the meantime, citing reasons society is to blame is just intellectual masturbation.

Again, though, I honestly don't think that's what Whiskey and bobbins were saying - nobody as far as I could see was presenting the causes as an excuse, nor the re-building of community as a means of solving the crisis right now. And it's not masturbation to cite the reasons; people need to remember the lessons they're supposed to learn from history, or it's just going to happen all over again.

Getting me some wrestling figures from the nearest Argos, you lazy sod.

I got there too late; there's nothing but Yoshi Tatsu and Christian left :(

any arson runs that risk on a massive scale, no justifying it, regardless of age, education or level of responsibility

Good thing I wasn't justifying it, then.

Which are the two sides in the "Us vs. Them"? Looters and police?

In the context of the discussion between Van Dammer and myself, it's between the police and the public in general. And I'm sure you know this.

• Paid Members
No link I'm afraid but my cousin who lives near Sefton Park just text me. Obviously not the most reliable source for strangers on here, but he's a decent lad and knows the area. He's saying it's rife with EDL but I don't know if that's hearsay or if he knows more. Will text him now and see if I can get any info.

Much obliged.

cheers mate, appreciate it

I think there's a vast majority of the UK public who would position themselves firmly on any side that opposed the rioting cunts right now. As I've said earlier in the thread, if the police/army don't start to come down physically hard on these fuckers soon, the people will.

Do you reckon? I think the only reason the looters have such numbers is gang mentality. I can't imagine a general public vigilante mob centralising in enough numbers to take them on.

• Paid Members
Do you reckon? I think the only reason the looters have such numbers is gang mentality. I can't imagine a general public vigilante mob centralising in enough numbers to take them on.

I agree, but just imagine what fucking sensational news footage that would make.

Not right now no, but what if this happens over the course of a week? There will be a point where people have enough of seeing their country pulled down to shit.

• Paid Members

Its been reported that european shop keepers have been fighting back. Im pretty sure that there is a canny few shops in London.