Curb Your Enthusiasm

Vice

I love it. I'd had it recommended to me for a long time, but just assumed I wouldn't like it, but eventually gave it a chance and realised how wrong I was. I haven't seen all the episodes, probably seen about 2/3 of them. Can't think of a favourite episode, but it's a tremendous show. My least favourite episodes have been the Seinfeld reunion series of shows though.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Decided to give it a go when Sky Atlantic started and it's now among my favourite comedy series. I had been watching it on Atlantic pace but my brother bought me the box set for my birthday last week so I've sorted my day off next week.

Only up to a point in the third series so far but highlights have been "Beloved Cunt", the final scene in the tourette's chef episode and the Shaq episode in general.

On a side note, buying a box set of something you've never seen and throwing it out because you didn't enjoy the first three episodes is a bit daft. Like when Homer Simpson used to throw stuff on the fire all the time.

• Paid Members

And using the reason of that the situations the character in a comedy series found himself in were too contrived is ridiculous. It's not a documentary on Larry David, the situations are meant to be contrived and unrealistic. What comedies aren't a load of contrived situations?

"Beloved cunt" is the one that gets me every time. That and the lines everyone comes out with at the end of the last episode of season 3. I'm watching at Sky Atlantic pace at the moment and I'm really not taken by season 4 so far. I'm almost ready to give up because I haven't enjoyed the last few episodes :(

"Beloved cunt" is the one that gets me every time. That and the lines everyone comes out with at the end of the last episode of season 3. I'm watching at Sky Atlantic pace at the moment and I'm really not taken by season 4 so far. I'm almost ready to give up because I haven't enjoyed the last few episodes :(

It gets better if I remember correctly.

The series with the Blacks is my favourite. Leon is pure gold. "Get in that ass Larry" :laugh:

• Paid Members
Anyone watched the first episode of the new series last night?

Loved it, personally.

Yeah. Good start to the new season. They could have made three episodes out of it though, all with great potential. Larry David trying to tell the girl how to use a tampon was an instant classic.

Oh and Susie going mental about a divorce had me chuckling.

• Paid Members

One of my favourite shows, I've got all every series & can watch them repeatedly. Love Crayzee Eyes Killer & the episode where he dates the woman in the wheelchair. Leon is amazing 'Joe Pepitone up in this motherfucker'.

"Autumn" apparently.

On More4 I hope? I'm sick of bastard Sky Atlantic stealing everything and victimising us Virgin Media customers.

Anyway, Curb is one of those TV programmes that, no matter how miserable or fed up I'm feeling, always seems to cheer me up when I put it on. I think Larry David said something similar about the theme tune - that it's literally impossible to hear that music and take anything seriously.

Likewise, whenever I get into potentially embarrassing situations at work or socially these days, I can't help but think of it in the context of a Larry David moment, and I inevitably end up laughing about it. I accidentally upset a highly-strung child at a BBQ last year when I inadvertently laughed at some song lyrics she had written which contained themes of mild terrorism. While a lot of the other adults rushed about trying to get her to come out of the toilet she had locked herself in crying, me and my mate just couldn't keep a straight face thinking of how Larry-esque the situation was.

Archived