Insane Crowd Reactions

hbknhhh

My mate came round today and we were watching some wrestling clips on youtube and we came across the HHH return in 2002 at MSG .. and it got us into finding huge pops and crowd reactions .. IMO this is the loudest pop i have ever heard from a crowd yet the Hogan response in montreal in 2002 was very close and was amazing..

Please Post moments on here where the crowd has been electric and the response has been fantastic ...

Discuss ....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As a mark for anything Dean Malenko-in-WcW, I'm particularly partial to THIS.

I quite like that the fans start going mental as soon as Juvi eliminates himself. They know.

And if I'm bringing up WcW, it would be criminal not to mention

Absolutely rabid.

OH, and FUCK 2002, Hunter coming back this year. Sheer unbridled joy. Magnified by the fact that I can't remember an eruption like that for ages.

• Paid Members

That one was brilliant. Watching it on the night is something I'll always remember. It was a night long storyline, similar to the Survivor Series 98 as well. Foley wanted a title shot. Vince did a brilliant job of laughing at the thought of it, but said he could be in the Rumble if he beat Triple H. Triple H beat him, but give special ref Shane McMahon a kicking and left him to Mankind who damanded a title shot or he'd snap his shoulder. Then Austin returned and Foley won the belt. The show built and built and built and then we got a return of Austin who we hadnt seen for weeks. They dont make them like that anymore.

Bret Hart doesn't interrupt Shawn Michaels in Montreal, from 2005. That place went MENTAL.

The reaction for The Hurricane in this match was pretty awesome, but then this is one of my favourite matches ever (legit). Will try and find the exact time later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQs1VD6eYN8

Of course, Bulldog winning the IC title from Bret (whether he wanted to or not) is a huge reaction.

My favourite big pop is the one where Austin returns at Backlash 2000, you know he's on his way, but the moment that glass smashes, just pandemonium. Gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. Also Taker returning at Judgement Day 2000, once the crowd realise it's him, just an amazing ovation.

There's two that spring to mind for me right now, both relatively recent british matches, so I'm sure I'll be laughed at..

But firstly, the IPW show in 2009 when the LDRS first took the tag belts from the thrillers, the place went fucking mental, and it was a genuine pleasure to be there to witness it.

Secondly, the Andre Baker tribute show in Maidstone a few weeks ago.. Completely random, but when Jon Ryan came out, the heat was absolutely ridiculous. Was good to see a crowd that wasn't just composed of IWC types and 'smart' fans.. Instead it was a pretty big family style audience but the hatred that Jon Ryan got out of the crowd was fantastic, made me realise just how good a simple storyline-free face/heel match can be.

If we're going for more mainstream stuff, Cena coming out at ONS 2. Loved the hate for him, but more than anything it made me love Cena for how well he dealt with it and worked the crowd. Awesome.

Archived