Insane Crowd Reactions

hbknhhh

• Paid Members

Sometimes giving people what they want and making it obvious is the best thing. Insane reaction.

still gives me goosebumps

Same here. One of my favourite moments in wrestling. First time I'd seen Taz and he instantly became my favourite that night.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Great shouts for the most part here. Mankind winning the big one with Austins return is the ultimate. An incredible pop and the most feel good moment I've probably ever known in wrestling. It's just like everybody was loving it and was over the moon about it.

Surprised Eddie beating Brock hasn't been mentioned, the closest contender to feel good moment to the above one.

One of my favourite crowd reactions is from the absolutely dynamite 5 on 5 Raw main event, DX and The Radicals vs The Rock, Cactus Jack, Rikishi and Too Cool. The crowd are busting their nuts throughout this match, but then it was topped by the aftermath. Kane returns. Looking as badass as ever. The pop when Bearer appears from the darkness in the red jacket and they realise...and that incredible music intro hits. Brilliant. That moment always makes me feel an opportunity was missed to make Kane an absolute super-massive megastar.

• Paid Members

That was great. Back when we didnt know what was going to happen and anything could happen. Must have been a culture shock for the Radicalz. WCW was as low it could get as far as the crowd reactions went, and in early 2000, Raw was like a cauldron in every arena they went to. In January 2000, everyone seemed to be over. They had about 5 tag teams who the fans were hugly into, the IC mid-uppercard ranks were filled with talent and the main event scene was star-ridden. Even the Hardcore Division was mega popular.

• Paid Members

On a britwres level this one but having just seen the GPW Live and Let Die show, the pop for Bin Mann first match especially the finish is absolutely insane. People are going apeshit over it.

• Paid Members
hogan vs rock wm 18

I see your WrestleMania and I raise you this:

but does anyone remember a SmackDown! that Hogan appeared on shortly before Judgment Day 2002? Obviously with the taped reaction it was easier to manipulate for effect, but I was floored at the time by the reaction he got. 10 minute ovation, easily. When they went to an ad break, then came back and they were STILL cheering, it was a brilliant touch. If you ever need to remember just how big a deal Hulk Hogan is, find that clip ('cause I can't).

This is the one I came on to say. It was Hogan's first appearance after his WrestleMania match with The Rock and the fans just went mental. It's no wonder Vince decided to put the belt on him. We got some good matches out of Hogan during that time period, it's a shame we didn't get a few more.

Actually while i'm on the subject of The Invasion and massive pops:

This was the very first thing that came to mind when I read this thread. Again I think the video doesn't do justice to the reaction, but I do remember this as some of the greatest wrestling TV I have ever seen. I know Vince says he "makes movies" and the sight of WCW and ECW overwhelming the WWF when the hero of the piece arrives and walks through the enemies picking them off and then turning it all in favour felt like something out of a great action film. All that was missing was explosions going off all around him while he just kept walking without even blinking.

Two spring to mind that have not been mentioned, Stone Cold winning the 2001 Royal Rumble. Not a prolonged pop from what I remember but that instant scream as Kane goes over the point of no return is deafening.

The other is from 2001 as well during the Benoit/ Jericho Vs Austin Feud on Smackdown when they are in Benoits home town and the crowed chant for both of them for almost 10 mins solid before they start talking

This was the very first thing that came to mind when I read this thread. Again I think the video doesn't do justice to the reaction, but I do remember this as some of the greatest wrestling TV I have ever seen. I know Vince says he "makes movies" and the sight of WCW and ECW overwhelming the WWF when the hero of the piece arrives and walks through the enemies picking them off and then turning it all in favour felt like something out of a great action film. All that was missing was explosions going off all around him while he just kept walking without even blinking.

So much of Austin's aura is down to JR. JR goes absolutely batshit mental in that video, it's some quite extraordinary commentary.

That moment was fucking insane and i'm ashamed to say that i didn't think of that ... i'm not one of these pesimistic people about the current wwe or a john cena hater but you cannot disagree that a reaction like that has happened since the "attitude" era, the crowd are absolutely buzzing and austin just sells it so well ..

Archived