Insane Crowd Reactions

hbknhhh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

The Montreal reaction has already been mentioned (that was on RAW, right?), but does anyone remember a SmackDown! that Hogan appeared on shortly before Judgment Day 2002? Obviously with the taped reaction it was easier to manipulate for effect, but I was floored at the time by the reaction he got. 10 minute ovation, easily. When they went to an ad break, then came back and they were STILL cheering, it was a brilliant touch. If you ever need to remember just how big a deal Hulk Hogan is, find that clip ('cause I can't).

I don't know if it qualifies strictly speaking, but the reactions to Undertaker from 96-98 where the arena would light up with thousands of lighters as his music hit is always an awe-inspiring image. Definite goosebump material.

And can we count indies? The reaction CM Punk got on his final ROH show in August 05 is definitely worthy of inclusion here. From the deafening banging on the barriers to his music, to the streamers, to everything else - it was a perfect send-off for him. If I'm honest, I bought the DVD just to see it.

• Paid Members
The Montreal reaction has already been mentioned (that was on RAW, right?), but does anyone remember a SmackDown! that Hogan appeared on shortly before Judgment Day 2002? Obviously with the taped reaction it was easier to manipulate for effect, but I was floored at the time by the reaction he got. 10 minute ovation, easily. When they went to an ad break, then came back and they were STILL cheering, it was a brilliant touch. If you ever need to remember just how big a deal Hulk Hogan is, find that clip ('cause I can't).

WWE should exlusively promote in Canada. The best and loudest fans are from Canada. Its usually great when they are there.

• Awards Moderator

WWE should exlusively promote in Canada. The best and loudest fans are from Canada. Its usually great when they are there.

Thanks for the link, Ian. Turns out the Montreal one and the SmackDown one were in fact the same thing. My bad memory.

You're right about Canada, anyway. I think that might even be my favourite Hogan moment. I also love the fact that, for all their faults, WWE announcers (and/or the voices in their ears) know when to shut up and just let things speak for themselves.

• Paid Members
And can we count indies? The reaction CM Punk got on his final ROH show in August 05 is definitely worthy of inclusion here.

My favourite ROH one is where Homicide's mucis hits in the ROH vs CZW cage of death match

I'm partial to the National Guard Armory busting its collective nuts when Austin Aries pins Joe. Well, the sustained orgasm that lasts from Joe finally going overhead for the brainbuster to a good while after the (elongated) ringing of the bell. A truly outstanding torch-passing given how loved Joe was, but they go crazy for his conquerer. The king is dead, long live the king.

Thanks for the link, Ian. Turns out the Montreal one and the SmackDown one were in fact the same thing. My bad memory.

You're right about Canada, anyway. I think that might even be my favourite Hogan moment. I also love the fact that, for all their faults, WWE announcers (and/or the voices in their ears) know when to shut up and just let things speak for themselves.

I should have made it clearer that in my post the hogan montreal pop was the one when he was part of the NWO.. that ovation was insane .. yet when HBK did his 2005 promo in montreal the pop for Bret and Hogan were both pretty special and you really did wanna see them come down and give Shawn what for!

I'll second the HHH returning in 2011 post too .. that was the best pop since 2002 and made the fued set alight from the very off ...

• Paid Members
the IPW show in 2009 when the LDRS first took the tag belts from the thrillers, the place went fucking mental, and it was a genuine pleasure to be there to witness it.

Men hugged...Babies were thrown in the air...I'm pretty sure people cried that day...

Wouldn't say exclusively Canada, but certainly the North East as well. A shed loads of the reactions shared in this thread were from the MSG, and the fans are usually passionate there (admittedly the Santino match was a pop for the sport teams).

• Paid Members
the IPW show in 2009 when the LDRS first took the tag belts from the thrillers, the place went fucking mental, and it was a genuine pleasure to be there to witness it.

Men hugged...Babies were thrown in the air...I'm pretty sure people cried that day...

Loved this moment, but it didn't come close to JC Thunder winning the IPW:UK title in Orpington in 2007...

Archived