WWE Raw - Power To The People Night

ChapManiA

• Paid Members

I've saw him live at an All Star show and he made me pay 5 quid for a backstage pass and a pen to meet him backstage. Thats shows his obvious drawing power. People are forgetting, he squashed little Evan. Even if the vote was fucked up, he was still made to look like the man last Monday. The commentators made him sound like the man. He's got a win on the board, and CM Punk is fucking off soon. So hopefully he's gone from Nexus and the big man can do his own thing.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you dont believe the voting went wrong and Mason Ryan genuinely did win a public vote in PG Era WWE against a new, exciting, colourful face?

Absolutely - after all, Mason Ryan is new and exciting too. He may not be a 'face' but the WWE universe isn't 100% behind face characters anyway. Look at Randy Orton, who has a lot of heelish characteristics, and even going back to Austin. They boo the shit out of John Cena who is your squeaky clean 'face' character.

Plus a big man/little man match is way more interesting than sticking two random face spot monkeys against each other.

It's a very clever move on WWE's part to do what they've done on the website, and I'm impressed that they've worked so many people.

So you dont believe the voting went wrong and Mason Ryan genuinely did win a public vote in PG Era WWE against a new, exciting, colourful face?

Absolutely - after all, Mason Ryan is new and exciting too. He may not be a 'face' but the WWE universe isn't 100% behind face characters anyway. Look at Randy Orton, who has a lot of heelish characteristics, and even going back to Austin. They boo the shit out of John Cena who is your squeaky clean 'face' character.

Plus a big man/little man match is way more interesting than sticking two random face spot monkeys against each other.

It's a very clever move on WWE's part to do what they've done on the website, and I'm impressed that they've worked so many people.

Wow ok, I dont see how Mason Ryan is exciting and the only times heels really become popular to the adult WWE audience is when they are edgy or different, Mason Ryan is neither, he waddles around like a barrel and cant work.

Adults boo John Cena because hes lame and has an awful personality. Sin Cara probably appeals to all fans as whilst he makes mistakes he is still exciting, ESPECIALLY to kids who are the main audience these days. Theres no way that Ryan would beat Cara in a genuine poll, it was clearly an error.

• Paid Members
Theres no way that Ryan would beat Cara in a genuine poll, it was clearly an error.

The Welsh are far more likable than Mexicans though. Tom Jones has never had the shits drinking from the tap at his Mam's house. And I cant imagine he's ever almost broke his neck on a trampoline before. Maybe people just dont like his daft mask and Born Slippy style.

Wow ok, I dont see how Mason Ryan is exciting and the only times heels really become popular to the adult WWE audience is when they are edgy or different, Mason Ryan is neither, he waddles around like a barrel and cant work.

Adults boo John Cena because hes lame and has an awful personality. Sin Cara probably appeals to all fans as whilst he makes mistakes he is still exciting, ESPECIALLY to kids who are the main audience these days. Theres no way that Ryan would beat Cara in a genuine poll, it was clearly an error.

Was Batista really that different when he started out? Nope, but people got behind him once he was paired with HHH and led up to the turn. Mason Ryan has clearly gained crowd support in his short time, and I really feel that it's because the WWE Universe want him to break out of Nexus and turn against Punk.

Considering New Nexus is made up of The Genesis Of McGuillicutty and David Otunga, it's hardly a surprise that the audience has chosen to get behind Mason Ryan in that faction is it? He doesn't have much competition. And everyone wants to see Punk get taken down, he's a fantastic heel and great at his job, and Ryan is clearly the strongest threat to him.

I think a lot of people - ESPECIALLY WWE - are overestimating Sin Cara's popularity. Yes, he was great in Mexico, but bringing him in with his 5 flashy moves and 1000 variations of arm drags doesn't mean the WWE Universe are going to accept him when there's Rey Mysterio on the roster. It's John Cena Syndrome all over again - shove him down our throats, and people turn against him. Women and kids may love Sin Cara, but that doesn't mean the WHOLE audience likes him.

I absolutely believe that a huge part of the WWE Universe simply didn't care about Jack Swagger, and refuse to accept Sin Cara as the 'next big thing,' seeing Mason Ryan as a more physically impressive specimen, and someone that can work hard and improve greatly. Everyone's seen what Sin Cara has to offer, but there's HUGE untapped potential in Mason Ryan.

Im not arguing whether Mason has talent, I really dont know although I cant see any. I just dont see how you can say hes gained popularity and more than the companies latest face whos completely different to the rest of the roster. To the point where I wouldnt be surprised at any point if Mason gets released in the next 12 months.

I think youre also missing that by WWE admitting that voting went wrong it is massive egg on their faces, its also bad PR as they were charging people to vote.

The company's latest face who is completely different to the rest of the roster? He's like a smaller more useless version of Rey Mysterio, and that's pretty clear to everyone. Plus he wrestles in blue light ffs. Who wants to see that?

Seriously, Mason will NOT be released. He has the potential to be the next Batista, or even Hulk Hogan if they protect him correctly going forward.

WWE can afford to financially ride this storyline through. It's a huge risk yes, but it's something completely different for them, and I admire them for trying to work the fans by saying the voting system didn't work.

What's more 'egg on their face' exactly - a voting system not working, or their audience turning against their latest pet project? I'm sure HHH was shitting himself during Raw when Mason Ryan beat Sin Cara.

The company's latest face who is completely different to the rest of the roster? He's like a smaller more useless version of Rey Mysterio, and that's pretty clear to everyone. Plus he wrestles in blue light ffs. Who wants to see that?

Seriously, Mason will NOT be released. He has the potential to be the next Batista, or even Hulk Hogan if they protect him correctly going forward.

WWE can afford to financially ride this storyline through. It's a huge risk yes, but it's something completely different for them, and I admire them for trying to work the fans by saying the voting system didn't work.

What's more 'egg on their face' exactly - a voting system not working, or their audience turning against their latest pet project? I'm sure HHH was shitting himself during Raw when Mason Ryan beat Sin Cara.

:cry: Im giving up on this one.

The press release was obviously just done to brainwash the sort of marks who think the wellness policy is legit as well. Trying to make people care about Sin Cara by telling them other people care about Sin Cara. They might as well have a "Did You Know?" graphic saying "Sin Cara won 90% of the votes really" on Raw next week. The only people who'll believe it are the people who believe all that sort of shite.

The press release was obviously just done to brainwash the sort of marks who think the wellness policy is legit as well. Trying to make people care about Sin Cara by telling them other people care about Sin Cara. They might as well have a "Did You Know?" graphic saying "Sin Cara won 90% of the votes really" on Raw next week. The only people who'll believe it are the people who believe all that sort of shite.

And that's exactly what's wrong with WWE at the moment.

I said that it's John Cena Syndrome earlier, but the truth is that Cara isn't anywhere near Cena's league, and so they can't even get the heated duelling chants or anything.

They've managed to turn the WWE Universe on Sin Cara before he even got over properly.

And that's exactly what's wrong with WWE at the moment.

I said that it's John Cena Syndrome earlier, but the truth is that Cara isn't anywhere near Cena's league, and so they can't even get the heated duelling chants or anything.

They've managed to turn the WWE Universe on Sin Cara before he even got over properly.

Oh, you were winding me up. Man, do I feel stupid.

Archived