WWE Raw - Power To The People Night

ChapManiA

In light of these unfortunate technical problems, WWE apologizes to our fans, Superstars and Divas affected by this situation. Furthermore, to make it up to you, the WWE Universe, high-flyers Evan Bourne and Sin Cara will meet in the ring, live next Monday night on Raw!

Credit>WWE.com

WWE really do think backwards sometimes, when Cara debuted, a match with Bourne should have been identified as a decent feud and something to build towards a PPV match, instead it'll be given away on TV. In the age where original and novel matches are few and far between it seems a shame they dont give a shit.

EDIT: One good thing about this though is that it shows WWE probably did do something genuine, actually letting the public decide and not knowing what results are until they are slapped up on screen is pretty bold for them, well these days anyway.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EDIT: One good thing about this though is that it shows WWE probably did do something genuine, actually letting the public decide and not knowing what results are until they are slapped up on screen is pretty bold for them, well these days anyway.

Apart from Barry winning the vote though, it probably proves many people right in that fans shouldn't be choosing how to book stuff. Follow up a badly received PPV by choosing some of the shittiest options possible? Great, well done voting public.

But with Punk leaving, they're gonna have to fast track a HHH/Batista-like storyline between him and Barry before MITB.

This sounds like a classic "higher power" style Vince storyline to get Mason Ryan over huge as a sympathetic babyface. Great idea! Of course, he'll need to squash Sin Cara like a bug on PPV for it to work, but I'd definitely watch that.

Thinking about it a bit more, it's not actually that surprising that Mason Ryan won the vote.

For a start, no one likes Jack Swagger, so he was never going to win.

Secondly, most of Sin Cara's fans either don't speak English, don't have phones, or have probably gone off him.

Mason Ryan is alligned with CM Punk who is very popular with the Internet crowd, and he's very well known for his stint on Gladiators. I know thousands of people watched that show all around the world, so I think he's fondly remembered for that. Plus everyone is always harping on about giving newbies a chance, so why not let Ryan show everyone what he's got?

I don't get why some people are so adamant that Cara would've won the vote. I mean he's only big in Mexico or wherever he came from. Gladiators has a far bigger following WORLDWIDE.

Thinking about it a bit more, it's not actually that surprising that Mason Ryan won the vote.

Secondly, most of Sin Cara's fans either don't speak English, don't have phones, or have probably gone off him.

Mason Ryan is alligned with CM Punk who is very popular with the Internet crowd, and he's very well known for his stint on Gladiators. I know thousands of people watched that show all around the world, so I think he's fondly remembered for that. Plus everyone is always harping on about giving newbies a chance, so why not let Ryan show everyone what he's got?

I don't get why some people are so adamant that Cara would've won the vote. I mean he's only big in Mexico or wherever he came from. Gladiators has a far bigger following WORLDWIDE.

so the wwe.com saying the votes where messed up is a work and Ryan did win?

Yeah despite almost everybody else on the internet cried bullshit when he won the vote and the fact if somehow Sin Cara did lose the vote it would of been Swagger to take the win as nobody cares about Ryan and the best thing he's got going for him is that he has a slight resemblance to Batista.

It obvious the votes were messed up and WWE had by law admit to it as now they have got to refund everybody to texted a vote.

Though as it was a backlog of votes the number of votes Kelly Kelly really got must of been amazing

Yeah despite almost everybody else on the internet cried bullshit when he won the vote and the fact if somehow Sin Cara did lose the vote it would of been Swagger to take the win as nobody cares about Ryan and the best thing he's got going for him is that he has a slight resemblance to Batista.

It obvious the votes were messed up and WWE had by law admit to it as now they have got to refund everybody to texted a vote.

Though as it was a backlog of votes the number of votes Kelly Kelly really got must of been amazing

i dont really see the resemblance to Batista other then being a big guy. Even if he wasnt ment to be wrestling as a top wrestler shouldnt he be able to come up with a half decent match on the fly or even a simple match

i dont really see the resemblance to Batista other then being a big guy. Even if he wasnt ment to be wrestling as a top wrestler shouldnt he be able to come up with a half decent match on the fly or even a simple match

But he's not a top wrestler...

But he's not a top wrestler...

well as a wrestler in the top wrestling company in the world he should be able to come up with a match on the fly

i honestly think wwe just don't care anymore and Vince is losing passion for the business :(

12 years i have watched wrestling and raw this week actuly killed my soul a little

are you honestly trying to tell me people didnt want a fucking class match in Evan bourne vs sin Cara ??

the only 2 saving graces on raw are the miz and r-truth (i honestly think he could eventually hold a title but fuck has he got to work)

i honestly think wwe just don't care anymore and Vince is losing passion for the business :(

12 years i have watched wrestling and raw this week actuly killed my soul a little

are you honestly trying to tell me people didnt want a fucking class match in Evan bourne vs sin Cara ??

the only 2 saving graces on raw are the miz and r-truth (i honestly think he could eventually hold a title but fuck has he got to work)

People did want Bourne vs Sin Cara but the votes were messed up...

People did want Bourne vs Sin Cara but the votes were messed up...

no vince wants to push the meat heads instead of giving the fans wrestling :(

The voting system was clearly flawed right from the beginning.

I mean who actually wants to see Kelly Kelly IN A MATCH anyway? Fuck off.

Seriously, the only right vote was that Mason Ryan won, and showed that Vince's faith in him is justified.

Many of you would be surprised at how loyal Gladiator fans are all around the world. Ever followed Gina whatsherface in womens MMA? Yep, GLADIATOR right there.

Ever seen how many people queue up to meet Wolf when he appears at the gym? I've seen photos where they queue round the block.

I know the 'new' series didn't last nearly as long as the originals, but it's a show that grabs people immediately. No wonder TNA got their own gladiator, and I bet if they had a Power To The People event then Brutus Magnus would absolutely win.

I mean who actually wants to see Kelly Kelly IN A MATCH anyway? Fuck off.

You would be surprised how popular Kelly is on Facebook and WWE.com chat she was buy far the most popular vote I think she sucks and really can't stand to watch her but there is no denying she is popular with most of the fans

Archived