WWE Raw - Power To The People Night

ChapManiA

The only problem is taking the tile from Punk that way would get Del Rio a big face reaction and he would have to work really hard over the following weeks to be as hated again.

Punk will probably be over as a face that night due to him being in Chicago and his opponent being John Cena.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raw was okay for what it was but the problem is I say that every week and the reason I say that every week is because it just feels like the same show every week, even the "Power of the People" thing this week didn't make it seem entirely different from last week, which is ironic as I was really looking forward to it thinking it would make the show feel different, I had visions of it being quite like Cyber Sunday/Taboo Tuesday and I decided to stay up as I thought I'd be able to vote online. After an hour I decided to go to bed and record the rest as it still felt similar to last week and the whole "Power of the People" thing was a con as it wasn't "Power of the People", it was a let's get some money out of anyone in the US who will pay for texts to vote for what they want out of these choices, which meant a lot of people had no "power" at all as WWE once stood for WORLD Wrestling Entertainment but only people in the US had the power to vote, if they decided to pay for each text anyway.

Anyway, echoing everyone on here CM Punk was the only fresh, good thing on Raw this week and now he's said his contract is up and he's leaving, I just hope that's part of a storyline and I hope that he does win the Title and take it away with him and stays away for a few weeks before something happens to bring him back and defend it.

To be fair I did have high hopes for the Kofi and Ziggler match but when the first fall took place in a commercial break it made me think that the match didn't really mean much if they were doing things like that, then the end just pretty much summed up that what I was thinking was right as it just seemed like a cop out having it as a DQ.

Kelly Kelly winning the Title should have been a big deal but it wasn't which if I were in WWE I'd be worried about, especially when one of your commentators says she's a former Champion looking to win back the gold and then when she wins it he says it's her first Title win!

I was in the WWE.com live chat last night and they were running their own polls for the various matches. Sin Cara polled 90% to face Evan Bourne. Its shocking to think that the txt vote could be so different. I feel all the votes were rigged. Remember that Vince likes Mason Ryan, so it made sense that they'd have him win the vote by a landslide as viewers then think 'Wow, Mason is a big deal, people want to see him wrestle'

Paperbag on a poll match for Daniel Bryan vs Cody was also very popular but missed out by loads in the txt vote, as did over the over the top rope match choice between Kane and Mark Henry AND Vicki to be banned from Ringside in the U.S title match.

The WWE.com staff in the chat were even questioning the validity of the voting. Twitter was buzzing with calls of FIX!

Vicki vs Michael Cole in a dance off was total crap. They could have made time to feature a certain Zack Ryder.

This has to be one of the worst periods in WWE that I can ever remember. There seems to be no effort by creative to make us care about what we are watching. Why no mic time for people like Evan Bourne and Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston, that would help to make them seem more interesting.

Arrrrgh!

Its not surprise, WWE is afraid of spontaneity and anything outside of the box these days, scared to do anything unscripted or practised. its a shame because its when they've gone against these things its when they've done decent work. Its a little bit sad seeing what RAW is like these days and remembering what it was like when I used to watch as a kid.

• Paid Members

I've not watched a single episode of Raw, Smackdown or TNA for about 3 weeks now and I can't say I miss it. Then I read these threads and the results and I'm kinda glad I don't watch it.

I've not watched a single episode of Raw, Smackdown or TNA for about 3 weeks now and I can't say I miss it. Then I read these threads and the results and I'm kinda glad I don't watch it.

definately watch the TNA that airs on Challenge tonight, its a cracker!

Update on the voting error

Text Vote Screws Sin Cara

WWE apologizes to the WWE Universe, Raw's "Power to the People" voters, and especially Sin Cara and Evan Bourne. The match vote was skewed by a heavy backlog of votes from the Divas Title Match. More details on WWE.com throughout the day.

Credit>WWE.com

WWE apologizes to the WWE Universe, Raw's "Power to the People" voters, and especially Sin Cara and Evan Bourne. The match vote was skewed by a heavy backlog of votes from the Divas Title Match. More details on WWE.com throughout the day.

Credit>WWE.com

The WWE.COM live chat staff were pointing out that 'B' kept winning many of the votes last night and said it must be a backlog carrying over.

As I wrote earlier in the thread, many of the unofficial polls on wwe.com had massive majorities for stipulations that didn't win.

Technical errors occurred in some of the voting results during last night's "Power to the People" edition of Monday Night Raw. Details will be updated on WWE.com throughout the day.

Credit>WWE Facebook

aye it was the paper bag match lmao

anyways christian, r truth and miz segemnt had me in stitches *JIMMY

I would love to see CM Punk walk away from MITB with the title and do a hole i screwed over the wwe routine.... and i actually think its plausible, punk winning and taking the belt with him would suit the internet and mark fanbase.... and then you could have cena doing the whole im getting it back for the WWE and the WWE Fans schtick.... that would appeal to the families and cena loving kids..... and still portray Cena's superman "i am WWE" thing.

However i feel Punk wants to leave, he will get one more title reign and it will last for about 2 minutes when teh Raw MITB winner cashes in... Punk leaves, WWE still has their belt and cena has time off, everyone is happy

First RAW I have watched in a long while.

After coming of what I thought was the match of the night at the PPV, Punk was the only thing worth watching on RAW for me. So much so that I tuned out when he won that triple threat, I know Cena is over and appeals to the kiddies, but I just have no interest in him or Orton. I will watch in the upcoming weeks as I am sure I will enjoy the Punk vs Cena feud. Punk is just gold on the mic and for the past two nights he has been gold in the ring.

I was suprised to see Christian not over as a heel, I had not seen him since turning heel and the fans seemed confused and indifferent to him at Capital Punishment and RAW. It is a shame because he was monster over last time I saw him at Extreme Rules.

If Punk leaves after the next PPV I doubt I will watch WWE TV again until Mania season, they have a lot of good talent but shows are so lifeless and boring. The creative team and the overexposure of their two most pushed stars in Orton and Cena is what I blame most for me turning of. Still I am but one man I bet WWE couldnt care less with the money they make of Cena merchandise.

Credit>WWE.com

The WWE.COM live chat staff were pointing out that 'B' kept winning many of the votes last night and said it must be a backlog carrying over.

As I wrote earlier in the thread, many of the unofficial polls on wwe.com had massive majorities for stipulations that didn't win.

I did notice 'B' won the first three votes. It was dumb of them to use the same text number for every vote when they were coming that thick and fast.

Archived