WWE Raw - Power To The People Night

ChapManiA

The crowd audibly groaned when Mason Ryan won. The crowd there that night didn't want to see him wrestle. As it happened I thought 'well, I guess there's just more people who'd like to see a big guy batter a small guy' but WWE's explanation makes more sense. People say they're doing that to protect Sin Cara but there were other matches which had odd results too which again WWE explained.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The crowd audibly groaned when Mason Ryan won. The crowd there that night didn't want to see him wrestle.

Re-read that comment again and ask yourself what reaction an audience should do when they hear that a HEEL has won a fan vote? Should they throw baby's in the air and dance through the streets at the thought of one of their favourites getting his head kicked in off a bigger man? Seriously, I'm stunned at your "The crowd there that night didn't want to see him wrestle". Of course they didnt. The fans didnt want to see Undertaker wrestle the Warrior in 1991, because their hero might not have came back in one piece. Heels arent supposed to get positive reactions. Fans dont want to see a huge man wrestle a small man they are fond of.

Not that I'm saying WWE is doing it to protect Sin Cara, but the fan vote was manipulated before hand for the result to be not in question. Two heels and a babyface going for a FAN vote? There should only be one winner there, so talking like Sin Cara got fucked out of winning X Factor is a bit much. The biggest knobhead in that segment for me was Evan Bourne grinning like an idiot. I wonder if Jim Cornette would take issue with that one? No way should he be smiling after hearing Mason Ryan won a chance to rip his head off.

• Paid Members

There's a difference between booing and groaning though. If they booed Mason Ryan because he was a heel, then he's doing his job right. Groaning because nobody wants to see him is completely different.

• Paid Members

I'm aware of that, but they didnt groan. They booed. Groaning is when Savio Vega walks out as Shawn Michaels replacement in WWF's highest buyrate for about 18 months. The fans never groaned on Monday night. You only have to go back and watch is, the fans showed disappointment (naturally) and then booed him. There was so much shit on the show last Monday, they'd have been groaning all night if they were easily disappointed.

• Moderators
Groaning is when Savio Vega walks out as Shawn Michaels replacement in WWF's highest buyrate for about 18 months.

And JR really clutching at straws referencing his feud with Stone Cold 2 years prior.

What an interminably boring read this thread has been. I don't know who started the joke that Mason Ryan is their next burgeoning superstar, but it's not funny. Also, what a cop-out of an explanation: "no, they were BOOING him see, they are meant to boo the heels". The crowd were fucking restless from all the shit they had to endure for pretty much the duration of the show. Being exposed to a big green diddy like Mason Ryan was no different.

Oh, and predictably on WWE.com they are running with a "YOU WANTED IT, YOU GOT IT!" headline: Sin Cara VS Evan Bourne on Raw this Monday.

This is the first Raw I've missed in a couple of years. Right now is the first chance I have to give it a watch, but I really have absolutely no interest. It's a bit sad really, I pretty much always watch even the most predictable episodes.

What an interminably boring read this thread has been. I don't know who started the joke that Mason Ryan is their next burgeoning superstar, but it's not funny. Also, what a cop-out of an explanation: "no, they were BOOING him see, they are meant to boo the heels". The crowd were fucking restless from all the shit they had to endure for pretty much the duration of the show. Being exposed to a big green diddy like Mason Ryan was no different.

Oh, and predictably on WWE.com they are running with a "YOU WANTED IT, YOU GOT IT!" headline: Sin Cara VS Evan Bourne on Raw this Monday.

What joke? It's sad that people on here can be so critical of other views. Just because you don't recognise talent, it doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't, as evident with the vote on RAW.

Mason is clearly at the start of a very long career, so of course he's got a long way to go. I'm just glad he has the crowd support and I hope management builds on that.

What joke? It's sad that people on here can be so critical of other views. Just because you don't recognise talent, it doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't, as evident with the vote on RAW.

Mason is clearly at the start of a very long career, so of course he's got a long way to go. I'm just glad he has the crowd support and I hope management builds on that.

Dude he got booed to fuck and the crowd didnt want him out there and where chanting for Batista. Ryan is shit Bourne was tellin him what to do and he was still clueless it just looked clumsy. How long has he been wrestling? Cos the way he comes across it doesnt seem that long

Barri started trainining around 2006, joined FCW in 2009, and has only been on the main roster since January. So I think he's doing a pretty good job so far.

Just because the live crowd didn't want him, the HOME audience is FAR bigger!

Chanting Batista at him is a huge show of respect.

Chanting Batista at him is a huge show of respect.

I see it as they dont like him and want to see Batista. If they liked him they would chant his name regardless of him bein a face or a heel

I'm aware of that, but they didnt groan. They booed. Groaning is when Savio Vega walks out as Shawn Michaels replacement in WWF's highest buyrate for about 18 months. The fans never groaned on Monday night. You only have to go back and watch is, the fans showed disappointment (naturally) and then booed him. There was so much shit on the show last Monday, they'd have been groaning all night if they were easily disappointed.

It was definitely an odd reaction. There's definitely a difference between booing a heel and groaning. Mason Ryan isn't over enough for that to have been a reaction to how good a heel he plays. He got barely any reaction in the match partly down to his inability to latch on to what Bourne was trying to communicate - like clearly Bourne was trying to get across that he wanted Ryan to punch at the start of the match and for Bourne to duck each time - hence the bad flow of the match. Also, the crowd started a 'Batista' chant which isn't a sign of respect, it's because everyone knows he looks like Batista a bit. Why would they care to advertise Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne if the audience genuinely didn't want to see that match? Maybe Sin Cara's protected but not to the amount where they're going to say 'I don't care if you voted someone else, you WILL get to see that match'. Frankly, you're wrong.

'Frankly, you're wrong' is showing a bit of an unnecessary ego. There's no right or wrong. We're just discussing and giving opinions.

I don't see why people aren't capable of that without taking the high ground and insisting they're the right ones.

You could be right about Mason Ryan being the next big thing. Who knows? I doubt many thought Rocky Maivia was going to be the next big thing. You are going out of your way to promote your love for Mason Ryan though looking at your signature so I'm going to think of your love for him as a gimmick.

I'm saying that considering the amount of evidence to the votes fucking up, people saying that the votes didn't fuck up and Mason Ryan did win properly are very likely to be wrong.

Archived